Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

is there any tutorial how to use this hyper new six updater? otherwise i want to have the old one :( it always says "cannot update, mod is tagged 'skipped'"
Did you disable autoskip by chance in the options? Re-enable it if you have.

You are not running the console directly, but use the GUI, right?

It works largely the same as the old, principals are the same.

Edited by Sickboy

Did you disable autoskip by chance in the options? Re-enable it if you have.

You are not running the console directly, but use the GUI, right?

It works largely the same as the old.

Yes, i'm using the GUI. Enabled and re-enabled the autoskip. Always the same:

"Mod is tagged 'skip' in the configuration file. Skipping..."

Yes, i'm using the GUI. Enabled and re-enabled the autoskip. Always the same:

"Mod is tagged 'skip' in the configuration file. Skipping..."

Version is 2.1dev? Have you clicked Sync once, and in the log reads; Synchronized 133 records with server-site!?

If not, double check firewall that the GUI is allowed (if you have a hash based firewall, you'll have to re-add them each time it auto-updates the exe's).

Do the mods show up as yellow, green or otherwise?

Please create a screenshot of the GUI, and attach log files; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support

I will fix the issue asap if it's issue in the app. Working fine on all my test machines and that of testers so it's odd to say the least.

Edited by Sickboy

Version is 2.1dev? Have you clicked Sync once, and in the log reads; Synchronized 133 records with server-site!?

If not, double check firewall that the GUI is allowed (if you have a hash based firewall, you'll have to re-add them each time it auto-updates the exe's).

Do the mods show up as yellow, green or otherwise?

Please create a screenshot of the GUI, and attach log files; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Support

I will fix the issue asap if it's issue in the app. Working fine on all my test machines and that of testers so it's odd to say the least.

Tried Sync, version 2.1, all mods green. I've tried it for more than an hour. It's enough for today. I will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far. Maybe I'm to stupid...

Green means you're up2date (according to synchronized and detected mod versions). Did the sync output as I wrote?

I'd say it's because it's not synchronizing properly - either the sync breaks due to a bug or not able to connect (firewall problem), the logs should tell the tale.

Edited by Sickboy

Could you please help me? It would be to damn hard for me to reverse engineer the ace scripts without any help.

Hi!

Im building a mission with a player hostage who is meant to be wounded. I want to achive some kind of scripting method to require the hostage taker team to repeatedly examine and treat him, in about 20-30min intervals, or he will die.

I checked out all the info that exists on http://ace.dev-heaven.net, but thats not enough for what i want to achive.

From a players perspective i dont even know the basics of the ACE wounding system, what is the connection between wounding - bleeding - unconsciousness - pain - cardiac arrest? What effect does bleeding have besides making a mess around you? I assume you slowly loose health, but in what extent? Whats the main bad effect of beeing in pain? Thats whats making it harder to aim? And when should someone use the CPR? When the death counter is counting on somone?

And what are the scripting commands to produce these different effects for someone? If i use call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_addDamage to damage someone, does the bleeding/low blood pressure/pain effects arise?

How can I guide Kh missiles on SU-25 or SU-39?
Aim for a laser

What?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missile_Guidance_Improvements+howto#Kh-29L%20%28Su-25/etc%29

I aim, press "Space", but I cannot lock on the target. I have no visual lock on nor acoustic confirmation. And I get too often "distance too high"...

Edit: Ok, I found the problem, aiming is buggy. I cannot aim with the crosshair, the laser shows way lower than this crosshair, the laser is not even on the hud.

Edit 2: The proof. I was aiming at the hangar...

arma2oa.exe1zmmy.jpg

Edited by birtuma

I aim, press "Space", but I cannot lock on the target. I have no visual lock on nor acoustic confirmation. And I get too often "distance too high"...

Edit: Ok, I found the problem, aiming is buggy. I cannot aim with the crosshair, the laser shows way lower than this crosshair, the laser is not even on the hud.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17212#note-7

Updated docs asap.

Maptools and DAGR aren't disabled. They just don't show up in the magic box because of reasons mentioned. Also, like I mentioned already, I have disabled the behaviour for the test mission. You just have to wait 8 hours until the next update! http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Ongoing_Development

Was it 8 hours or 8 mounts when the map tools come back? :sarcasm:

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

What does it mean? Do we have to adjust the laser manually or will it be moved to the crosshair as previously?

The Su-25 laser is pointing at the wrong spot and cant be moved.

ITS A BUG!

They will fix it.

Have patience plz.

Was it 8 hours or 8 mounts when the map tools come back? :sarcasm:

Its never gone away? :confused:

The Map Tools, at least, and probably the DAGR, are now in the magic box, and is and always has been available through addWeapon (ACE_DAGR and ACE_Map_Tools)

How reliable is tank FCS for everyone?

Around 50% of the time I press Lase, I get a flashing 000 instead of a range printout, and the weapon isn't zeroed properly. This isn't a maximum/minimum range issue either.

Could it have to do with the target I'm pointing at? (Unit vs prop vs ground) Or script lag from low FPS?

Edit: And it is disappointing that player gunners are unable to guide Ataka and Shturm missiles. It seems that only the pilot can use them, in Fire Control mode with the gunner's guidance. This is true for both turret and fixed autocannon hinds.

Falanga work like normal SACLOS missiles.

Edited by maturin

The Map Tools, at least, and probably the DAGR, are now in the magic box, and is and always has been available through addWeapon (ACE_DAGR and ACE_Map_Tools)

Incorrect DAGR and map tools are in the new box called item box I think.

Incorrect DAGR and map tools are in the new box called item box I think.

They are in the magic box too in the ACE Demo mission because the magicbox limits are disabled there, as pointed out some days ago, the map tools and other items are set to Armory disabled, so they don't show up in the magic box unless you remove the limits (like in the ACE Demo mission) http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Weapons_System+notes

will you incorporate the M249 Para and the mk46 mod ace ARMA2 in Operation Arrowhead version of ACE mod?

They are in the magic box too in the ACE Demo mission because the magicbox limits are disabled there, as pointed out some days ago, the map tools and other items are set to Armory disabled, so they don't show up in the magic box unless you remove the limits (like in the ACE Demo mission) http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Weapons_System+notes

Ok thanks now i only to figure out how i remove the limits.

But i dont understand why are these items default hidden in the magicbox.:confused:

The new artillery stuff looks totally awesome (will need a deep guide on that one), but there's no way to measure the elevation of the mortars/other weapons for the range tables right now?

The new artillery stuff looks totally awesome (will need a deep guide on that one), but there's no way to measure the elevation of the mortars/other weapons for the range tables right now?

We haven't begun integrating the new system into mortars yet. The *only* thing using the new system is the ACE_M119.

All stock BIS/ACE stuff has not changed (yet) with this new system.

Hmm weird, Kelly's Heroes YAS Repo has not been updated for some time already.

Usually Cross is pretty fast on it, I wonder if he's still around...

I just made a simple mission were my black hawk got hit by some AA.

I lost my tail and main rotor, but then my gunners jumped out and deployed parachutes.

Is this supposed to happen?

Yep, to do artillery right we have to throw away anything that BIS has done. :p New models, new scripts, new dialogs, new everything. :D