Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Mass Effect 3

Amen. A shot of her actual face would be even better. That was the biggest let down of ME2 for me.

Personally, I could live with that decision.

Was entirely to be expected after the weight put on this very act, but I think any and all revealing of a face would've been a sore disappointment. Regardless of how she looked.

This I would disagree with.

I was of the impression that the Reapers enjoyed burning the candle at both ends, i.e. attacking everywhere at once, then waiting and stamping out remnants here and there. I strongly doubt that all the Reapers went to Earth alone, especially since Sovereign partially regurgitates that famous line about blocking out the sun.

And that represents exactly the conflict between "background story insinuation" and "main plot simplification" I mentioned ealier. If you don't want to be disappointed beforehand, don't read the following quote straight out of the ME3 announcement press release:

"Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth."

:rolleyes: :( :mad:

Hmmm, we'll have to hope that's not taken too literally.

I agree with you in that having the Reapers concentrate solely on mankind would be no fun.

And yeah, my Shepard was forced into adultery as well... just couldn't turn 'em down. So far in the series he's had trouble getting it together with human females though. Poor devil.

Hmmm, we'll have to hope that's not taken too literally.

Thats a bit freaking dissapointing if it does end up that way.

ME2 was all about the Reapers destroying the whole galaxy, hence uniting all the different species to fight them. But if it turns into a "targeting the humans only" deal, then thats really poor writing and a big let down...

And yeah, my Shepard was forced into adultery as well... just couldn't turn 'em down. So far in the series he's had trouble getting it together with human females though. Poor devil.

Heh, I know how that one goes. Somehow, after getting so far with Ash, I ended up with Liara, god knows how that happened. Some conversation choices are not worded clearly enough for their outcomes... :j:

Earth as primary target? Well I can see why. Shepard killed two reapers, so they must believe that the humans are an uber race or something like that, and that they need to be taken out first.....

(Of course Im would prefer the "the whole galaxy is screwed solution")

Heh, I know how that one goes. Somehow, after getting so far with Ash, I ended up with Liara, god knows how that happened. Some conversation choices are not worded clearly enough for their outcomes... :j:

The best bit was the absolutely filthy look on my dudes face when he started down the "...why do I have to choose?" path.

"What if you, and me... and her...?" :P

Earth as primary target? Well I can see why. Shepard killed two reapers, so they must believe that the humans are an uber race or something like that, and that they need to be taken out first.....

(Of course Im would prefer the "the whole galaxy is screwed solution")

The fact that they invade by the thousands indicates they expect to be facing opposition capable of inflicting quite a few losses. Why on Earth (pun intended) would the most highly evolved lifeform in the galaxy subsequently decide to get bogged down in an all-out attack on one of the smaller military entities amongst the council races? Just because Shepard managed to take out 1 and a half Reaper with more than a fair bit of luck?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the press release was indeed simplistic for the sake of not having to delve into the game's back story too much. It would be a shame not to see how noble all these races remain amongst each other in the face of total annihilation :cylon:

In the future Humans are still egocentric.

Joy!

the one thing i hate about the mass effect series is how every level is just a Box with a bunch of crates stacked up in a corner they really need to put more effort into their level design.

ME1 had a cool level where you're driving the Mako around in a foot of water that was refreshing everything else gets way to repetitive I was extremely disappointed I thought this area was going to get more development time in ME2

also ill skip on the PC version this time around ME2 on PC was utter garbage.

Those were not walkers mate , they were the reapers .

That is like saying "bakery cake" in response to me saying "cake". They are walkers, Reapers or not, it is irrelevant. My hatred of walkers grows every time they are included in any sci-fi universe, they are just unimaginative and scream "creatively lazy" to me. I mean, if the Reapers can land on earth then surely they could wipe out humanity with biological weaponry instead. Being able to turn into a walker is a poor design feature for something that can fly around spraying a human-killing virus.

Still, the ME story may explain why Earth is under attack yet, there may be an explanation as to why it is happening in ME3 that we, obviously, can't see yet.

also ill skip on the PC version this time around ME2 on PC was utter garbage.

What was wrong with it? I didn't notice any problems.

What was wrong with it? I didn't notice any problems.

input was consolized couldnt use mouse wheel small things like that, and they didnt implement 360 controller usage so I had to be hunched over while playing the game.

ill just get the console version PC is too irritating.

The Reapers are probably going for Earth because the Humans are responsible for stopping their invasion in ME1 and then screwing up the creation of a new Reaper in ME2 thus drawing their attention. Alternatively the attack on Earth could be a way to get Shepherd involved as they seem a bit fixated on getting hold of him.

I'm really looking forward to ME3, ME1 was just a fantastic game on every level. Sure the actual design of the missions could have done with some work but the story was told very well. ME2 didn't seem that good to start with but picked up after a while... I might have to play through the whole thing again so I can bone the dirty bird on the engineering deck.

