Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Crysis 2 PC Demo [Download link]

Graphics are sexy

EDIT: I just had an actual play of the demo, as crap as cod

Edited by ArmAriffic

cool. I'll check that out in a bit.

edit: well, maybe not in a bit, more like as soon as my account gets created. still stuck at registration page. this might take a while.

Edited by Capt. Sand

For sure going to try this with my new GTX460 of which I am so proud after months of waiting (yeah, yeah.......please allow me) :)

Well that was a big dissapointment.

Nanosuit doesn't even appear to have any effect on anything

one shot from a pistol will kill you just like anything else.

COD with fancy graphics.

i cannot even create a new account over mycrysis

Thanks the news. Tried it out and love it. Of course its another COD gameplay style copy but its very nicely done and entertaining. Check it out guys, can recommend it. :shoot:

I have tryed it and it failed for me the MP part :( - just like jblackrupert said

Much boring and another COD cloned game atleast grafics are nice - hoping for better SP in the full version

Edited by RobertHammer

Well, the chance that Crytek isn't seeing my money grows every minute.

If they fuck up a demo release like this, I don't even want to see what happens on game release.

good old Bohemia :inlove:

Edited by Cole

Urgh Crysis 1 was better and I didn't really enjoy Crysis 1.

Crysis 2 suffers from an overwhelming amount of bloom and motion blur. Do not want.

Also you can tell that it's basically a call of duty game now with the MP and I'm sure that has something to do with console players. As soon as a game appears on console, they automatically have to dumb it down.

I fear for Red Orchestra 2 because it's apparently coming out on consoles as well, but I'm in denial and I'm hoping that the PC version is as good/better than Red Orchestra 1.

I could use another fast-paced unrealistic competitive sci-fi FPS that isn't Call of Duty, to be frank. I just wish MyCrysis wasn't dead at the moment with no ETA on a fix, but to be fair, almost every MP beta/demo released nowadays has the same issues at the start.

It doesn't change the fact that I basically need sunglasses to play Crysis 2 due to the bloom.

There was just as much, if not more, bloom in Crysis and Crysis: Warhead. Same with the motion blur.

Okay now that it finally works I have a new nickname for this thing:

BLURRY BLOOM: THE GAME

I mean seriously, what the hell is going on? And no advanced graphics settings? They're seriously gonna charge people for this? ...

Okay now that it finally works I have a new nickname for this thing:

BLURRY BLOOM: THE GAME

I mean seriously, what the hell is going on? And no advanced graphics settings? They're seriously gonna charge people for this? ...

Heh they don't want to switch off bloom and tweak the blur effects - it must shine to blind your eyes and then say "What amazing Graphics" :D

Heh they don't want to switch off bloom and tweak the blur effects - it must shine to blind your eyes and then say "What amazing Graphics" :D

I can just stab myself in the eyes, think "omg this looks amazing" and save 50 bucks.

Why do all games look and play the same these days....:(

I will now offer up 1 very crisp $100 bill of U.S currency to the modder who can make me Swat 5 or Rainbow 7!

Why do all games look and play the same these days....:(

I will now offer up 1 very crisp $100 bill of U.S currency to the modder who can make me Swat 5 or Rainbow 7!

Swat 5? Double that.

I like how you wrote Rainbow 7 :)

instead of Rainbow 6: Next game in the series name here.

Personally I though the Crysis 2 demo was pretty good. Held my attention for longer than CoD and the like. The suit powers take a bit of getting used to, well the setup of them that is. PRetty much everything drains your suit power but the suit seems pretty well balanced in game. If anything I wish the "Air Stomp" worked a bit better, its really fun dropping down and just crushing someone!

Accounts created in Crysis 1/Wars do work on the Demo so you don't have to create a new one if the account server is not letting you create one.

The bloom and Blur is over the top, nothing like Crysis 1/Warhead

if they don't allow you to tweak the settings in the full version

then it's clearly a console port.

Damage from all weapons is the same and having maximum armor on doesn't

appear to change anything then with it off.

The menu system is way too busy and the way the menu moves whenever you move your mouse is annoying as hell.

Maybe map makers can do something with it but the rooftop, tiny map stuff

just doesn't make buying it worthwhile.

Crytek does awesome graphics but they seriously need to partner up with someone

who has the skills and ideas to create great gameplay.

Edited by jblackrupert

I fear for Red Orchestra 2 because it's apparently coming out on consoles as well, but I'm in denial and I'm hoping that the PC version is as good/better than Red Orchestra 1.

They've said that a console version it a possibility at some future point, but the game is not being made at all with consoles in mind for release. Plus they have had a couple of tests now where people from the community (ie players with big expectations) have played the new game and it has surpassed even their ideas of what it would be like.

As for the demo.... Put it this way i wont be buying it, well not until Steam have it for a fiver next year.

Unfortunately as big a fan of Far Cry and Crysis as I am, this one is not on my "must play" list.

Stroll on Duke Nukem.

It's not too fun, More fun than CoD.

Whilst It was downloading I had a go at Java, and created a Pong clone at the same time. I've probably played that Pong.jar file longer than I have the Crysis2 demo. Unsurprisingly, it's more fun too. :p