Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

I made some major fixes and improvements to the UC script. Hopefully Shay finds the time to implement them into future versions...

Hi, thanks but ATM a friend of mine, Tweet is covering the UC scripts he is allready in beta testing faze, so i'm giving him the right of way on this.

Something else I found out: When you place an object and delete it with 3D, then save the mission to clipboard + load it from clipboard, the deleted object will return and is still placed on the old deleted location.

Yes, again, lazy me. I'll will attend to it in next release.

Some more stuff I found out setting up a mission. Multiple CAS does not work. I can select more than one CAS run, 2-6, but it only seems to have one CAS run. How long do you have to wait for the 2nd etc.? I'm patient but after some time waiting I got bored.

I hope the GUE start point issue I mentioned earlier can be fixed in the next release. I really need it :)

Only the A-10 run is confined to one run at a time. The rest can simultanly. GUE, Ru exc. start location are working alright, it just the hint text is wrong. I'll add the UC respawn thing on next release.

first off...

AWESOME Stuff this is !

excellent work bro....

But here's a thing I just can't google for and so I need to ask directly.

I would like to know if its possible, and if yes how exactly, to change the roles and/or it's loadout?

see, I have a Bundeswehr (German Army) Mod and wish to make some nice missions with ace etc. and of course MCC. Everything works fine but I kinda wish to let my playbase choose at least one or two squads (roles) to appear as german soldiers. Cause the whole german camp used by USMarines just doesn't fit ;)

I already opened the .pbo within the editor and looked for the stuff myself - I used to edit back the days in OFP and was a freak in it - but today I just can't find what im looking for...well I found the lines who are doing the magic with the roles loadout but cant figure out how to edit them to other units.

I hope my question is easy to understand and I really hope u can explain me how to do so. AND? mybe add a option to change the roles on scratch within MCC GUI :)

greets Falke :yay:

depbo the mission and load it in the editor

Change any of the playable units to a class of your choice.

If you want to edit the loadouts, goto the F2 Framework folder and you can change them there. It's fairly easy to work how it all works.

hi, first of all i really appreciate your excellent work on the sandbox, keep it up!

i do have one question though, is it possible to place a fully functional 'ACE_EASA_Vehicle' with the 3D editor or manual .txt editing? theres one on the LHD but i need one on land.

ok i did what you told me to do, i created a unit in the 3d editor and put "this join player" in the init box of the player and i spawned him and he didnt join my group.

any help would be appreciated.

hi, first of all i really appreciate your excellent work on the sandbox, keep it up!

i do have one question though, is it possible to place a fully functional 'ACE_EASA_Vehicle' with the 3D editor or manual .txt editing? theres one on the LHD but i need one on land.

You can dePbo the mission open it in the editor and do whatever you like with it.

As said before you can use the MCC Sandbox as a backbone for a more dynamic mission.

I'll add this function to the next release. I beleive next release will be in the next weekend.

ok i did what you told me to do, i created a unit in the 3d editor and put "this join player" in the init box of the player and i spawned him and he didnt join my group.

any help would be appreciated.

Sorry mate i've should have been more precise write:

[this] join (group player);

I'll add this too to presets.

Edited by shay_gman

Hey there again :)

Well I managed to modifie the MCC "Backbone" so far that I already made up a German Army Platoon System with the needed gear loadout aswell.

But know I approached a little problem...

I really want to add german backpacks to make it perfect.

But it seems that I just can't...

I changed Gear_0 setup this way

if ((faction _unit) == "BIS_US") then {

_radio = "DE_Backpack_Specops_EP1";

_rucksack = "DE_Backpack_Specops_EP1";

_medicrucksack = "DE_Backpack_Specops_EP1";

DE_Backpack_Specops_EP1 - seems to be a native backpack which is included within arma2 / OA from scratch I think right? Because nobody talks about it as addon as I browse google for it...

But when I start my offline LAN game to test the change and I choose a role which load outs with that backpack - the game always tells me:

"config...weapon/DE_Backpack_Specops_EP1 no entry"

After that I just thought this backpack simply doesn't exist and I misunderstood it...so I downloaded a KSK_mod Addon to add these backpacks myself - and even as I loaded the game with the addon and changed the gear script to loadout with the addon backpacks - the same thingie with "no entry" appears.

does MCC just recognize/accept addons which are popular? So I have to "add" new addons anyhow that way MCC can use them?

please help me out with that issue - I really managed to modifie MCC that far without real help but now I'm just stuck :(

Edited by Falke88

Hi Falke i'm glad you are making a progress with MCC.

