Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

BIS Module Improvement Project

All the modules should have debugging features you can turn on and see on the map. Try them, if nothing happens then let the map author know it doesn't work.

There is plenty of resources on BIF about how to get ALICE and other modules working in maps.

Many thanks,

I got Civi's spawning in now when I create the townlist using your Module , as ALICE is NOT compatible yet, but the cars and drivers do not spawn in.

If i place the SIVILE module down and use your code the vehicles spawn in but no drivers , even when i set the distance to 3K is it just because it is not set up yet for Alice ?

Is there a way to force drivers, as I really would like to have a lot of cars driving around to make it more realistic

The number of cars is proportional to the number of civs - increase the population to increase the number of cars, but watch your server performance impact.

OK have this all working and it is great !

If I wanted to add something into the INI of just cars that Drive where would I look ?

I normally have this set in the SIVILE module which works great but I only want to add this into cars that are driving. So it will turn driving cars into car bombs, not the stationary one.

BIS_silvie_mainscope setvariable ["vehicleInit",{[_this] execVM "carbomb.sqf";_this lock true}];

There is currently no parameter for it. You would have to modify alice_traffic.fsm

There is currently no parameter for it. You would have to modify alice_traffic.fsm

Many thanks,

This is a little over my head but I presume I would need to add this to the vehicle spawn ?

Any help suggestion on where I would add / change the code to add carbomb.sqf to each vehicle that is spawned.

class Spawn_Car
   {
     name = "Spawn_Car";
     init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_classlist = _logic getvariable ""ALICE_classes"";" \n
      "_classlistVehicles = _logic getvariable ""ALICE_classesVehicles"";" \n
      "_classVehicle = _classlistVehicles call bis_fnc_selectrandom;" \n
      "_destination = _neighbors call bis_fnc_selectrandom;" \n
      "" \n

Many thanks !

i got a problem. I remeber that i used your module on fallujah and it worked fine. Now i got a mission. I take one of your mip.takistan test folders, copy over the stuff from the editor, add the folders to my mission. When i wanna preview the mission it says, i'm missing downloadable content such as : cawheeled2_btr90 , cawheeled2_towingtractor.

I looked into my old mission on fallujah, i can start it without any problems, i copy the exact same content from the editor over to my updated mission, and i get that error..Can u help me out plz ??

Sounds like your missing arma 2. But it's weird because you shouldn't be able to load up Fallujah without Arma 2.

After testing ive found that the Military Symbols Module does not work when using mip.takistan, i havent tried other maps?

I use this

setGroupIconsVisible [true,false];

in the init

Just a heads up, or if anyone has a solution would be good :)

Single player, hosted LAN or dedicated server?

I've seen it working but I'm not sure if it was on dedi server.

This is with SP, no other mods... i have not tested with LAN or dedi.

Definitely works in the editor and SP.

Can you confirm that your group knowsabout the other groups? Once they are out of range, the symbols will disappear.

Ok ill test it tonight and report back.

Edit* Ok its definitely not working for me on takistan, i got the latest missions from here https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mip/files

I got A2-OA 1.6

If i place the military symbols module with init:setGroupIconsVisible [true,false]; in mip.takistan i see no markers at all, no matter what my character is.. blufor/opfor/civ.

If i remove all other modules and units from the map so theres only the military symbols module and player i still get no markers!!? (somehow i think thats a bit strange)

If i delete the script and CA from the mission folder it works?

Edited by Katipo66

Hi Wolffy,

Have been playing around with the "alice2_traffic.fsm" this but still no Joy could you point me in the correct directions ?

I need to add

execVM "carbomb.sqf"

to the INI when the vehicle is spawned but just cannot get it working.

Thanks

Many thanks,

This is a little over my head but I presume I would need to add this to the vehicle spawn ?

Any help suggestion on where I would add / change the code to add carbomb.sqf to each vehicle that is spawned.

class Spawn_Car
   {
     name = "Spawn_Car";
     init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_classlist = _logic getvariable ""ALICE_classes"";" \n
      "_classlistVehicles = _logic getvariable ""ALICE_classesVehicles"";" \n
      "_classVehicle = _classlistVehicles call bis_fnc_selectrandom;" \n
      "_destination = _neighbors call bis_fnc_selectrandom;" \n
      "" \n

Many thanks !

If i delete the script and CA from the mission folder it works?
I need to add
execVM "carbomb.sqf"

I'll look into both when I have a chance.

Woops! wrong thread! Sorry!

Edited by Lucky44
mispost

In which file can i control, which civs are spawning? Last time i tried, i had takistanis and chernarus civs. I'm a bit confused while looking into the script. I also wasn't able to remove the debug markers from town centres and all those lines. You said to look for debug, but it doesn't work somehow..

Hi Wolffy,

Have been playing around with the "alice2_traffic.fsm" this but still no Joy could you point me in the correct directions ?

I need to add

execVM "carbomb.sqf"

Thanks

I am still having an issue trying to add something to the vehicle INI when it is spawned , can you please let us know where it should go ?

Thanks

Wollfy, posible some CIV reactions on war behaviour?! if player kill/shoot CIV and CIV have some weapon with some chance he begin shoot to threater!

Installation Instructions

If a mission maker wishes to use this replacement code, here are the instructions.

Simply copy the CA directory into your mission folder to over-ride the default BIS modules.

Place a BIS Functions modules in the mission editor and add the following to the INIT:

Code:

BIS_fnc_locations = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "CA\modules\functions\systems\fn_locations.sqf";

Place a BIS Ambient Civilans (Expansion) module in the mission editor and add teh following to the INIT:

Code:

BIS_ALICE2_fnc_civilianSet = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules_e\alice2\data\scripts\fn_civilianSet.sqf";

and i placed CA into mission folder. I play Duala. I see Duala civs but also russian civs. How can i modify that? i tried to do it but i can't seem to find it

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

could it be this one in main.sqf ?

} forEach ["CIV","CIV_RU"];

{

_type = _x getvariable "type";

_name = _x getvariable "name";

textLogFormat ["Log: ALICE: Initializing ...",_name];

// _pos = position _x;

if (isnil {_x getvariable "respect"}) then {_x setVariable ["respect",_twnrespect,true]};

_x setvariable ["ALICE_threat",-1,true];

_x setvariable ["ALICE_status","black",true];

_x setVariable ["ALICE_population",[],true];

_x setVariable ["ALICE_populationActive",[],true];

_x setVariable ["ALICE_populationCountDef",-1,true];

_x setVariable ["ALICE_populationCoef",0,true];

_x setVariable ["ALICE_playersNear",false,true];

_x setVariable ["ALICE_forcePopulation",false,true];

_x setvariable ["doorcountdef",0];

_fsm = [_x,_classlist] execfsm (_BIS_Alice_path + "fsms\alice.fsm");

_x setvariable ["ALICE_fsm",_fsm,true];

//if (_x == bis_loc_acityc_khelm) then {diag_debugfsm _fsm};

I play Duala. I see Duala civs but also russian civs. How can i modify that? i tried to do it but i can't seem to find it

That's by design - it is the way Icebreakr has set his town factions.

To change it, look at the Ambient Civilians module on BIKI (town factions).

I already searched over there, but i don't get it. Well at least it's working, so some russians are on vacation in Africa :)

Hi Wolffy,

Sorry mate I am still looking how to do this , any idea where/ how i can add something to the Vehicle init of spawned cars that CIVI drive in the alice2_traffic.fsm

Thanks

I'm sorry for posting here if its wrong, but I got a question regarding this.

Is there by any chance a possible to modify the script to add extra worlds? For example, Namalsk?