Sign in to follow this  
Coffeecat

Coffeecat's Single Player Missions

Mountain Warriors Version 1.3

Updated 01/12/11

This package contains a ACE2 optimized Version, where ACE2 is required & the updated Standart Version, where no Addons are required.

I recommend Jarheads JRS Soundmod for every version!

Download:

Armaholic:Mirror: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12805

hey guys, since there arent many missions out there, in which you are the "Takiban", i thought i create one. Should be bugfree and fun to play! This is also my first mission released.

Facts: You play in a Takistani Militia group which is attacking the US Outpost in Jalivur. Your not the squadleader so just enjoy to be lead by your Teamleader. Working Tasks, Taskhints and a small Intro. Hope you enjoy the mission! Feedback appreciated!:)

hjiodvlh5t2.jpg

Changelog of V 1.3

-Optimized for ACE2

-Added 2x PKM magazines for standart loadout

-Simple First Aid Module now working correctly

-Added Takiban Reinforcments on Motorcycles

-Added enemy A-10 strafing Runs for US Army

-Adjusted some Wp´s and behavior

-Fixed Problem where AI is stuck on Waypoint

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Operation Skybreaker 1.0

Download:

Armaholic Mirror: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14327

s4fzy92ey2jh.jpg

Just finished my secound mission, which is a flight mission since those a more rare i think. Nothing big, but i hope you enjoy it;-).

Feedback is appreciated, let me know if you think the difficulty should be adjustet or if you have suggestions!

Facts: You are Pilot of a AV8 Bomber which is assigned to take out russian and ChdkZ AA Forces to prepare the Coastline for Operation Havest Red on Chernarus.

Flightskills are required, specially landingskills;-)

Edited by Coffeecat

Not bad for begining! Very nice intro too... Thanks...

Hey mate I thought you could use some feedback so here it is;

First off let me say it was a great mission lots of fun (thats what counts!) and I love playing as OPFOR, so thats always a plus ;) here is a run down of what I thought were pros and Suggestions;

Pros;

- Nice intro

- All triggers and objectives work properly

- Good length (great for a quick takiban fix now and again)

- Great mission location (rushing down that hill with tracers skimming overhead felt awesome)

Suggestions;

- Would have been nice to see a weapon selection in the briefing for some extra re playability)

- I ran out of satchels/IED's and needed to use grenades to blow up the fuel depot so maybe some explosive's crates stashed around in case the player runs dry.

- The fuel depot was completely empty with no US troops whatsoever, which felt a little too easy.

- Mission did not check it self off as complete once I completed it.

In case you were wondering I used the Zues AI mod and it played fine also it took me 32min to complete but prob would have taken around 25 if I didn't run out of satchels and had to go snooping around for some explosives.

Hope this helps mate and thanks for the hard work !! ;)

More like this, please. Very entertaining, technically sound mission.

The PKm was a good choice for starting weapon as it allowed us a nice long-range firefight like we see in Afghanistan combat videos, only from the other side. The AI team leader made effective progress down the slope with minimal casualties and arrived at the valley floor to mop us. For a while we were all suppressed in a hollow getting killed by M203s, which was awesome.

Perhaps an extra mag or two would be nice. It will be expended by the time we get to ground level anyways.

And I played with Zeus AI, so the defenders ran all over the place rather than stay put in the base. This made them dangerous, but also easy to kill, and I don't know how the mission plays with normal AI.

I had two soldiers defending the fuel depot. I'd recommend putting an extra satchel nearby in case the first doesn't do the job. I destroyed the truck and the tank but the objective did not complete. Also, I don't think the first aid tent works, but this may be ACE's fault.

The IED ambush was great fun, and the team leader continued to be efficient right up to exfil with the three survivors.

I see great potential for missions like this, and would love to see one where the full might of the U.S. military is brought to bear on the player. Try sniping at the enemy in the green zone while Apaches are roaring overhead and the Americans are calling down mortars on your head. Then you will be Taliban worth your salt, not to mention a skilled mission maker.

Thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed it so far!

I will add some of your suggestions and i plan to make the mission longer [maybe with more tasks and more difficult]. Today i should get my new gtx460 finally, so il start right away:)

@Vicarious

Do you mean the mission didnt end, or the checkbox was not enabled in the scenario screen?

Well done!

Went Flawlessly for me even with Zeus.

Never saw the need for any IED's or Satchel before Fuel Dump.

One well placed satchel, ie. in the middle of the Fuel Drums,

did the trick for me every time out.

Loved it even on replays.

Salut!

Thanks for your feedback, glad you enjoyed it so far!

I will add some of your suggestions and i plan to make the mission longer [maybe with more tasks and more difficult]. Today i should get my new gtx460 finally, so il start right away:)

@Vicarious

Do you mean the mission didnt end, or the checkbox was not enabled in the scenario screen?

Nice, straightforward and well paced. I survived with 2 others but one got stuck trying to get healed at the hospital, for the final objective to work (escape with the ural) i had to go there and execute him.

I found a typo with the last task "Esacpe with the ural" wich is not a ural btw.

Fun mission, thanks.

Great job!

