Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

MCC Sandbox - Mission making the easy way

@Falke88 yes it did happened to me once but I couldn't reproduce it. If you can please share how. Most likely something to do with UPS or zone something.

Any way, new release added homepage.

Version 1.5.8 changelog:

Fixed:

-Presets wheren't loaded.

-AT minefields, AT minefield's CBU.

-Generated weapon box showing default weapons including the one you generated.

-"Release Hostage" action isn't showing.

-Under cover agents dosen't spawn correctly.

Added:

-"Join Player" preset

-ACE Poor's man revive.

-Parameters: ACE reveive, Teleport to team enabled after death, Spectator mod while waiting for revive, F2 name tags.

-AT minefields are slightly burried when spawn.

-Remove body's script after revive.

-Pistol silencers script.

-Guided missile's script for CAS, bombs will no longer spawn on top of the target.

-New CAS options: Rocket strikes run, AT missile run, AA missile run.

-"Disband hostage" action.

-New 3D editor inteface.

-Enable/Disable objects aligning using "Alt" key in the 3D editor.

Edit: BTW I didn't find any error using the UAV with someone that isn't the mission maker.

Dva1gtmNLJU

hey there shay, im one of the guys from sixbitunder, u may know our man jackson.

we're putting sandbox missions together on a daily basis and you just made our lifes a whole lot more comfortable.

thank you so much for really looking into our feature requests and bugreports.

im the one who requested the terrain alignment and the exact spawning of objects placed in the 3d editor and now its really here thanks to you, you just made several of my days :p :D

i'll hope and pray every day that you dont lose interest and keep the excellent work up ;)

we'll keep collecting bugs and ideas for possible additional features, promise :p

and heres to a long, happy & fulfilling cooperation, cheers :yay:

(thanks again)

Hi i have a really stupid question, How exactly do i use the MCC, i have read the manual but im not sure how to use the MCC, what do i have to do to be able to use MCC in a mission?

Well MCC is a mission itself - you just put it into your mpmission folder - then start (for testing) a LAN Game and create a game with the Mission called "MCC_V.1.5.8_Takistan" for example then u'll spawn into a empty takistan map which is ready to be filled with the awesome features of MCC!

Just roll your mousewheel to enter the action menu and select MCC :)

Hi Shay

Im trying your system for the first time as it looks very interesting. I depboed your fallujah mission. Is it set up for the new version 1.2 of the map. Your arty coordinates dont look correct and units are set off the map.

@Falke88 yes it did happened to me once but I couldn't reproduce it. If you can please share how. Most likely something to do with UPS or zone something.

Hey there,

Edit: Hmm the jeep outta zone issue "seems" to be solved - dunno how but seems to be ok now...

The last bugger is the FPS Drop as Mission Creater - which not seems solvable :D

So far - verrrry good work dude!!

Edited by Falke88

I'm not getting the mssionmaker menu to come up in the action menu after the mission has initialised. Got latest versions of mission, CBA, ACE and RTE and am not running any other mods.

I start the mp mission, Wait for it the initialise, hit the mouse scroll but only get change weapon.

I get a smaller blue six menu when I use the player interaction menu

What am I doing wrong?

Well MCC is a mission itself - you just put it into your mpmission folder - then start (for testing) a LAN Game and create a game with the Mission called "MCC_V.1.5.8_Takistan" for example then u'll spawn into a empty takistan map which is ready to be filled with the awesome features of MCC!

Just roll your mousewheel to enter the action menu and select MCC :)

OHHHH those PBO's are missions? hahahahah thanks. :o :eek:

Nice, again a nice update.

It would be nice if you could select the respawn timer via a parameter.

will this work with just A2 and ACE with no DLCs?

Yes. And OA of course.

Would it be possible to get the CAS script seperate from thw rest of the scripts?

Didnt see a CAS script with so much options before!

Saw the video earlier today and was blown away by how many options on air support we now have its incredible.

I'm a first time "user" of MCC and came under the problem of everything gives me "ACCESS DENIED", dont interpret this as I want an answer (I still need to read the manual) I just had to say beasty f**king job you've done here chaps :)

your first action to be a mission maker is create a Zone!!!

as Normal user you have aces to the menu to cause you can set here the grass/viewdistance...

Yes. And OA of course.

im assuming i have to Unpbo the file and remove the references to the DLCs, but i cant seem to unpbo it, ive tried 3 different programs...

Amazing script/mission/mod! Please keep developing it as your work is MUCH APPRECIATED!

Quick question:

When I die I don't get a respawn, I just go into spectator. From there if I hit escape and respawn it respawns me at the West Respawn but then I immediately fall over dead again.