I don't know what is the class name you are adding.

But, MCC will read any addon that the mission creator is using, it will fire it up automaticlly so. Ofcourse you should have the server running the addon too as the mission maker only call the for the actions the server is the one the executing them.

So if i'm asking the server to spawn "Shay_gman_soldier" unit, the server should have the mod runing too.

Anyway to make a long story short:

1. MCC will detect addons automaticlly.

2. The mission maker shouldn't try to spawn any unit from an addon that isn't running on the server.

3. I have no clue where did you get this name class "DE_Backpack_Specops_EP1".

4. Try using "ACE_ALICE_Backpack" as it looks like the german backpack and it should work as it is a part of ACE.

Hey there Shay,

Well I'm actually not running on a server - for testing I run on LAN Game - so the Addon source is my own machine which allows me to use all my addons.

the name of the german backpack I use is found here:

http://www.armaholic.com/colombia/editing/manuals/cobafCargoCapacity.pdf

If you search for the keyword u'll find it there - which tells me its a native part of Arma2

- Well I'll rely on the Alice backpack but'll try to get it working anyhow...

mybe you can test it urself with the item_name for yourself and tell me if u succeeded...just if you find the time for it for sure

greets Falke

Hey there!

It's me again...sorry tho...

Just a quick question...

I changed my MCC Takistan.pbo MPMap for use with DSO4 (German Army Addon Pack) - well the Addon pack doesnt seem to get accepted on my server - some bikey issues which I can't really solve atm.

As I am in the Create Screen of my Server and choose my MCC Takistan map - it kinda starts but then jumps back to the create screen...didn't did anything tho...

does MCC break up if the Addon which it needs arent on the server - or not really available?

greets Falke

Hey there!

It's me again...sorry tho...

Just a quick question...

I changed my MCC Takistan.pbo MPMap for use with DSO4 (German Army Addon Pack) - well the Addon pack doesnt seem to get accepted on my server - some bikey issues which I can't really solve atm.

As I am in the Create Screen of my Server and choose my MCC Takistan map - it kinda starts but then jumps back to the create screen...didn't did anything tho...

does MCC break up if the Addon which it needs arent on the server - or not really available?

greets Falke

Yes, every mission in ArmA2 will break if it has dependency on an addon that isn't there. Check the mission.sqm for addOns[]={} and addOnsAuto[]={} to see which classes are required for a mission.

Check the RPT file on your server to see which mods are missing exactly. mission.sqm will only tell you what is required, not what is missing. In any case, jumping back to mission screen is indeed usually the result of the server missing a required addon.

First of all great work! I use it at my community (nice-team.eu) for our team evenings. :yay:

I have two requests regarding the silencer script.

When adding the silencer you have to reload manually, would it be possible to add the following line at the end?

_caller selectWeapon _weaponnew; // Select the primaryWeapon	
	_muzzles = getArray(configFile>>"cfgWeapons" >> _weaponnew >> "muzzles"); // Fix for weapons with grenade launcher
	_caller selectWeapon (_muzzles select 0);
	[b][color="Red"]reload _caller;[/color][/b]
	};

Now you add the silencer and automatically reload the weapon.

The Second, when you add or remove the silencer while wearing nightvision goggles it automatically turns it off. Would it be possible to check if the nv goggles are on and tell the script turn them on again after changing the weapon? I would do that too, but I can't find anything how to check if they were on or not.

Also adding the pistols to the script would be nice. :yay:

If I find other improvements or bugs I will write again. ;)

@Falke88:

For Backpack take this one "ACE_Backpack_TT" (desert) and "ACE_Backpack_FL" (woodland) or "ACE_BackPack_ACR_TT" (desert big) and "ACE_BackPack_ACR_FL" woodland big).

Wenn ich im TS bin und nichts zu tun hab, kannst mich ja auch mal fragen. Bin allerdings bis Montag weg. :-P

Edited by Tasel

Hi shay_gman,

first of all, thanks for this great mission maker tool. We really love it!

