Sign in to follow this  
tankgun

Decades Of Tiberian

Well if you want it then it is yours, I'll work on the resolution, shadow and geometry LOD's but I can't do much in the way of texturing (at this point) or coding.

I'll get the updated one set up as well once it passes, that way you can please the fans who like it as close to the original as possible and add a bit of spice with a familiar but newer one.

Rodger that, I Could probably try texturing it if we can get a UV Map and whatnot

And Good idea about the two versions!

Ah right forgot about the UV mapping, I'll take care of that for your as well and later on if you feel you can do a better job then by all means :)

A lot of the units used in the original CNC game are based on units that are already in game and would just need a re-texture.

Examples include:

Bradley

Abrams

M113

Humvee

C-130

There's a few more.

Yupp, thats what were Doing at the Moment. Look on our Moddb and you will see the Light tanks, APC's and the Humvee

@Imperator_Pete: in fact the C-130 is wrong. Nod and GDI's plane in the game are in fact the C-17 Globemaster III. Thought yes the C-130 was no doubt used by GDI and maybe Nod, the C-17 was said to be the plane that actually air drops the Nod vehicles in on the airfield and as such may have been Nods main transport plane.

Desktop is working on making one.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=11054&n=last#bottom

Look at the Antonov AN-22 which is wrong and under the picture it explains :)

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncimg/img_archive/air2.html

He shut down that project. Last I heard he was planning to give to anybody willing to finish it

Keep up the good work guys, and remember the motto of the true C&C. "Long Live Westwood Studios! Down with EA!"

:D

Hmm, Will have to look into the C-17 then eh?

Ahh, the Good 'ol Motto of the true C&C Fans!

It's cool we're all having the same opinions and wishes :D

Having different versions of the mamooth tank actually makes sense as the GDI was testing prototypes of it in the african desert. I think it was in Angola and Tansania.

C&C wouldn't be the same without its bases and buildings. Are you going to take care of that as well?

Ya some point is the word :p

And about the C-17, if thats so then that really does suck. But yes the motto is true to form, down with EA and forever Westwood ^^

Edited by TankGun

Tiberium Teaser

Here is just a teaser for our fans, MadDog has made us a very nice module that allows Tiberium and Tiberium growth. Here is a large field with standard growth setting.

Enjoy :)

imageshackcc.jpg

You make me wanna play C&C again :( But I haven't got the time for it.

Be sure to add the characteric mudd too :D http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Tiberium

I wish I could help you a little bit, but my time schedule is already on 200 % :(

Maybe you can try to add the tiberium environment color to it. It's working inside of missions, but I'm not sure if you can add it in your config.

_Light1 = "#lightpoint" createVehicle position NAME_OF_THE_OBJECT;

_Light1 setLightBrightness 0.07;

_Light1 setLightAmbient [1.0, 1.0, 0.0];

_Light1 setLightColor [1.0, 1.0, 0.0];

You can alter the color, the brightness and the glow width by using different settings. Give it a try :) It definately looks crepy if you see a glowing tiberium field at night.

Nice idea. :)

Currently the crystals do glow in the dark at night, but that's about it. They're still just stand-in models anyway. We'll be making some better ones soon. The initial goal was to get the placement and growth working, which was achieved yesterday.

Next step is ensuring MP functionality. After that we'll get to the visual quality.

@[GLT] Legislator: What MadDog said :p

@Celery: Yes eventially we hope to have it so it hurts you as you walk on or near it.

@Celery: Yes eventially we hope to have it so it hurts you as you walk on or near it.

In that case I suggest using the _unit setHit ["",damage _unit+0.001] method to simulate poisoning as opposed to getting visible wounds that occur with setDamage.

Good idea Celery, with luck we may have that in for first release.

Yeah, along with some visual feedback (so the player knows he's being hurt) that should work well. :)

Hopefully, But right now were trying to Finnish a Alpha Version with some Light Vehicles and Infantry Classes as well as a couple air units

Yes and as said with luck this Alpha version may include the Alpha version of the Tiberium module.

Ya Chem Warriors ftw, need to get hold of a Gas Mask and maybe a guy wearing a Chem. suit as well to be immune to the Tiber :)