Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

BIS Module Improvement Project

To solve your two problems/requests, I suggest looking at:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Ambient_Civilian_Vehicles

There is a file in the demo called init-silvie.sqf which you can edit. Take a look at it to understand how to implement these parameters.

The two parameters you are after are:

• vehicleInit = <code>; - custom init which is executed on every car. Vehicle can be accessed using _this variable. Init is executed as separate script, so sleep or waituntil commands can be used without limitations.

Example: BIS_silvie_mainscope setvariable ["vehicleInit",{_this lock true}];

and

• vehicleCount = <string>; - formula on which basis system calculates number of vehicles for location. %1 is number of buildings (blacklisted objects are excluded) in 500 metres from location.

Example: BIS_silvie_mainscope setvariable ["vehicleCount","round (%1 / 10)"]; Default value (and recommended): "round ((sqrt %1) * 1.5)"

FYI - zGuba has asked to add some of his changes in this ticket, http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18339

Been messing around with this for a few days now and absolutely love it. I've always used these modules in my missions.

I haven't had any problems, but if I do or have a suggestion I'll head over to dev-heaven.

Thanks again!

Second Release - MIP20110331.ZIP

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mip/files

Module Improvements

New improvments to the modules are:

• Garbage Collector
    • Added dedicated server support to Garbage Collector
    • Added optional auto scavenger every 5 minutes using:
      BIS_GC setVariable ["auto",true];

Installation Instructions

If a mission maker wishes to use this replacement code, here are the instructions.

• Simply copy the CA directory into your mission folder to over-ride the default BIS modules.
  • Place a BIS Garbage Collector module in the mission editor and add the following to your Garbage Collector module INIT to auto scavenge for dead bodies and destroyed vehicles every 5 minutes.
    BIS_GC setVariable ["auto",true];

Congratulations on the release Wolffy.

Good to see you're making progress. :smile:

Which module is next?

Thanks guys.

Which module is next?

As I need to fix stuff for the MSO, I submit it here.

I'm thinking SOM, but it might be a while yet.

Well thank you for your work. I`ve tested it and I can say:

Villages have more population than big towns. For example in Chernogorsk, Elektrozavodsk, Zelenogorsk I haven`t seen anybody ( include manned transport ). Even some small villages have no people ( like Bor ).

Tested on 1.59 CO.

Villages have more population than big towns

I left the debug markers on so you can look and confirm whats going on.

In Chernagorsk, I see 56 people (check the number next to the flag in middle of town). If you can't see them walking around, they may be hiding. The markers should show you everything.

If a town has no people, its it likely it is not covered by a CityCenter spawn radius. There are 3 options:

1 - get the map maker to include one next release

2 - increase the spawn radius, which will increase the number of people all over the map

3 - manually add a citycenter (see here - http://creobellum.org/node/183)

Thanks. One more thing I`ve spotted - many vehicles spawns with grenades and magazines, etc. in thier gear - I think it should be cleared.

Edited by Li0n

Nice job Wolffy

To save everyone hunting through all the files can you tell us how to remove the debuging?

And would this remove all the markers on the map when in Game?

Thanks

Edited by Telson_VBAU

Nice job Wolffy

To save everyone hunting through all the files can you tell us how to remove the debuging?

And would this remove all the markers on the map when in Game?

Thanks

Its really simple - text search for all instances of:

_debug = true;

and replace with:

_debug = false;

Then all the icons on the map will disappear (and you'll probably get a performance improvement :) ).

Wolffy, any chance you can add Fallujah v1.1 to the island list? That is a very large city, so you shouldn't wind up with too many traffic jams, and if you do, we'll chalk it up to city life. It's obviously a breed apart from the other islands and needs your expertise on how to handle it properly.

Wolffy, any chance you can add Fallujah v1.1 to the island list?

I was in discussions with Shezan and the problem lies in the building types that are used in that map. It was a while ago, so I don't remember the specifics. There were a few workarounds mentioned, but I haven't tried any of them.

More info here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1878961#post1878961

Did you do anything to ALICE2 to allow it to be used on a dedicated server (without causing desync issues whenever a civilian is killed)? I had found a way to do this once upon a time, but it involved basically disabling the entire scorekeeping (keeping track of what civilians from different towns think of you) component of ALICE2.

Nice work regardless; this is a great idea.

Did you do anything to ALICE2 to allow it to be used on a dedicated server (without causing desync issues whenever a civilian is killed)?

I have never seen this problem. Can you confirm it is present in the current release of MIP and provide a repro mission is its the case by logging a ticket on Dev-heaven?

Hi Wolffy,

Sorry a little stuck on this!

I normaly have a Sivile Module placed on the map with the following in the init:-

BIS_silvie_mainscope setvariable ["vehicleInit",{[_this] execVM "carbomb.sqf";_this lock true}];

But as I am now using your version and I only place the Alice down and NOT the Sivile and have this in the init:-

BIS_ALICE2_fnc_civilianSet = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules_e\alice2\data\scripts\fn_civilianSet.sqf";

As i only want the cars that drive around.

So where would I now need to place my code as I would like this to be on any cars that is driving around.

Thanks

Edited by psvialli

unfortunately, the traffic cars don't have a custom init. Just do what you were doing before, it should still work.

Hi, would be possible a fix for the issue #7117 being implemented in this project?

Hi, would be possible a fix for the issue #7117 being implemented in this project?

Certainly Alef - if you have the modified code, just submit them as Feature Requests of the MIP project, and I'll put them in.

I need to release again soon as there have been a number of changes pushed to the GIT repository recently.

This looks like an great module but i still have two qeustions,

I text searched for "_debug = true;" and other searchwords but i still cant find the file which contains the option to turn the debugging off, can u tell me the file name please?

I am useing your module in takistan but yet i see alot of chernarussian and russian civilians spawning, i'd like to only have takistani civilians and vehciles spawn, how can i do this whitout useing the civilianRarity and vehicleRarity arrays?

I am useing your module in takistan but yet i see alot of chernarussian and russian civilians spawning

Are you using the Takistan demonstration mission or one you created yourself?

Are you using the Takistan demonstration mission or one you created yourself?

I am getting on both my own, and the demo mission, however on the demo mission it seems like there are less russians civs spawning and more takistani, then i get on my own mission.

But on both missions i am getting takistani and russian mixed together.

On the debug qeustion, i think i found the line in the mip/init-animals.sqf.

Listed as

BIS_animals_debug = true;

changed it to false, but still see the markers.

is it possible to despawn pre-set town modules or a grp. of villages after we have cleared them?

Edited by blackmamba