Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA release candidate 1.59 build 78955

Can anyone who's got it make a decent mirror available please?

All the ones from multiupload have terrible speeds and the ones I have tried so far drop connection half way through.

Hanzu's mirror

Should be fast if not too many are dowloading simultaneously. Might be slower for those not located in the old continent.

---

As I said I accept animations as they are even though I'm realism fanatic too and only play on Expert difficulty, but I remember all the years we played original Ghost Recon. You could listen enemy to shoot, stay ducked down and attack when enemy stopped firing and started to reload. You actually saw them doing those reload animations (handling ammo clips). So it should not be too hard technically to implement realistic reload time which would give new tactical element in both PvE and PvP. Ghost Recon did it already more than 10 years ago. So maybe this could be added to Arma2 as future feature. In Ghost Recons switching from primary weapon to AT was too fast too, but it took quite a long time before reticule stopped moving and allowed you to shoot.

Edited by Hanzu

Does anyone know if the VOIP bug is also present in this as was in previous beta's? It's hard to tell, because of so much being focused on the stupid animations drama, other bugs are buried and forgotten or just not addressed. :(

I'm probably going to stay on 78413 until I know if anyone else is experiencing the lack of being about to use ArmA's VOIP that seemed to appear in the last 2-3 beta's.

because this is RC not final patch unless classified otherwise ...

that's gunna be decided in upcoming days ...

Because it is not a final patch but just a "release candidate" (as you might have read). If people will just continue to bitch around about what they want to see in future patches and what not, and noone actually writes "this patch made my computer explode", then BIS will rename the release candidate to be the final patch and put it on arma2.com and mirrors.

I can reload (AK-74M) and do some action faster in RL than in current 1.59 patch.

I never hook with gun for corners and other stuff because of weapon collision in RL, but in "realistic" 1.57 I do.

If you're acting like a dumb u need to go military, feetness club and learn to shoot.

So BIS made a step to realism with 1.59.

Say what? I call total BS on what you say about your super reload skills.

This is how fast a highly trained operative reloads a smaller and lighter AKSU:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egS5b6ZUp4w&NR=1

So unless you also happen to be a member of SpN MVD/FSB/GRU, I find it very hard to believe your claim.

This is all done under the perfect conditions and the operator discards his original magazine instead of storing it in a vest (a la ArmA2). I grantee you that he would not do it as well or as fast after having run for 1km, then having crawled the same distance on his stomach while bullets are flying all around him (a la ArmA2).

Sorry Prodavec, but I am not buying what you're selling us at all... if you catch my drift...

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

Its pretty simple, I thought that after the poll it would be removed or added in a different way, or at best left to mods to speed up anims.

So, now, we folk who aren't into these anim speeds will just have to put up with upping "back to normal" anim speed mods as they arrive in either a standalone form or through ace, same with clan servers and such ... shame realy, but hey, its Arma, and all can be fixed ... even if that was a fix for some :)

I can agree on both arguments with speeds, but a one size fits all "dirty filthy patch fix" ... wasn't great, but will have to do I guess. I assume the current engine cant be flexible enough to have a server option for speed increases.

The comedy part is jump over fence speed "which needed to be faster" has now broken mods that speed it up and now its slow again ... oh the comedy :) If nothing else speed that up BIS! :0

Edited by mrcash2009

mrcash2009 the animation changes/tweaks are quite different to the 1.58RC so the poll had effect ... if You claim otherwise then You not tested 1.59 ...

Edited by Dwarden

This is a minor thing, but I now have an extra logo at the bottom of the main screen.

extra_logo.jpg

STEAM distribution?

No I have the DVD editions of A2 and OA (separate discs, not the combined arms package).

But you forgott one thing though. The jav needs time to lock on aswell :p
Metis does not need any time to lock nor does Dragon, and MAWWS is as powerfull. As descibed in countless posts already...all this weapons need a lot of time to prepare for fire and reload (unfortunately possible for all Launchers) takes even more time.

IR you dont carry a AT ready to fire around with you all the time.

The game goes the wrong way...longer Weapons switch time and relaod was long time asked for...but it goes the opposite direction toward arcade rocket spamming. handling 20kg weapons like 50g paper rolls. The game shifts again towards lone wolfes with unrealistic performing ATGMs halting whole tanks platoons single handed at unrealistic ranges.

I SEE NO IMPROVEMENT...just another shift towards arcade like with introduction of engineer class. This change is a breaking point for me and others. Its a paradigm change ad i'm really dissapointed the first time after so much years.

Edited by Beagle

No I have the DVD editions of A2 and OA (separate discs, not the combined arms package).

I had something similar once, I used a launcher (dunno which one, Spirited Machine I think) and said to launch "Arma 2 CO", which included ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead, but ArmA 2 was already in the extension list so I got it twice, including campaigns and single player missions.

I SEE NO IMPROVEMENT...just another shift towards arcade like with introduction of engineer class. This change is a breaking point for me and others. Its a paradigm change ad i'm really dissapointed the first time after so much years.