As i promised, reporting in some bugs and suggestions for the next versions

Bugs:

• When you place a unit with Ambient AA or other Ambient things, it won´t correctly safed in the clipboard. When i load the mission again with one of these units, it won´t work. It just not appears. If i remember right, its the same with the hostage script, placed in 3D.
  • Maybe its not a bug, but its not possible to create markers in the capture mode. For example, if there is a Opfor Unit spotted by Blufor, a marker with new Mission Infos appears on the map. Is there a way to create a marker in capture mode?
  • Bunker, sandbags etc placement fitting/snapping to uneven terrain on placement in the 3d editor
  • And, as far as i know, the UAV/ULB function works only for the mission maker. It seems buggy as soon as another player try to use it. But i haven´t checked this.

Questions/ Suggestions

• Possibility to deactivate the aircraft carrier in the mission settings?
  • Possibility to choose the ACE wounds in the mission settings. We are using this:
    description.ext
    // ====================ACE Wounds============================
    	class WoundsRevTime 
           {
                   title = "Revive Time:";
                   values[] = {60,120,180,240,300,-1};
                   default = 180;
                   texts[] = {"60 sec","120 sec","180 sec","240 sec","300 sec","No Timer"};
           }; 
    // =======================================================================

Mission.sqm

class Item1
    {
    position[]={4811.6206,15.087652,2325.26};
    a=0;
    b=0;
    repeating=1;
    interruptable=1;
    age="UNKNOWN";
    expCond="local player";
    expActiv="if ((paramsArray select 14) != -1) then {ace_wounds_prevtime = (paramsArray select 14)};";
    class Effects
    {
    };
    };

• It would be nice, to ungroup a hostage once he is in your group. So you could rescue someone, bring him to your base for example, and leave him there.
  • Fix of objects that dont spawn exactly on the targeted location in the 3d editor
  • More placeable zones ... please :D

Sorry for my bad english. :rolleyes: Keep up the good work!

Jackson

Edited by Jackson.

Add another to the 3D editor (though I think it may have been mentioned already) - deleted items placed by the 3D editor still get saved to the clipboard. You can manually edit them out later (if you can work out which one it was!), but it can get annoying - especially with that object placement snapping thing meaning you have to delete quite a lot to get it just right.

Well, displacing the objects would solve the problem. There was/is another sandbox system where this works perfectly. Even in the clipboard.

One other thing. I´m working on a mission right now on ToraBora. I have problems with setting up more than one trigger. It´s working live ingame, but its not possible to save a second trigger to the clipboard. All units/zones i´ve created after the second trigger (in capture mode and standart mode), won´t be loaded out of the clipboard. Did someone experienced the same?

hey there its me again...

Well I just uploaded the @AMT (Dingo Vehicle Addon) [http://armed-assault.de/news/arma2-dingo-released.html]

As I join my server there isnt any complain about the Key so I assumed there isnt a problem. As I started to use 3D Editor of MCC I saw the Dingo in the list - I could choose it...even see it but then as I dropped it with "Space"-Button ...it didn't appeared on the map actually...tried some more time but didn't worked...no error message etc.

Where could be the problem here?

SOLVE: I just didn't uploaded the Addon right - sorry for using valuable Thread Space :(

greets Falke

Edited by Falke88

Yo guy most of the request/bugs are allready fixed done in the WIP 1.5.8. I'll keep you posted.

Falke88 the reason is that the server isn't runing the addon, So you see it in the preview but when you asking the server to spawn it he dosen't have that class.

Make sure you are spawning only objects the server have.

Edit: the jeep out of zone thingie seems to be a common bug - so sorry for reposting it!

I have another issue I can get on all of your nerves with.

The minefields are an awesome feature...in LAN Game they will work so - but when I use it on my deticated server, no minefield appears even tho the zone is marked in the blue shaped colour which indicates a minefield...

As far as I can just can upload the mission pbo I don't know what I forgot to upload to use with MCC that It'll work on my Deticated Server, too. I love to search for solutions but I just can't figure out what the clue may be :S

btw: Is there a way to avoid the FPS Drop when being a Mission Creater and playing his own mission? My Squad tells me to Logout as Mission Creater - but that doesn't seem to solve the problem very well...

greets and keep up the good work !

Edited by Falke88