Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

As I said, What the fuck am I reading?

You're on a public game forum, and this particular section,

has to do with discussion about mods.

I hope that answered your question.

...or you could just step up on your anger management classes, or pills.

You're on a public game forum, and this particular section,

has to do with discussion about mods.

I hope that answered your question.

...or you could just step up on your anger management classes, or pills.

Who said I'm angry?

So, are the models still bending like bubblegum?

Out of curiousity, how many polygons has a single wooden fence segment shown on that pic? It looks quite complicated. I saw the reference photos for such fences on your forums and I wondered, how to make it without straining gpu too much with a single segment of the fence (and ususally there are a lot of segments of the fence in one area).

BTW. Very nice work.

Hi Lecholas

I will be back home in August, so once there, I will check this for you and reply. It is in fact a bit 'heavy', but surprisingly - it causes no lag at all, like it wasn't even there ;)

@Archosaurusrev

I suppose they still are as nobody is currently working on them (in fact on nothing -> we're on vacation)

PS: Looks like the Russian Federation is sending their troops back in time as well ->

PS: Looks like the Russian Federation is sending their troops back in time as well ->

Seems it would be easy to recreate such a scenario given existing addons :rolleyes:

Ok, time travel aside;

back from vacation and back in business.

Abs UVmapped his gorgeous 10TP model today, so I could not do anything else but start texturing it right away.

Camouflage and some small details (nuts and bolts, rivets) applied today. It has no AS texture applied yet ('though one is done already), no normals or alpha channels. Time permitting I will work on this and some decent treads plus weathering for it tommorow (now only placeholders)

http://imageshack.us/g/593/101zg.jpg/

------------------------------

@lecholas

As promised, I've checked the fencing;

Faces: 13382

Sections: 1

Size on disk: 2243 KB

Damn how do you make textures like that man_in_love.gif Look's stunning!

When I made that model, I did not imagine that it would turn out this beautiful! Great work, Topas, and I can't wait to see the final product!!! :D

Abs

Thanks Topas. My curiosity is satisfied :)

I think that's quite a lot of faces for a fence, good to hear that it doesn't affect the performance.

From the Hell in the Pacific Mod thread:

Hi, Topas, it's really strange I couldn't see the above pics. Maybe you could suggest me another link for it?

FKPLACE, I have reuploaded these over at ModDB for you, enjoy ;)

(if that's what you were after, that is)

Simply because it's much easier for me to work on the details (I have some eye-vision issues) with large textures.

For ingame use the final versions of the textures are usually being reduced in size. With the base paint of smaller size, the large ones will be used to make the .smdi and nohq. textures.

The tracks are just a rough approximation of the real thing, merely a placeholder at the current stage. Will work on some proper ones this week. I need to make them look like this. As for the finishing, the visual style I'm aiming for (tracks inlcuded) will be based on this model kit.

Edited by topas

Hi, Thanks , Topas. Maybe it's my Inter Exploer's issue. Still couldn't see them.

Hmm... maybe these will work.

Taken just a few moments ago -> first ingame tests with some wheel detail and new, proper tracks added.

arma2oa2011080201392665.th.jpg arma2oa2011080201405501.th.jpg

At this stage it looks like there's not much left to do. (Well, texturewise at least, as it's just a static object for now. "Two. move to that house") :p

It looks like some parts of the tracks are not mapped properly, as I assumed they wouldn't be. I can fix the UV layout for you if you send me the track textures.

Other than that, it's looking pretty sweet! :D

Abs

Don´t paint light on moveable Parts :shhh:

If i look at the front of your tank, i see Rivets on the Tracks, now i run to the back and so holes :p

I guess this effect is not done by normals cause it looks to powerfull in the shadow and normals don´t really work without good light ;)

I like the Color on your Tank looks really awesome :eek:

Aaahhh... I know what you're getting at Kraetzer! Those rivets/holes are exactly meant to be transparent holes. I just need to edit the alpha channels for the next _ca version of the texture ;)

Thanks for the compliment on the colour, in fact it is wrong and does not fit the rest of our vehicles yet :P

:) I'm a fan of this colour too.

Abs

Aaahhh... I know what you're getting at Kraetzer! Those rivets/holes are exactly meant to be transparent holes. I just need to edit the alpha channels for the next _ca version of the texture ;)

Thanks for the compliment on the colour, in fact it is wrong and does not fit the rest of our vehicles yet :P

be advised, alpha channels on large textures will cause some really weird artefacts with particles (smoke/ dust).

be advised, alpha channels on large textures will cause some really weird artefacts with particles (smoke/ dust).

What's the best way to deal with it? Smaller textures?

Abs

@Alex (1)

I am trying to avoid using this technique on any textures. Yet, sometimes it's unavoidable...If you have 2 trucks using the same tarpaulin model, and the only difference is the 'windows' cut in it... Well, if we ran out of options to eliminate the weirdness - we may go for modeling the 'windows'. Should not be a great MB-raiser to the mod..

@Alex (2)

Smaller texture size seems not to be a solution. I have 'cut' some holes in a 512x512 rim texture of the wz.34 armoured car - and still, the whole vehicle gets transparent when driving thru smoke/dust, making the crew inside visible...

Anyway; a problem to be taken care of sometime..

Now, to disappoint everyone who liked the 10TP colours recently shown... Sorry ;) I have matched it up with the newly drawn camo patterns of all W39 Polish vehicles. Unlike the previous camo this one is a more vivid one, changing the sandy beige into a more yellowish colour. To my defense:

1. it's the best approximation I could get on the only one known to exist, legit, recently found evidence on the Polish 1936 vehicle camo pattern (just a box...)

2. it seems to fit the Chernarus autumn/september :) theme perfectly

arma2oa2011080702023569.th.jpgarma2oa2011080702122397.th.jpgarma2oa2011080702180847.th.jpgarma2oa2011080702265844.th.jpgarma2oa2011080702373846.th.jpg

Surely, one or another will debate over this, but unless a time-traveller proves me wrong this is the colours I'm going for. Regretfully, the box shown is the only thing that remained intact until today of any pre'39 Polish vehicle (whatever vehicle it once may have been - most likely a Fiat621 or Ursus-A).

PS: Don't mind the lacking/ f****up shadows or mismatching normals please. These pics are not for promotional purposes and we're short on full-time/active teammembers since day one (make it two), so these issues have taken a back seat for now with all the content being squeezed into the mod

Edited by topas

The motor pool looks impressive, the textures complement the models extremely well :)