The spectator screen shows a countdown of 500 seconds or something, is there anyway to fix this? Or am I just missing something completely here?

I don't think I get what "revives" mean (chosen from the mission parameters at startup)

You think you could make ACE-Wounds optional in the parameters, as well?

Thanks again mate, fantastic work.

EDIT: It seems that I'm just unconscious. Is there a way to change the life-time of being unconscious or at least give an option to respawn instead of wait?

Edited by zuff

Hi there thank you for the great ability to create missions that easy!

But how do I get the sandbox on new maps? So you already have many maps where the sandbox works on, but I want a different map to work on that has no working Sandbox on it.

Thanks,

Jani

Suggestion

As a Mission Creater I want as much fun as the other players and therefore I need to be surprised in my own missions! - Your Spawn feature which now exist is very good so far.

But I wish some more buttons like these:

weak

medium

strong

heavy

These Options should declare a variation of spawned Units like weak spawns about 2-6 Enemy Units - medium would spawn about 7-14 Units strong would spawn about 15-25 Units and heavy would spawn about 26-35 Units + 1 light vehicle around the zone. These Units are may packed within little groups like patrol size or are singles.

This would give me no further clue about the enemy strength then for the other players.

Cause the Mission Briefing could tell:

Medium amount infantry units spotted in Chardarakht

So I will cast a zone with a medium enemy spawn and wouldn't really know how much there are. So I can lead the squad aswell as any other player.

(Our squad wont allow to be leader if created the mission - thats the deal because a creater knows kinda how much Units are around)

To make it more surprising you may could at larger variations like weak would also spawn unit amounts from 2 - 15 and there could be a % Chance to drop a light vehicle - which chance should be very small tho...

I would really love to see that - cause this would complete MCC in my view.

And maybe take away the FPS drop Problem ;)))

PS: I really would help u out if I could - but I'm not very into scripting anymore :S

im assuming i have to Unpbo the file and remove the references to the DLCs, but i cant seem to unpbo it, ive tried 3 different programs...

No, you don't need to. I don't have any of the DLCs and I could run the unmodified MCC just fine.

In any case, if you still want to modify it, cpbo seems to work just fine for me.

Amazing script/mission/mod! Please keep developing it as your work is MUCH APPRECIATED!

Quick question:

When I die I don't get a respawn, I just go into spectator. From there if I hit escape and respawn it respawns me at the West Respawn but then I immediately fall over dead again.

The spectator screen shows a countdown of 500 seconds or something, is there anyway to fix this? Or am I just missing something completely here?

I don't think I get what "revives" mean (chosen from the mission parameters at startup)

You think you could make ACE-Wounds optional in the parameters, as well?

Thanks again mate, fantastic work.

EDIT: It seems that I'm just unconscious. Is there a way to change the life-time of being unconscious or at least give an option to respawn instead of wait?

"Revives" means using ACE's poor man's revive system, which means that instead of dying you will always go unconscious with a timer letting other players/medics come and help you (using ACE injury system, aka bandage+morphine+epinephrine+medkit you). The "spectator while unconscious" option means you can watch the mission while waiting to be revived. Overall, both options aren't very realistic.

When you use the revive system, whatever scripts are involved seem to not be compatible with dealing with the player actually dying (since the only way to get killed is to hit the "respawn" button in the game menu), and when you do die the script goes glitchy. In any case this is an ACE issue and not an MCC issue, so if this bothers you you should report it to the ACE team instead.

Changing the revive timer is not possible in "official" MCC, however it's very easy to modify. In init.sqf find the line that says "ace_wounds_prevtime = ..." and either change the value there or make that value a description.ext parameter if you know how to (PM me if you want me to send you an example). Also, as a mission maker, you can place any object in 3d editor and in its init line type "ace_wounds_prevtime = 120; publicVariable 'ace_wounds_prevtime'; and hopefully it'll work (but you'll have to do it every time you make a mission).

Of course, IMO it's best to just leave ACE revive off for some more realistic play :)

@galzohar

Thank you so much! I'm going to cut down the "revive" time to 1 minute.

I found a few bugs, one I think that has already been reported:

1) When having the "ace_m1a1" and "ace_m1a1_tusk" selected to place in the 3d editor they appear damaged and set anything near them on fire. When they are finally placed they appear fine.

2) Deleting objects in the 3d editor does not remove them from the "safe" clipboard. Maybe have a script that echos the object's CBA_fnc_globalEvent (with exact placement coordinates and classname) and remove it from the clipboard function. At the least have the "Delete" function recorded so it can be ran again while building from a pasted safe.

3) Not sure if the LHD is working correctly. I can successfully teleport to it from the spawn point, but I cannot teleport back from the flagpole to the spawn. I also cannot teleport from the flagpole at the LHD to the "Sea Level" area, as I've seen done in videos.

