Sign in to follow this  
Kommiekat

Sound Mods: A combination

Sound mods recently are getting better and better and there even seems to be a bit of competition (though not intended) with different modders.

Maybe not possible for one sound mod to cover every issue (sound) therefore, the idea of combing more than one to pick up where the other lacks.

My question is:

Do you combine more?

Which ones?

Why?

Thanks for your help.

Forum Mod:

I did an advance search on this before posting and found nothing.

If there is a thread already, could you kindly link me to it and do as you wish with this one.

Hello Kommiekat,

There are indeed quite a few sound mods, and of course a sound mod be it good in itself and in general may not apease to one's personal taste.

I for one enjoy the HIFI sound mods as well as the ACE sound Mod, the the one I'm yet to try is Jarheads sound Mod, I didn't really like a small feature of it,

but I know I need to test the whole thing out to really get a full feel of how it is instead of bits.

Same for other sound mods.

As for combining them I currently use HIFI with HACP echos, but I only a few parts of HARP. Some Sound Mods may have conflicts but then

one needs to test mods together by themselves to really see if they conflict.

Im sure others have some decent combinations for sound mods, and maybe some that just have all of one sound mod and nothing else.

Hey there!

it's really a matter of personal taste. All of them are good. The only mistake would be not to use a soundmod ;)

I combine:

Real Warfare Soundmod (for guns and vehicles)

Vop sound for environmental sound

HIFI a10/ HIFI gau8

Robert Hammer Helicopter sounds

flare sound von CptDavo

CSM2 baf sound

works well so far, but still I'm constanly changing this and that...

Have fun.

I compiled something decent out of TRSM, VOP, JARHEAD and ELIAS. It is quite popular on our server. Listen if you like it :)

XRSMv4

Currently I use ACE SM only, when using ACE... and JSRS mod only, when not using ACE.

I'm also curious to see what others combine.

I only use the JRSR mod and Im very happy with it.

Sometimes I use ACE SM sounds but thats it.

I compiled something decent out of TRSM, VOP, JARHEAD and ELIAS. It is quite popular on our server. Listen if you like it :)

XRSMv4

Nice compilation there. :)

I use ACE_SM, and HiFi - I like Hi Fi distant sounds, and weapons, and other things about ace_sm. I was going to put in some CSM for their explosions, but then ace_sm fixed their grenade explosions to sound better, so I never changed.

Ive been waiting for the ultimate combo to come up here, and also been thinking about trying JSRS. So far, its still mostly HiFi for me, and ACE for the SKARs (which sound horrible in original BIS sound).

Heck, I forgot to add my list:

JSRS

HIFI

With ACE

ACE_SM

JSRS

HIFI

Waiting for ANDERS to finish his mod.

May have to check back in with VOP. Been a long time since I used that one.

HIFI for A-10

dedicated su25-39 sound mod

Real warfare soundmod for blufor weapons and ak

Real warfare sound mod ACE

JSRS

I don´t combine. I just use for few weeks JSRS, then I switch to Anders sound mod, sometimes I use ACEX_SM....its all about the mood I have when I want to play. :)

Mark: There have been alot of good sounds out since you stopped dev of HiFi, but for me, HiFi is still the best for immersion and sound dynamics/range. Couldnt live without it.

Now if you did some sounds for OA weapons ? I wouldnt complain at all !

Great work.

Heck, I forgot to add my list:

JSRS

HIFI

With ACE

ACE_SM

JSRS

HIFI

Waiting for ANDERS to finish his mod.

May have to check back in with VOP. Been a long time since I used that one.

Late to the thread!

I am relatively new to the Arma2 modding scene and have read elsewhere that you should not combine sound mods. Well, reading this thread that's obviously not true.

When you combine the above 3 mods (in ACE), do you combine the whole package or do you take out stuff that might conflict?