1. 1. Community Opinion on DLC suggestions

• USMC 2010
    • US Army Land Warrior
    • BIS PLA
    • Insurgent Faction
    • Nogovan Union Armed Forces
    • Russian Army 2010

Hi,

I agree with Vila: we need realism from BIS and we will create the fiction.

AK-107 was a good idea, but not for russian soldiers who still use the AK-74.

It's annoying to have to change all soldier weapons to create a realistic scenario.

It's the same with hardware (Ka-52, Su-34) they don't use in large quantities now.

Why we dont have a russian BMP-2 and ZSU-23-4 (other factions have it :mad:)?

REALISM is the reason why I play that BIS games since 2001.

The fiction, I can make it.

That's why I voted for a realistic russin DLC... :)

Thank you,

-Luc-

Hi,

It's annoying to have to change all soldier weapons to create a realistic scenario.

It's the same with hardware (Ka-52, Su-34) they don't use in large quantities now.

REALISM is the reason why I play that game since 2001.

Thank you,

-Luc-

ArmA kinda reminds me of X-Plane and FSX. The engine itself allows for realism, but the content that comes with it isn't necessarily the most realistic. This is especially true in X-Plane, but we are lucky here because it doesn't cost $40 USD for one stupid plane lol.

Hi,

About planes...

Did you ever saw that Su-34 (very nice plane) in any official mission? Me, never.

Su-24 would have been a better choice because more realistic and usable.

Again, I'm happy to have the Su-34, but I cant use it often.

Thank you,

-Luc-

Why not all options of poll brought a um new DLC? xD

Hi,

REALISM is the reason why I play that BIS games since 2001.

Thank you,

-Luc-

How is that not realistic though? ArmA is in 20/11-13 currently, the US has adopted SCAR's as the main infantry rifle (which is possible in RL), British units have adopted more modular use of the L85A2 allowing more personalization (ACOG's and ECLAN's instead of the standard SUSAT) as well as a different configuration for their Jackals and a helicopter which currently today is a prototype and would not be released in the near future (Wildcat).

Who says the Russians couldn't adopt the AK-107 or 108 by that time in real life? In fact, in real life they are looking into the possibility of using the AK-200 which is very much like a slightly more internally enhanced SOPMOD AK (http://www.gunblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/5-27-2010-8-44-17-AM.jpg). BI is just playing around with the future along with using creative design to come up with their own ideas on how things might/they would like them to be. I just don't see how that's not realistic to anyone. Keep in mind this is a video game, if you really want to see the real deal, go enlist.

I'd like to see an updated Voruzhonnije Síly Rossíyskoj Federátsii faction, possibly in the form of a patch, or a new Rénmín Jiěfàngjūn faction in the form of a DLC, a la BAF. Or, maybe even both factions bundled together in a DLC because the truth is, the OPFOR is heavily lacking as it stands right now. I'd like to see an updated USMC/USN (being biased to the naval side of ArmA) faction, but the OPFOR has priority for me at the moment. ;)

Who says the Russians couldn't adopt the AK-107 or 108 by that time in real life?

ArmA II takes place in autumn 2009. :rolleyes:

the US has adopted SCAR's as the main infantry rifle (which is possible in RL)

Uh, no. The U.S. military is not going to do away the M4 and M16 series of rifles anytime soon and even if they were, it would take much longer than a couple of years to outfit the entire military with a new standard battle rifle, it just isn't possible to do so in a short period of time at the moment, simply due to the logistical side of things.

ArmA kinda reminds me of X-Plane and FSX. The engine itself allows for realism, but the content that comes with it isn't necessarily the most realistic. This is especially true in X-Plane, but we are lucky here because it doesn't cost $40 USD for one stupid plane lol.

Nice analogy. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

i would prefer a fully fledged expansion updating the Russian and USMC factions and possibly adding the PLA for a three way cluster****

i would prefer a fully fledged expansion updating the Russian and USMC factions and possibly adding the PLA for a three way cluster****

The first two could be done in a patch. The third will be BAF x10. :D

Russian Army 2010???

Should be 2013 +

Guys remember this conflict will be set after takistan so the year would probably be around 2013 onwards.

Russia will have more Ka-52's, Su-34, Mi-28N's

All su-27,su-25's and mig-29 and will be SM/SMT standard

All Su-24M's must be SU-24M2 standard

Mi-24 will almost be replaced by mi-28's but any mi-24's remaining be of PN standards

BMP-2 (no way) it's gotta be minimum BMP-2E or M standard

A Sukhoi T-50/PAK FA as the USMC got an F-35 in ARMA2

AK-107 can stay but please have soldiers also equipped with AK-74M, RPK-74M, AK-105

Ye we want more modern russian army and not like poor russian army without any money :D

It like US army had only M1A1 instead of modern M1A2 Tusk

Russian Army 2010???