Had nastalgia So i put mass effect 1 back into my Xbox for a night

somethings that are still prevelant in ME2 and wish are fixed in ME3

Lame level design consisting of block layouts and furnished with generic looking shipping crates, along with usually poor use of lighting and environmental effects.

Facial animation for me is good although could be drastically improved seeing the LA noire tech demo, sometimes the characters in ME universe seem too soulless especially NPC's in cities it really breaks the immersion.

Squad AI, need i say more they're still horrendously dumb I got to micro manage there every move it seems.

Lack of good Animated skyboxes and backdrops, ME1 I feel was much better in this field, the backdrop on Illium was just poor, I was expecting much more when I that first video with the flying cars.

Vehicles, more vehicles more exploration, this is a space RPG game right? Why does 90% of the game take place in cubicals filled with shipping crates?? :o

and Bioware if you're going to make a PC version you could at least give us some better textures, the textures on clothing and armor in this game is astrocious, nothing worse than getting a nice close up of some blurry paint splats. graphically I can say i thought me1 was better

Vehicles, more vehicles more exploration, this is a space RPG game right? Why does 90% of the game take place in cubicals filled with shipping crates?? :o

It is an interactive story first. Harvesting materials from planets and driving around a stupid looking armoured lander were the worst activitys in both the first two games. Bioware should focus on the story, the interactions and fine tuning what they have.

I have to say, playing through the first two again has opened my eyes to the holes and flaws in the story that I would usually not care about. One of the worst parts about the story is how you can compare some key parts to key parts in The Matrix but without the overly worked-in deeper messages and some of the more interesting ideas.

I thought ME2 looked great, then i watched some actual gameplay... and couldnt stop laughing.

I thought ME2 looked great, then i watched some actual gameplay... and couldnt stop laughing.

Why?

(grr, the message you entered is too short... right, this will solve it :D)

I hope they make bigger places to explore.I enjoyed ME2 but c'mon Omega was a huge bar and a few corridors and that was considered an hub world.:eek:

When I saw Nos Astra I wanted so much to explore a lot more but what the fuck,it was the same a bar and a few rooms with shops.

ME1 had fewer locations as hub worlds but the Citadel was very interesting to explore.Even Kotor 1 had more interesting and bigger places to explore(and I'm not even an SW fan).I think Maanan was larger than all the ME1&2 locations combined.

I truly hope this time we actually get to do some exploration in this fantastic ME universe and more diversity in sec quests.Not the type of diversity like in ME2:kill the salarian mercs,kill the human mercs oh how about kill the krogan mercs.

Although I'm afraid we will get a corridor shooter with stats as the rpg part.

Another thing I'm worried is how will they make the Reapers part.It will be the most pathetic thing ever if we find a "switch" to turn them off.:Oo:

I'm actually dissapointed with Bioware,since they've been aquired by EA their quality went down.

Anyone else planning on buying this game? I've been playing the demo in MP and it's a blast! (When you can find a game where the host doesn't ragequit after dying.)

Mass Effect is already great for the story, but it looks like the online factor is going to add a lot to the game this time. If anyone wants to get together for some friendly coops (now with the demo and later with the full game) let me know.

Edited by MadDogX
some clarifications

Anyone else planning on buying this game?

Yeah. But, I'll be waiting for a sale or for it to at least drop a little in price (plus that would give the opportunity to play the game after it's been patched a couple times). Only downside is that, I could be waiting a while since I only see the game available on origin.

It's also on g2play.net for 39€. Played a bit of MP and it was quite enjoyable, also played ME1 and ME2, so i won't miss on ME3 ;)

I'm gonna wait and see how big the hubs part and exploration is,if they are like in ME2 where Omega was a friggin bar and two shops I'll pass it(ahhh I miss Manaan).

I'm sure I can find crapload of other GoW cover shooters.After I got screwed so bad with DA2 I'm gonna be very suspicious of other Bioware stuff.Sadly the demo was made only to attract the shooting crowd.

And that leads me to believe that the whole game will be "made for the shooting crowd". I might get it if it doesn´t require Origin

Well, I still have the save files from both predecessors so I guess this is a must as well..

However.. I tried so hard scoring with Samara in ME2 that it made my nuts ache.... damn. No score.

I want a harem mod in #3!

Hah, I've got 3 profiles from ME1 and 2 ready to go. I'm a big fan o' the series, so regardless of the dodginess it'll be nice to get closure.

Well, I still have the save files from both predecessors so I guess this is a must as well..

However.. I tried so hard scoring with Samara in ME2 that it made my nuts ache.... damn. No score.

I want a harem mod in #3!

Don't worry,under EAs "great vision" Bioware will add romance options for reapers,salarians,rachni maybe even volus if you're feeling kinky.

I went classic way in ME1 with G.I. Jane aka Ashley and Miranda in ME2,no alien sex on my ship.:p

Btw check this

Watch from 0:48 and especially 2:15 for some funny shit.

y0EWIsXYzpI

Here's some full HD multiplayer gameplay footage from last night. :)