Love how you've kept much of the detailing to 3D. definately a snazzy model you have there :)

OMG!!!! - Great model !

btw am hoping for proper modern T90 turret

The one in Arma 2 isn't proper?

The one in Arma 2 isn't proper?

No, the BIS model uses the cast turret from the early T-90 (production from 1995) similar to the T-72's turret.

The T-90A which is the one that's seen more widespread production for Russia's military since 1999, has a different, welded turret.

NVM:- Rob beat me to it

It could just be me but upon closer examination this model looks like it has less ground clearence than the default, which is a good sign :)

I don't know much about tanks, but what is the difference between this and the t-90 already in-game?

I don't know much about tanks, but what is the difference between this and the t-90 already in-game?

T-90 - Base production model - in ArmA 2

T-90A - is the Russian Army newer Variant; welded turret; fitted with V-92S2 engine; ESSA thermal veiwer.

T-90M - Explosive Reactive Armor; improved 1,200 horsepower engine; revised improved turret assembly; new armor; new main gun; Thales thermal imaging; GPS navigation.

Edited by RobertHammer

No, the BIS model uses the cast turret from the early T-90 (production from 1995) similar to the T-72's turret.

The T-90A which is the one that's seen more widespread production for Russia's military since 1999, has a different, welded turret.

NVM:- Rob beat me to it

I'm probably a retard but If I compare this WIP to the A2 one there isn't much of a physical difference is it?

I'm probably a retard but If I compare this WIP to the A2 one there isn't much of a physical difference is it?

I would say it's in the eye of the beholder. Compare Dractyum's T-72 to the BIS T-72 and you may not notice much of a difference but I sure do.

Between this and RHS' upcoming T-80 it looks like the Russkies are finally arriving full force in Arma 2 in 2011. :cool:

Retard is a bit harsh, it's just not your fortei.

I hope the released version has the Refleks missiles as ammo for the main gun rather than a third weapon, being able to "double tap" a target with sabot and a missile is just absurd.

Also how about making blown ERA tiles part of the vehicle's damaged textures?

I hope the released version has the Refleks missiles as ammo for the main gun rather than a third weapon, being able to "double tap" a target with sabot and a missile is just absurd.

Also how about making blown ERA tiles part of the vehicle's damaged textures?

That's possible?

Of course, it's pathetic. Because the missiles are a seperate weapon to the main gun they have independent reload times, meaning you can fire the main gun then switch to missiles and fire one off.

The missiles should be an ammo type for the main gun so you have to select them as you would to switch to HEAT. In my opinion the T-90 should have four ammo types for it's main gun, 3BM48 APFSDS, 3BK29 HEAT, 3OF26 HEF and 9M119M Refleks.

Edit: Same goes for the BMP-3 by the way. It's capable of a "triple-tap" by firing the 9M117 then the 2A70 100mm HE then laying into a target with the 2A72 30mm AP. This allows it to destroy any tank within about 5 seconds.

The 9M117 should of course be an ammo type for the 2A70 main gun

Edited by *Zeewolf*

Does ACE fix this? I recall selecting ATGMs using the ammo menu of the main gun.

Does ACE fix this? I recall selecting ATGMs using the ammo menu of the main gun.

Yes it does. Both T-90 models presented in ACE have a gun launched missile available, loaded through the action menue.

---

Dractyum, will you also create the T-90A version without Shtora IR reflectors?

t90mm1.jpg

Edited by King Homer