Should be 2013 +

Guys remember this conflict will be set after takistan so the year would probably be around 2013 onwards.

Russia will have more Ka-52's, Su-34, Mi-28N's

All su-27,su-25's and mig-29 and will be SM/SMT standard

All Su-24M's must be SU-24M2 standard

Mi-24 will almost be replaced by mi-28's but any mi-24's remaining be of PN standards

BMP-2 (no way) it's gotta be minimum BMP-2E or M standard

A Sukhoi T-50/PAK FA as the USMC got an F-35 in ARMA2

AK-107 can stay but please have soldiers also equipped with AK-74M, RPK-74M, AK-105

I like your ideas. This is what we need lol.

Hi,

How is that not realistic though? ArmA is in 20/11-13 currently [...]

In the editor, we can choose from 1990 to 2020 if I remember well... ;)

So we should have units from that time line.

Who says the Russians couldn't adopt the AK-107 or 108 by that time in real life? [...]

I'm not saying this thinks could not be in the game, but not as common weapon.

Keep it for SF units, I saw they use them, but in small quantities.

*** EDIT ***

For your pleasure:

http://gorod48.ru/play/?file=92694b6...&id=1293539659

Keep in mind this is a video game, if you really want to see the real deal, go enlist.

Since I played BIS games, and saw whats war, I wont enlist! :)

Ye we want more modern russian army and not like poor russian army without any money :D

Thats nice, I agree with you but...

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?145019-Russia-vs-Georgia-war-intensive-exclusive-pix(daily-updated)

That's the reality and that's ok like that! :)

Anyway, that's only my opinion...

-Luc-

Edited by -Luc-

I don't think that because we can choose the 1980s means we can have units from that time period. BIS made the units to represent the time period in the Armaversum that the campaign takes place.

Hi,

I don't think that because we can choose the 1980s means we can have units from that time period. BIS made the units to represent the time period in the Armaversum that the campaign takes place.

I know... thats only a exemple.

I should say: We can do everything we want in any period with that great game... ;)

Better?

Thank,

-Luc-

Thats nice, I agree with you but...

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?145019-Russia-vs-Georgia-war-intensive-exclusive-pix(daily-updated)

That's the reality and that's ok like that! :)

Anyway, that's only my opinion...

-Luc-

Russian forces in Georgia war was only quick forces to get there , so they grabbed quickly something and got to Georgia :p

If Russia will send full force - you will see old BMP1 there? i dont think so - fully heavy things like T-90M or T-95 :D

Edited by RobertHammer

Hi,

Russian forces in Georgia war was only quick forces to get there , so they grabbed quickly something and got to Georgia :p

If Russia will send full force - you will see old BMP1 there? i dont think so - fully heavy things like T-90M or T-95 :D

Maybe...

But they used mostly Soviet origin hardware and weapon in all wars in which they have been involved since the end of the Cold War (1st and 2nd chechen war, georgian war) and military excercices (VOSTOK 2010).

I heard they keep there best things around the major cities.

So they still relevant... They are a good basis.

After that, addon maker can do futur combat system and weapons...

Thank,

-Luc-

Edited by -Luc-

How is that not realistic though? ArmA is in 20/11-13 currently, the US has adopted SCAR's as the main infantry rifle (which is possible in RL), British units have adopted more modular use of the L85A2 allowing more personalization (ACOG's and ECLAN's instead of the standard SUSAT) as well as a different configuration for their Jackals and a helicopter which currently today is a prototype and would not be released in the near future (Wildcat).

you have forgott the f-35 not one fly in the army

and the xm8 riffles

and the tusk in arma locks like a standart main battle tank in real a handfull ..............

the blufor look like a little to pentagon propaganda suite ;)

same for all :D

why not mordern russian stuff ;)

Edited by JgBtl292

bmp2m.jpg

if people want to pay for it... hmmm maybe i will also make "dontations" account hehe

I want DLC that updates ARMA 2 USMC and RU to do all these. I wouldnt mind paying either, reskin the USMC + RU in desert. Give them FLIR and all OA things, give them a sprinkling of new stuff, such as an MH53 to take the piss out of Red River, and ill pay 10 quid for that shit.

[quote=vilas;1822724

if people want to pay for it... hmmm maybe i will also make "dontations" account hehe

I'll donate some texturing time to it:D

I want DLC that updates ARMA 2 USMC and RU to do all these. I wouldnt mind paying either, reskin the USMC + RU in desert. Give them FLIR and all OA things, give them a sprinkling of new stuff, such as an MH53 to take the piss out of Red River, and ill pay 10 quid for that shit.

I wouldn't pay for it. There's a mod by my follow clan member that does the FLIR and Zeroing to pretty much all ArmA 2/OA content. The reskins should have been given to Combined Operations users at release. The MH53 could be given to us for free or a community member could make it.