Sign in to follow this  
-=anders=-

Sound Of Anders (soundmod)

The breathing/coughing and walking on gravel (eg in towns south of Zargabad) sound is imho too much/loud in non-ace version. The rpt file gets filled with some "missing" stuff. Take your time to fix it but don't change too many weapon/shell configs. If you can make some or one extra pbo for additional AI+player sounds - sometimes "Silence!" is stealthy-deadly required. ;)

nice work Anders.

One thing I think you need to check is the difference between the L110 and the GPMG. These two guns have should have different sounds but sound the same.

Will do! :)

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

@-=anders=-

Do you have plans for making sounds for vehicle engines?

It would be nice if the vanilla sound of the turrets in tank if you rotate them could be changed into something lower.

Cause this one is really anoying !!!

Yeah, im about to get My hands on vehicles now.

Still getting an error for missing anders_s_guns upon entering missions. Great mod, though.

Still getting an error for missing anders_s_guns upon entering missions. Great mod, though.
Seems so weird. Havent had that while entering missions. :/ dont know how to solve that man. If theres someone out there who can help me with that i would be happy.

Gonna look into it!

I should add that I'm using the non-ACE version. I used to get similar errors with VOP Sound. Could it have anything to do with the combination of mods I am running?

Okay, after a little bit more testing, some more observations.

The error doesn't appear when running a single-player scenario. I ran the BAF mission Grand Theft Info and had no error.

The error does appear when trying to host a scenario on a local server.

The error does appear when trying to join a scenario on a dedicated server.

Okay, after a little bit more testing, some more observations.

The error doesn't appear when running a single-player scenario. I ran the BAF mission Grand Theft Info and had no error.

The error does appear when trying to host a scenario on a local server.

The error does appear when trying to join a scenario on a dedicated server.

Thx for noticing that.... Anyone else got this problem?

Great work Anders. I have the zip file of the new version right here but - because of social life duty - I won't be able to test it 'till .. well, soon (I hope).

Keep it up! ;) and thanks!

EDIT: I am loving the explosions! ;) I managed to stay up late and try it out before social-call-of-duty :)

Edited by Reezo

quite love the sound mod, no matter OFP or ARMA1, 2, the default sound, seems the gun in your hands is always far away from you.

Thanks Anders, look forward to your further update!

Anders, the movement and environment sounds now are really fantastic! I wonder though if you'd be able to remove that really loud chirping bird that has annoyed me and probably many others since Arma2 was released. If you don't know the one, let me know and I'll try to record it for you.

New update @ 1st post..

As I've typed there, in the next update I will (eventually) have implemented sounds for jump, lean, roll animations.

Cheers!!! Now I'll have a big pint of beer! :D

sounds good anders..litterally, now enjoy your pint your definitly earned it! btw if you dont mind me asking did you personally record the M4A1/A3 sounds that you used for this amazing sound mod? reason i ask is they sound way to real to be one of them edited sounds or however some sounds are made (dont really know too much about making/editing sounds for addons), because from what i remember my M4 sounded like, your mod is pretty accurate!

anyways thanks for the hard work, hope to see more from ya in the future!

@Anders

You bring us a good sound mod, and could you improve the artillery shell incoming sound?Many sound mod ignore it. A powerful incoming shell sound overhead is very nessesary for improving the battlefield ambient.

And I noticed sometimes there is a strange sound when keeping running, sould like a monster short loughing. Please check and tweak.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Thx guys! And what chirping bird are u talking about? :) Cant record it? :P

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11035283/forest-sfx-6bird.wav

Mean this one?

Nah, I don't mind that one, it's that really loud bastard with the single whistle/cheep who I want to kill :)

I'll try to record it.

PS Thanks for 1.05, SOA just keeps getting better and better.

Hey, does anyone know if the game supports stereo-sounds for "up-close" shots from weapons? I mean, that the stereo sounds should only be hearable when the cam is about 5 feet away or at the player's head. If so, how would the config look like?

I saw some stereo shoot sounds in CSM2OA soundmod. Wonder why Chammy did that, if its not possible.

The thing is that mono-sounds are meant to be played where the objects are placed. Like explosions, footsteps, distant shots, casings etc. etc.

Hope you get my point. :)

Mono sounds only matey, sadly stereo doesn't work... Personally I think the sound engine needs a serious boot up the arse, but thats down to BIS..

The game makes the stereo field out of mono sounds, if chammy added stereo sounds to his mod, I'd be amazed if they even sounded ingame.

Mono sounds only matey, sadly stereo doesn't work... Personally I think the sound engine needs a serious boot up the arse, but thats down to BIS..

The game makes the stereo field out of mono sounds, if chammy added stereo sounds to his mod, I'd be amazed if they even sounded ingame.

Well, I have stereo sounds for wind/environment sounds and those works great! :)

But how do you mean with "stereo field out of mono sounds"? For only gunshots or?

If it mix the mono sounds into 2 mono sounds (stereo) would it be possible to add 2 different mono sounds to play simulaneously? Like mono; shoot1.wss and shoot2.wss at the same to mix down to stereo? Well, we would definitely have some great quality sounds if this would work. Hard to make powerful mono sounds.

Well dude, if you have stereo wss files working ingame, that is pretty cool :cool:

However since its my understanding that the game takes mono from the sources around you to create a stereo picture for the player (and yes that means all the sounds except music).

So my question is, do your stereo sounds play in 'stereo' or 'mono' when ingame ?

To answer your question, I have yet to find a way to make 1 weapon fire 2 sounds at the same time. I guess this could be scripted though, so not impossible but a pain in the arse.

Who knows maybe the sound engine will get an update :)

Anyways mate, good luck & well done, nice mod !

hey mark

i foud also a way to do 2 sounds at same time, and currently im working to get a 3rd sound:eek:

Stereo doenst work, only music. and i dont think its possible to play 2 sounds at the same time to get stereo feeling. its a problem of the soundengine itself.

And i hope that the soundengine gets an update too.

You can almost feel the power on that M107 at the end of that video. Mwahaha! :D