Sign in to follow this  
bwph4273

W.I.P SR-71 Blackbird

looks good just a quick question did you get the permission to port it from the original author so u can release it. or is it just for your own personal use . because i think having more than one in game by different people is a good idea . that way if people don't like mine they might like your and vice versa. looks good keep up the good work.

Just I think my little convert does not deserve a separate topic.

Hijacking a guys WIP thread with a 10 minute conversion is hardly fair.

Anyone else find it ironic that the guy who made the smallest jet for ArmA is now making one of the biggest? :)

Oh, and I think the Blackbird has just as much right to exist in ArmA as the Buff, and other strategic assets. Keep it up! :)

Hijacking a guys WIP thread with a 10 minute conversion is hardly fair.

Thanks for looking out Gnat.:D i don't really mind as long as it is for a collective good but if its just trying to steal some attention well thats another mater.

@Trexian - i like to try and make the odd stuff that others don't .well at least planes .

Anyone else find it ironic that the guy who made the smallest jet for ArmA is now making one of the biggest? :)

Haha! I hadn't thought of that. :rofl:

Abs

I don't know who make this plane for FS2004, so I can't get permission for convert (http://www.fsdownload.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=554). So it is only WIP info, so far for my own personal use

But it is not "10 minutes", it's over 16 hours.

My opinion: if you can not do something well yourself, you can get it ready. No need to reinvent the wheel.

I'm not 3d-modeler or designer, but I understand something in the config and scripts. I just wanna fly in ARMA on all 'birds' of this World, and if You wanna too, You can download my converts (it's about ~30 planes and choppers without Wings of Russia), don't wanna - don't do that. That's all.

Don't you understand: it's only Game, just for fun. We are not engineers. We are not doing the world's discoveries. We just play.

I'm not paying money for ARMA planes, I do not ask money for my work. For me no matter my name in release notes. I just wanna play. What's a problem?

Edited by Mukcep

If you did the least amount of research before you 'converted' away, you'd have found the Habu you've used is indeed the Alphasim one for FS2004, reposted by that simgameit nubs on that site which is known not to be overly concerned when it comes to copyrighted material in their database.

It's this simple: If you can't get permission to use it, don't use it. If people wanted you to mess with their work, they'd post the source files. Which they didn't in this case.

Isn't it illegal to port models into Arma 2?

Not if you have permission from the person(s) who created it.

Abs

What's a problem?

- You ripped dozens of everyones (Footmunch, PRACS, Aushilfe, OFPMan, Vit, USEC etc etc) models from OFP and ArmA, ported them, then made them all available for download for all your countrymen

- You even wrote a tutorial for your countrymen about how to rip other peoples work.

- And to make matters worse most were HORRIBLE & UGLY ports, an insult to the original very respected makers.

..... thats the problem.

Walk away from this thread quietly.

I don't know who make this plane for FS2004, so I can't get permission for convert (http://www.fsdownload.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=554). So it is only WIP info, so far for my own personal use

But it is not "10 minutes", it's over 16 hours.

My opinion: if you can not do something well yourself, you can get it ready. No need to reinvent the wheel.

I'm not 3d-modeler or designer, but I understand something in the config and scripts. I just wanna fly in ARMA on all 'birds' of this World, and if You wanna too, You can download my converts (it's about ~30 planes and choppers without Wings of Russia), don't wanna - don't do that. That's all.

Don't you understand: it's only Game, just for fun. We are not engineers. We are not doing the world's discoveries. We just play.

I'm not paying money for ARMA planes, I do not ask money for my work. For me no matter my name in release notes. I just wanna play. What's a problem?

A little help for you:

§20) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

[...]

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Gnat;1827951']

- And to make matters worse most were HORRIBLE & UGLY ports' date=' an insult to the original very respected makers.[/quote']

I have always pointed out the authors

Your B-52 convert is very HORRIBLE & UGLY too. So what? Butthurt?

I'm just learning on these addons.

LOL .... Throwing shit at "my" B52 doesn't effect me, I know its ugly by ArmA2 standard ;)

I'm just learning on these addons

"Learning" has nothing to do with "distributing to everyone".

Yes, There's a difference between taking apart a mod to learn how its made, how its put together. So you can learn yourself. As theres no way of learning without having an example.

And, Taking someone elses work to use for yourself and give away crediting yourself as well.

I have always pointed out the authors

Your B-52 convert is very HORRIBLE & UGLY too. So what? Butthurt?

Others told you already and in return you bash them so I explain it to you again:

1) You are not, I repeat, you are not allowed to convert any model without the original authors permission. And it doesn't matter if the addon is from ArmA2, ArmA1, OFP, FS2004 or any other game.

If you can't find the original author, that's your problem then.

2) Hijacking a thread just to show up your ripped work is not welcome here.

3) Showing addons made for "personal use only" is pointless, and also not welcome here.

Learn what? There are ArmA1 sample models available from which you can learn much better. Except of course you want to learn how to rip models from other games and make them available in ArmA.

I will clean up this mess here anytime soon, and I hope for you that I don't see any more of your ripped and converted addons here.

Edited by W0lle

OK sorry i have not responded sooner I'm at a 2 week class for my work but will be back home soon to continue working on the sr-71. will have some more wip pics soon and when i release the addon i will start a new thread so all this doesn't carry over to the mods completed side (if ok with the moderators:D). just want to say thanks to Gnat, MaxPower,and W0lle.

The satisfaction of the author doing things that he wants to do, and likewise sharing it with people who have similar interests?

I think it would also make a great plot device in a mission- as a wreck, or even just parked.

I agree...Good Work on a pretty good looking model,and I look forward to using it in Arma2, despite what some say.

I agree...Good Work on a pretty good looking model,and I look forward to using it in Arma2, despite what some say.

I will find use for it as well. Thanks for working on it, looks great and can't wait to try it!

hey wanted to say Ive almost got the front cockpit ready for some screen shot. but i was thinking about the pilots for the plane . it would look funny with the bis pilots and i don't have the skill to make a pilot so if anyone would like to help with that it would be awesome .

hey wanted to say Ive almost got the front cockpit ready for some screen shot. but i was thinking about the pilots for the plane . it would look funny with the bis pilots and i don't have the skill to make a pilot so if anyone would like to help with that it would be awesome .

Yep, would be nice to have some pilots in those space suits. And they can be used not only for your plane too!