Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Just wondering are there were any plans to update the ACEX_PLA? It's been awhile since it was updated and maybe adding some North Korean stuff would be possible?

*hint hint*

Just wondering are there were any plans to update the ACEX_PLA?

No, there are no plans to update ACEX_PLA.

Xeno

Is there any documentation on how to use the new Mortar features ?

Gas masks were also in self interaction key last time I checked, but you do need to edit the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp to replace "John Doe" with your own character name.

Gas masks were also in self interaction key last time I checked, but you do need to edit the Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp to replace "John Doe" with your own character name.

Im sure this way was abandoned and the new way is to use the clippi tool?.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik the clippi is only used for all other settings, but this still needs to be edited in the userconfig folder.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik the clippi is only used for all other settings, but this still needs to be edited in the userconfig folder.

Nope I all most 100% sure its all in clippi now.

look at change manual settings in there is a select your identity yo in game name should be in the drop down box :)

EDIT

Completely unrelated to the discussion above (apart from is all so ACE) but I was playing on an ACE server earlier and shot an AI gunner.

Now either ACE added it or I was blind to it before but he kinda lost step and tumbled to the floor and clambered back up it looked very realistic.

Edited by stk2008

The profile part I thought so. I added it to mine at the beginning.

Now either ACE added it or I was blind to it before but he kinda lost step and tumbled to the floor and clambered back up it looked very realistic.

Yup, that happens sometimes when you get shot. It happens to players too :D

Figured I'd post and subscribe since I haven't to this thread yet. Enjoy the artillery. :)

Hi guys, I was wondering if there are any plans to enable the pilot of a gunship chopper to use the gun camera (TADS)? There is a lovely little 'fire control' option to enable manual fire it would also be great if the pilot could also manually target for the hellfires and cannon using the TADS just like the gunner can. Any plans?

i'm absolutely for NO.

pilots have to fly,gunners have to use hellfires and cannon,remember Ace mod,when realism matter!

Explosives? Try the self interaction key. That's in the WAGN as well. Gas masks... well you can find it. No need for me to do it all. ;)

No, the gasmask used to work on those mercenaries, and now, they don't. Its because of ACE. And balaclava too!

Hi!

Where can i find a more in depth information about ace_sys_wounds? Especially about a mission makers point of view. The overhaul at http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounds_Overhaul is not enough for me.

Im building a mission with a player hostage who is meant to be wounded. I want to achive some kind of scripting method to require the hostage taker team to repeatedly examine and treat him, in about 20-30min intervals, or he will die.

From a players perspective i dont even know the basics of the ACE wounding system, what is the connection between wounding - bleeding - unconsciousness - pain - cardiac arrest? What effect does bleeding have besides making a mess around you? I assume you slowly loose health, but in what extent? Whats the main bad effect of beeing in pain? Thats whats making it harder to aim? And when should someone use the CPR? When the death counter is counting on somone?

And what are the scripting commands to produce these different effects for someone? If i use call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_addDamage to damage someone, does the bleeding/low blood pressure/pain effects arise?

Anyone knows what happend to the AOR troops ? I seem unable to find them. IIRC they were under "AE US Navy" before, but now they are nowhere to be found.

I was wondering if the wounding system can be made a little more SP friendly. It causes huge problems with team switch.

The 2 issues for me is;

First, if I push "T" to see the team switch screen, you have no idea who is wounded. I have had the headache of switching in to a wounded body, who is blacked out, or dead a second later. It causes me to have to restart the mission, because my soul is stuck in a dead body. Normally when dead, game over, or i can team switch. But ACE causes you to jump into a dead body and can't do anything but restart.

Second, if I black out, and have no medic, i must wait the 5 minutes to bleed out in order to team switch. Once you start to fade, all team switching is impossible.

Or is it possible for me to change a pbo in order to fix it on my own system.

Thanks

Team switching breaks a whole host of mods and features.

If you team switch to a Playable unit, you can't use earplugs anymore.

If you team switch to a Playable unit, you can't use earplugs anymore.

Not quite true ;)

//In each unit's init write:	
//nul = [this] execVM "earplugs.sqf";

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};

_unit = _this select 0;

waitUntil {_unit == player};

if (_unit hasWeapon "ACE_Earplugs") then {	
       [_unit] execFSM "\x\ace\addons\sys_goggles\use_earplug.fsm";
};

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/acex/repository/revisions/develop/entry/addons/missions/mpmissions/co@08_Reaper.Takistan/earplugs.sqf