Sign in to follow this  
topas

September 1939 Mod

the best way to deal with it is not to have alphas on the main textures, cut out the parts that are supposed to be transparent (i.e. windows as seperate objects) and give those parts smaller textures (i.e. just a texture of the window) with alpha and a rvmat which is suitable for transparent things (i.e. window rvmat @ jarek, see rhs btr 70).

@Alex (2)

Smaller texture size seems not to be a solution. I have 'cut' some holes in a 512x512 rim texture of the wz.34 armoured car - and still, the whole vehicle gets transparent when driving thru smoke/dust, making the crew inside visible...

Would that have to do with the texture being at the front? (or the back...or wherever transparent textures are supposed to be...)

Also, the new colour looks good to me. :)

Abs

Thanks for those helpful suggestions, will have tyo have a look.

Meanwhile, I have tested a few vehicles and it seems that the alpha channel artifacts appear with decals as well ;/

Edited by topas

Thanks for those helpful suggestions, will have tyo have a look.

Meanwhile, I have tested a few vehicles and it seems that the alpha channel artifacts appear with decals as well ;/

Again, make sure that the rvmat is an alpha safe one.

Sorry for my stupid question, but what about polish and german acting voice? :confused:

It's something difficult to put in, I think. They also may need russian voice?

That's not a stupid question at all... Actually you just reminded us of something that would need be done at a later point of time...We haven't given it much though yet, though... Besides, what would you mean by voices? All spoken phrases, commands etc? Or just some ambient combat shouts and comments? If the first is meant then it'll probably take ages..

Edited by topas

It would be better to include both custom invoices of usual commands and random shouts during fighting. For instance, the russian would roar 'Ulah' when taking a charge toward the enemy or slogans just like ' For Staling' or 'For motherland' or so on.

It would be better to include both custom invoices of usual commands and random shouts during fighting. For instance, the russian would roar 'Ulah' when taking a charge toward the enemy or slogans just like ' For Staling' or 'For motherland' or so on.

It's Ura, goddamnit.

It's Ura, goddamnit.

Do I see a volunteer for the Russian voices? ;)

Abs

when taking a charge toward the enemy

Oh, this would be politically incorrect... There was no formal war decalaration from the Soviets, so technically we were no enemy for them... As the Polish Army was more than busy fighting the Nazis in the west there was no one who could guarantee safety of Ukrainians and Belarussians who lived in the eastern part of the country. So (according to the official Soviet propaganda) it was merely a friendly visit of a neighbor, lending a helping hand a neigbor in distress.

Not only the Belarussians, Ukrainians, everyone, and especially the Polish people were overjoyed and welcomed the friendly visitors with flowers, handshakes and same-sex kisses...

podac-reke-pomocy.jpg

1939,sowiecki_plakat_propagandowy.jpg

8867_m.jpg

Sooo....Instead of Ura or any of the proposed slogans they should be shouting 'We come in peace' or something like this....(like aliens do in movies:P)

---------

irony mod switched off ;)

Edited by topas

"Ulah" :)

Topas its maybe good idea, if you can add few ambient combat shouts in polish for: wunded soldiers,throwing granades, wenn someone kill enemy or somthing like this, maybe even polish "k*mać" for atmosfer :) but im know its probably alot of work for small mod team. So now you have for sure better things fo du for but maybe in future ?

Do I see a volunteer for the Russian voices? ;)

Abs

My Russian accent is terrible.

I'm also underage so it would sound lulzy.

@tom

IF IVAN SAY URA IT URA!

Yeah, you're quite right tom3kb. Although I do not look forward to including any contemporary swearing... I'd stick with something less vulgar and more era-specific. ;)

Ulah -> That'd be more like French... Ulah-lah :P

@Archosaurusrev

Yeah i know its Ura but Ulah was fun :)

@Topas Cdf soldiers somtimes if they are wunded they say "kurwa ja dostałem" or something like that so its no big thing i think. And i write that "k*mać" more as a joke that was not a sugestion :)

I have made a 4TP for your mod, if you want it. :)

4TP02s.jpg

I just finished the model. It should be unwrapped over the next few days.

Abs

I have made a 4TP for your mod, if you want it.

Hmm... I don't know... It's kinda ugly.

Of course I do! THANKS :bounce3:

Hmm... I don't know... It's kinda ugly.

I can't be blamed for this...blame the Polish military. ;)

Abs

Mr.Bean, that looks quite good. No texture?

Well, seeing as how I created the first vertex less than 48 hours ago, no...no texture quite yet.

Abs

Edited by Abs

No texture?

Just wait 'till I get my hands on that one :bb:

Nice job! I wanna kill some nazis. :D

-----------------------------------------

In game of course ;)

Edited by dembol754

Nice job! I wanna kill some nazis. :D

-----------------------------------------

In game of course ;)

Wehrmacht and Waffen SS has nothing to do with the party :plain:

Not exactly thats true, but you have right not all [normal/simple] soldiers have something to du with the party.