Sign in to follow this  
Zipper5

ARMA 2: OA beta build 78888

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Changelog:

[78690] Fixed: Crash after UI navigation Options > Audio Options > Auto adjust > Cancel

[78552] Improved: Quick commanding menu now allows to order multiple units to engage or fire at the same time.

[78515] Fixed: regularCheck no longer done for players not fully ingame to prevent timeouts during the mission loading.

I have a question, however: is this build for after the 1.58RC or should we revert to a previous version?

This beta works with either 158RC or 157 (it in itself is 158...)

Animation speeds were tweaked based on the RC feedback as well.

Edited by Zipper5

anything on the animation speed as previously mentioned by Maruk?

[78515] Fixed: regularCheck no longer done for players not fully ingame to prevent timeouts during the mission loading.

Maybe a cure for old "Receiving..."-bugs?

Edited by Hanzu
Too many assumptions

arma2oa.exe: 1.58.78888

You can combine it with 1.57 and 1.58 RC.

Anims appear to be tweaked ones based on 1.58 RC: Diff at CMB

@ Hanzu

regularCheck is related to Feedback on regularCheck use in latest OA/CO by server admins needed.

Not to "receiving" - that one might be (also) due to: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18007

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

This beta works with either 158RC or 157 (it in itself is 158...)

Animation speeds were tweaked based on the RC feedback as well.

Thanks Marek. Installing. :)

Edit:

is fixed! :D Edited by Zipper5

I'm really liking the new animation speeds changes in this beta. Good work, guys!

This really seems to be the ideal to make people who disliked 1.58RC speeds for being too fast and those who disliked 1.57 speeds for being too slow, satisfied.

Edited by Cole

Yay - finally new beta , heh nice to see grenade bug fixed

btw are there some other "secret" fixes?

Thanks Maruk, seems like a win win situation to me. And nade fix makes the day even brighter... eventhough it's night here.. :D

The animations are still way too fast. Still look like out of some Benny Hill episode

Bring original speeds back, they were close to perfect

Thanks for the new beta.

Hint for MP players: Not compatible to 1.57 servers, just tested

So if 1.58RC and this beta are installed there is no way going to 1.57 server unless someone wants to go there so badly that installins older beta that allows 1.57 server joining.

BTW. Grenade bug was currently #4 in highest voted bugs, before it was fixed. So don't forget to vote for things that matter to you.

I too feel the animations are still a bit too fast. Close to 1.5x-2.0x in speed. But I guess I can meet halfway (this beta being halfway) if most of us think this is a good animation speed.

If I want to get spesific it was mostly the "Stand to crouch" that annoyed the heck out of me, but in return I'd say the "Prone to stand" was fairly ok.

Saying "the animations" is really not very informative. It is important to be specific. There are thousands of animations in the game, some are the same now as they were in 157, some are faster, some are slower...

So the only real feedback here really is:

* stand to crouch is too fast

* prone to stand is ok

(at least that is how I read your post).

I too feel the animations are still a bit too fast. Close to 1.5x-2.0x in speed. But I guess I can meet halfway (this beta being halfway) if most of us think this is a good animation speed.

If I want to get spesific it was mostly the "Stand to crouch" that annoyed the heck out of me, but in return I'd say the "Prone to stand" was fairly ok.

The non-sprint run is a bit too fast (19.8 km/h). I found that the 17.8 km/h run in the RC was quite good because there was more difference between that and sprint (23.2 km/h). A slower regular run combined with less stamina loss would be perfect.

The stance transitions are spot on because now it's just as fast as the alternative way of tapping forward and changing stance during the first step, although I do find the stand-crouch foley sounds pointless because they never matched what the legs did in the first place, and the alternative method is silent when done correctly.

The throwing animations need the most work. All stances with all weapons should take the same time to throw a grenade. The 1.58 RC standing with rifle throwing time was good. Instead of disabling running throw altogether, I'd rather see it fixed.

Edited by Celery

Switching to lauchers still looks and plays out a bit off considering that the "avatar" handles 9kg of a MAAWS or the 16kg of a Javelin like it's just paper moch up models of the weapon. And reload is ridicoulous fast for rpgs and lauchers, but that for sure not a animation issue.

Edited by Beagle

The launcher-related speeds appear to be back to how they were before the 1.58RC, Beagle. If they're too fast for you, well, then they've always been too fast. :p

i also think that the animation for equipping launchers are way too fast, are you sure they are same as in 1.57 Zipper5?

the jogging speed is a little too fast now, it was perfect in 1.58rc.

iam very happy with the other animations, they look and feel good.

agreed with launcher animations. Although I always thought they were too fast to begin with...

So the only real feedback here really is:

* stand to crouch is too fast

* prone to stand is ok

(at least that is how I read your post).

You are correct. My apologies for being so vague, I'll post a bit more detailed information the next time I got time to test the beta and remember to post. ;)

Do you have any information about what type of animations that has or hasn't been touched in this beta? Wouldn't make much sense to start giving opinions about the speed of animations that hasn't been changed at all.

Edited by colossus

The fast launcher anims are a workaround of not being able to interrupt the anims.

I noticed that the ladder climbing is god now...no spider crawling anymore.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

The fast launcher anims are a workaround of not being able to interrupt the anims.
With a hughe impact on tactical advantage level shifting towards Infantry. As it was saif before...preparing Lauhcher takes time, you dotn do this whiel shit at anyway and since you will need both hands your rifle will be away from you anyway, no way to grab it in a secodn and fire back...you need buddies to cover you when you're using Laucher weapons. This a too much of one man army thinking IMHO. Just a little exampla...typical time of preparing Panzerfaust "Lanze" (very similar to RPG7) in training conditions for next shot is like 30seconds with help of a assistant Gunner.

Thats of course with all safety measures. You have to assemble the two parts of warhead and launch charge, put both into tube, prepare primer cartridge.

Just have a look here at page 40.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/38137018/ZDv-3-16-Die-Leichte-Panzerfaust

During all this handling the rifle is practically out of reach, it is often just given to the assitant since you cant use it anyway. the RPG is your primary and only weapon if you want to shoot it. Reloading CG is even more cumbersom as it need a second man to do it practically.

Edited by Beagle

I do not want to pinpoint any specific animations at this time. It is not only about getting it the same as it was in 157, it is about getting it better, more realistic and also more fun to play.

You are correct. My apologies for being so vague, I'll post a bit more detailed information the next time I got time to test the beta and remember to post. ;)

Do you have any information about what type of animations that has or hasn't been touched in this beta? Wouldn't make much sense to start giving opinions about the speed of animations that hasn't been changed at all.