Very refreshing setting, from the other side, and then, more importantly, I wasn't commanding but merely following orders. I wish more missions put the burden of command onto an AI officer. I don't mind it when teammates are getting killed when someone else is in command, but I hate losing men than I am commanding myself :).

The starting position was good, good weapon choice, a few more enemies might have been good. The AI commander did a good job and only lost one man during the rush downhill. I guess there were guys guarding the fuel depot, I suppose they came to the rescue from our left when we were going down the mountain.

An couple of extra US squads have been nice, maybe stationed at the farm where we set up the ambush, and running to the rescue at the first shots fired. The remote farm is good imho because it is far and the guys would engage when the main defense force is destroyed.

Thanks for the mission.

PS: minor suggestions:

1. The part with the kamikaze driving is a bit too long. 5 secs should be enough.

2. Same with the exfiltration. Unless someone is supposed to attack us in the Ural, the missions should end with a fade out when I get inside, like the official BAF/PMC missions. Not need for the player to watch the awkward driver try 4 times to make a U-turn, then drive, etc.

Nice work I loved your mission alot. Keep creating more missions and I will play them :D

Really enjoyed it mate keep it up brough out another aspect of the game for me, wish you luck in future missions.

That intro was a good touch for me. Because im a new in making those intros (im still learning to do this...), i need a little help... Can you send me over here your mission opened for mission editor? I want to see that intro.sqs, and how you make that... I supose that your intro can be that hard, cos' i want to make something similar... "Fallin letters" on the begining is also a nice thing, so i need that command too... Thanks bro!

Very nice mission!

Some bugs ("destroy fuel depot" task didn't check as complete) and a typo ("escape"), but I loved the ambush part: I waited on the other side of the road, and after some gunfire between my team and US forces I opened fire on US soldiers that thought to be behind cover. Cross-fire, really deadly.

Very well planned AI behaviour: not a single delay, and we all managed to stay alive. Played at "veteran".

Thanks for all your feedback! I appreciated it.

Version 1.1 will be out soon!:)

Edited by Coffeecat

Great Coffeecat I like that kind of missions and I will recommend it to friends :)

thanks, good mission.

Only suggestion is that made the end trigger when player gets into ural at the end, rather than squad, as the mission didnt end, even though i did all missions. There was a wounded squad mate stuck far away, im guessing because he didnt get to the ural, the mission didnt end.

Also, what would be cool, if we had much less in the way of weapons etc, so just one ied, which you have to make count and be effective.

I hope you make more missions, i look forward to them!

Version updated to 1.1. See first page!

Edited by Coffeecat

The first version was great. I was eager to please Allah by killing more Infidel Dogs in 1.1, but it doesn't work for me. When I start the mission, after the intro (seen fully or skipped), it does back into the mission selection menu with the message: "No Player was selected".

sorry did some changes and uploaded the wrong version, repacked and reupped;)

Pls get this on Armaholic.

No Fileserve service in my part of the world.:butbut:

Armaholic update may take a while, i uploaded it on RS allready.

This new version is even more enjoyable than the first. A few small remarks if I may:

1. Having an AH-64 attack the base we've just "liberated", while I am frantically looking for a Stinger, is a bit harsh. We lost 3 guys to small arms fire and only I and the leader escaped, the rest were martyred by the chopper.

2. The base had like 3-4 M240 gunners, great for replenishing my ammo. But then not a single machinegunner until the escape marker? An extra "ammo corpse" would have put my mind at ease.

3. I blew up the tank in the reinforcement column. Blew up a wheel from each of the humvees. The crew bailed out and got killed. But then I could not enter any of these cars? Is locking the humvee and swallowing the key part of the US Army emergency vehicle evac drill? ;)

Just some minor nitpicking, the mission is great as it is.

Thanks! Well i wanted to keep it a bit realistic and im pretty sure Apaches would be in rather fast in such a situation. I mostly take the scoped AK with me, the UZI in secoundary slot and the golden AK in my backpack, never got ammo problems;-) About the HMV´s, nah not the drill hehe, but same with the tank, players could abuse them to easy.

BTW if your team got good timing on the base they dont get many casualties since the first 5 minutes of the attack are scripted;-)Only after that the chopper attacks on his own. I did this because the choppers crash very often in terrains like this actually.

Edited by Coffeecat

I don't think a US chopper would start spraying rockets all over a US base 5 minutes after someone started an attack on it. Even if communications got cut nobody knows if there are still survivors resisting, wounded or POWs. We are not talking about a country whose main doctrine is human wave attacks, every survivor counts here.

Concerning cars, one of the best features introduced by OFP is the usable cars. Every car you see is potentially usable. This adds a lot to realism. When a setting in a mission specifically forbids it, to me it kills realism as if I was playing some lowly CoD or BFBC2. Besides, these cars are part of the convoy I am supposed to ambush, in order to finish this task I must kill every soldier, and in order to do that I need to at least blow up their tyres. So there is no way I can "exploit" them, if by exploiting one can mean to find an alternate way to kill the other guy.

well yea, you might be right with the apache...il just quote you again "its minor nitpicking" and important is that the gameplay is fun and its not too unrealistic, which i think it isnt;)