Yeah i am not even sure why it was changed in the first place.

EDIT: Though i dont see whats wrong with the engineer from BAF.

This change is a breaking point for me and others. Its a paradigm change ad i'm really dissapointed the first time after so much years.

You know what, i'm kinda tired of hearing people whine moan and complain. The wonderful thing about Arma is with mods and a little patience it can be played exactly how you want to play it. If you don't like these new aspects, as many don't personally like others (Myself included) -change- them. In reality this changes effects you only as much as you want it too.

All I see is a ton of drama lama's over something not nearly as serious as made out to be, and easily fixed by a mod that wouldn't even be 1MB in size if it's just configs for animations as it would seem to be, rather then new animations themselves.

People need to clam down and stop loosing a gasket over nothing, if you're so put off that you're at a "breaking point" the door is over there, some may miss you, most will forget you, and others will replace you.

Good job BIS for being the most active to support your game of any company i've dealt with ever.

Edited by Kevaskous

When i join i get bad verision server rejection in arma2 & QA so i take it that means the servers havent updated ? All servers are X

When i join i get bad verision server rejection in arma2 & QA so i take it that means the servers havent updated ? All servers are X

This is not a full release, most likely most servers do not yet have this installed, if at all before the actual full release.

Kevaskous,

With all due respect, you need to calm down yourself. Beagle has contributed quite a lot to this community and he has a right to his opinion regarding the game that he has payed for and supported for so long.

Peace,

DreDay

This is a minor thing, but I now have an extra logo at the bottom of the main screen.

extra_logo.jpg

Weird, I have retail A2 + OA + BAF, and my main screen only has the BAF logo.

Is this because I use the "-mod" command line?

Edited by Duckmeister
Forgot to quote

@ Duckmeister

The -mod= parameter is not needed anymore for DLC, just delete it.

Apart from the hot topic everyone is debating about, what else has changed or improved in this RC?

Yeah i am not even sure why it was changed in the first place.

I think this is a major part of the problem;

it´s not only about "some minor changes that can be easily fixed by a mod" but in terms of BIS´dealing with it´s fellow customers this could be seen as a "breaking point or paradigm change" by many.

Hi All!

very old bug

version 1.57 Combined Operations Final -plane crash

first beta versions -plane landed Fixed

later beta version Combined Operations -plane crash

version 1.58RC Combined Operations -plane crash

version 1.59RC Combined Operations -plane crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFXq43VZT7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp5f6lLGgCY

We beg PATCH PLEASE!!! :(

i was forced to make EXAMPLE out of this post:

seems like these bugs aren't reported on CIT ...

we have CIT (Community Issue Tracker)

which in fact is BUG Tracking System to actually help us track bugs and get them fixed!

this system is officially supported and used by us (BI staff)

how use it is explained in sticky here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

since it supports OpenID (google account for example) login i doubt there is anyone unable create account or login

why it's not used by many community members is mystery to me?

so instead of posting repeated forum 'rants' w/o sense or Youtube videos which often are in such bad resolution or w/o needed explain details

why not make CIT report ticket like this and this

(which i made myself after trying to figure out wth the bugs are):

1. L-39ZA crash on landing at South Takistan airfield

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18370

2. Su-34 crash after takeoff from South Takistan airfield

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18371

* this one has specific conditions to be met hence pain to figure out w/o repro mission or repro steps

notice that included is repro mission and simple repro steps and description ...

this should be way how report bugs (at minimum)...

Edited by Dwarden

Kevaskous,

With all due respect, you need to calm down yourself. Beagle has contributed quite a lot to this community and he has a right to his opinion regarding the game that he has payed for and supported for so long.

Peace,

DreDay

There is a definitive difference between voicing an opinion and simply stirring the drama pot and whining and moaning. As I've already said there many aspects of this game that I think could be improve, hear me complaining non stop like a broken record saying how I'm at a breaking point? No, that's just badgering and being a kid about it. Like anyone else I go and look for mods, and see something that changes or in my eyes "fixes" a part of the game to how I think it should be, and use it.

I think people who have been here a long time have forgotten what other games are like. I suggest you pick up a new block buster style game see just how much they listen to your opinions there, or see what they fix and don't, or try to improve, or even how long they support their title. I think one game will be disappointing enough to accept that sometimes you may not get what you want here, but for a large majority of the time you, and that's a blessing.

Furthermore, I have just as much a right to voice my opinion about his conduct as he does about his views, which are simply that, his views.

Sorry for any trouble this may stir but I just don't appreciate the tone being pushed on BIS especially after having dealt with some truly awful companies like Activision.

P.S.: I am perfectly calm, happy as a clam outside of a busted tooth, but as he, I'm voicing my opinion on something i don't agree with ;) Always a two way street mate.

Edited by Kevaskous

Dejte si více Äasu, my si klidnÄ› poÄkáme. A ve finálním patchi 1.59 pÅ™izpůsobte herní požadavky (zmÄ›ny) vÄ›tÅ¡inÄ› uživatelů. ;):)