And just a random question/suggestion:

4) I have a ammocrate filler script i usually run on a large ammo box that automatically refills itself every couple of minutes and would love to have the option to apply that script to an object placed in the 3d editor. I noticed you have some premade scripts (artillery, join player, etc) in the options and I was wondering if there's a way to add my own custom scripts to that list.

Thanks again.

I'm not getting the mssionmaker menu to come up in the action menu after the mission has initialised. Got latest versions of mission, CBA, ACE and RTE and am not running any other mods.

I start the mp mission, Wait for it the initialise, hit the mouse scroll but only get change weapon.

What am I doing wrong?

Bump! Im just not getting the mcc menu in the action menu when i play the missions

Well you've been busy, a lot to read. anyway I'll start replaying, if I'll forget someone just post again.

hey there shay, im one of the guys from sixbitunder, ...

we're putting sandbox missions together on a daily basis and you just made our lifes a whole lot more comfortable.

Tanks mate, a thank you and a tap on the back is the only fuel I need to keep on working. Of course you can always send me cookies. :j:

Hi Shay

Im trying your system for the first time as it looks very interesting. I depboed your fallujah mission. Is it set up for the new version 1.2 of the map. Your arty coordinates dont look correct and units are set off the map.

It's doesn't matter which version of the map it is or which map it is. I'll check it out for the off presets units but I have no idea which artillery coordinate you are talking about.

The last bugger is the FPS Drop as Mission Creater - which not seems solvable :D

So far - verrrry good work dude!!

MCC is build for dedicated servers. So all the scripts should run only on the server side. Of course there are some client side scripts, mostly the graphic UI. I already changed and did a lot to improve performance, mostly by changing waituntil loop to while sleep. I'm really clueless here so I'll just say "FPS drop is part of being a cool mission maker in MCC":) Now seriously I have a powerful computer and there isn't enough good diagnostic tools out there so if anyone have ideas share them with me.

What am I doing wrong?

Did you start the ACE Battlecenter or MCC sandbox in the mission selectingl? It's sound like you started BC. :butbut:

Nice, again a nice update.

It would be nice if you could select the respawn timer via a parameter.

Yes I'll add a timer parameter for next release. For now just go to menu 4 and type this in the Command Line:

ace_wounds_prevtime = 120; 

then press Broadcast so it will run on all clients.

Would it be possible to get the CAS script seperate from thw rest of the scripts?

Didnt see a CAS script with so much options before!

Nope sorry, not by me I just don't have time to make a separate UI for it, You can use Drapper tool it is awesome.

@Falke about your idea, we thought about it before it is a little more complicate on a generic tool like MCC that should work with every mod. One of my To Do thing is combining MCC with World At War Tool for a bit more randomness. I need time for it which I don't have much atm. I'll get to it someday.

I found a few bugs, one I think that has already been reported:

1) When having the "ace_m1a1" and "ace_m1a1_tusk" selected to place in the 3d editor they appear damaged and set anything near them on fire. When they are finally placed they appear fine.

Don't ask me why but tanks models collides with the terrain. It is something with ArmA 2 engine. The rest of the objectives can be put one on top of another. Just be careful with tanks. Nothing I can do.

2) Deleting objects in the 3d editor does not remove them from the "safe" clipboard. Maybe have a script that echos the object's CBA_fnc_globalEvent (with exact placement coordinates and classname) and remove it from the clipboard function. At the least have the "Delete" function recorded so it can be ran again while building from a pasted safe.

Known issue to much work to redo it as all of the spawn request are running on the server I didn't find any working method doing it.

3) Not sure if the LHD is working correctly. I can successfully teleport to it from the spawn point, but I cannot teleport back from the flagpole to the spawn. I also cannot teleport from the flagpole at the LHD to the "Sea Level" area, as I've seen done in videos.

That is the idea, I didn't wanted the player to teleport back and forth from the LHD inland. Once the mission maker told you "We are starting from the LHD it's a one way ticket". About the sea level, patience and careful aim addaction on a flag pole is a pain, aim to the base of the pole and use your arm's aim.

And just a random question/suggestion:

4) I have a ammocrate filler script i usually run on a large ammo box that automatically refills itself every couple of minutes and would love to have the option to apply that script to an object placed in the 3d editor. I noticed you have some premade scripts (artillery, join player, etc) in the options and I was wondering if there's a way to add my own custom scripts to that list.

Thanks again.

Not a problem, Unpbo, open init.sqm go to the presets. add you script param something like

[x,y,z] execVM "awsomeScript.sqf"

and put your script in MCC