Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.56 - Patch released

is ex=3 stock value for dual core now?

I believe it is from what i have read in BIS forums so far

ArmA 2 can use up to 31 cores in theory, but experiments have shown that with most scenes the gain above 4 cores is small and above 8 cores unmeasurable.

The explanation is Amdahl's law - only parts of the application is using all cores. See Real Virtuality Going Multicore blog.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

In build 76122 and newer the default for dualcores will be changed to -exThreads=3 based on user feedback.

We have also changed the cpu core detection, therefore depending on how many logical cpus are present, default -cpuCount values will be as follows:

1 1

6 6

7 7

8 4

9 4

10 5

11 5

12 6

13 6

14 7

Some day hopefully we will find a time to provide a proper HT detection, but until then I think the above provides quite reasonable default settings.

Version 1.55-1.56 Changelog

Data

* Add: more camo (replaceable textures) selection for OA vehicles.

Are they included in game or it's just an ability to make own textures and change it via config section?

Are they included in game or it's just an ability to make own textures and change it via config section?

I was playing round with the OA CH47 and discovered its got three hidden selections now built into the model (it may have had these before but I never tried).

So as you suggest you can now make a config entry like the one below for a new CH47 eg.

class CfgVehicles
{	
class CH_47F_EP1;
class AAW_CH47 : CH_47F_EP1
{	
	displayName="AAW CH47F ";
	faction = AAW_AIR;
	hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2","camo3"};
};
};

Add some textures to your addon folder (named camo1.paa, camo2.paa and camo3.paa) and create your pbo. Start-up the game and then select your CH47 (and name it in the editor if you're using the init.sqf method below).

In your init.sqf (or better still using extendedEHs in your custom config.cpp)

//init.sqf
ch47 setObjectTexture [0,"\aawAir_s70_t\camo1.paa"];
ch47 setObjectTexture [1,"\aawAir_s70_t\camo3.paa"];

For the CH47 the hidden selections are:

camo1 - the front body exterior

camo2 - the side decals

camo3 - the rear body exterior

Voila! - no more hex editing required

hiddenSelect.jpg

Note This is only an example your path names to the textures will depend on the structure of your addon!

Edited by norrin

Thanks for explaination. BTW, are there any ready for use new textures in patch?

I think its a missunderstanding.

As far as i can see BIS only allowed this feature on the other OA stuff while before only a few vehicle were able to have textures changed that way.

So going back to ex=1 or 0 (i don't know which stock value it had on 1.54) is no problem i guess? Because file and tex is a bit too much for my hardware. And on 1.54 it was much better,smooth, stable,no fps drops, there i used stock value.

I think i understood it right and you fixed the texture popping with the patch itself and not with exThreads=3 , 'cause on the older builds it was working fine without the additional parameter..

I can't afford a new rig at the moment,even if i'd love to do that. All i can say, performance was much better for me, and afaik a patch should improve and increase performance(and plz guys, don't tell me i have slow computer if you own ultra sick high end stuff, i am poor and it was running great before they did whatever)

i still got some fps drops, and the only thing that changed for me is the thread handling..

I hope that ex=3 isn't necessary or a requirement to prevent the texture popping..that would be really bad..

EDIT:

If i don't use exThreads=3 , i have texture popping, so i HAVE to do it? oh well...

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Rock-bouncing is fixed and some US soldiers have been given the new Asian face in this patch :icon_eek: .

Are there really only three Asian faces in the update? I can find 'Wong' 'Henry' and 'Lee' but that's it?

Wong and Lee look more or less identical anyway?

Rock-bouncing is fixed and some US soldiers have been given the new Asian face in this patch :icon_eek: .

Yes but with "lite" you get low resolution asian faces mixed with normal ones on the US soldiers.. not cool imo.

It should be possible to disable the DLC's in the expantions menu or something..

i agree. You can make everything 1 or 2 px, just don't touch the payed for content..

Just kidding. The LoD issues aren't fixed in the slightest.

When my framerates get low enough, not only villages but vehicles disappear. I watch the crew of a tank hovering in invisible chairs. Planes emerge from the aether 400m away. And sometimes the game doesn't even bother to draw AI infantry!

Also, the Ka-60's main rotor can't seem to be disabled by even 7.62mm rounds, whereas just one in the tail rotor hub will knock it out completely.

not always something You think is bug ... is really bug :cool:

Ka-60pmcvehicle-ka137s.jpgarma2pmc-small-logo.png

The Ka-60 "Kasatka" is a transport and utility helicopter primarily developed for the Russian Air Force. It had its maiden flight on December 24th 1998.

The helicopter was intended to replace the Mi-8 and can be used for reconnaissance, transporting a full squad with combat gear and special operations amongst uses.

Specific improvements over its counterparts are performance, reliability and better aerodynamic configuration of the airframe.

Critical parts have been tested to survive piercing by 7.62mm and 12.7mm munitions. The main rotor blades can even withstand 23mm projectile hits.

so i played the first warfare match on cherna after OA was released. all i can say its not playable for me anymore. Also i still wonder why the PP effect is only visible on "normal", in vanilla arma it was totally different.

As i said , the exThreads=3 is killing my game for some reason. i really can't understand why OA and the new patch decreased my performance so much.

i think i have to go back to editor and enjoy 10 Ai and one Tank on Utes :icon_dj:

think what you want about this post, i know how fluid and smooth it was in the past, this only shows, how desperate i am right now.

when i see my arma-launcher shortcut, i could start crying immediately...

What is the size of the patch exactly

This determines when I will do the download.

-

so i played the first warfare match on cherna after OA was released. all i can say its not playable for me anymore. Also i still wonder why the PP effect is only visible on "normal", in vanilla arma it was totally different.

As i said , the exThreads=3 is killing my game for some reason. i really can't understand why OA and the new patch decreased my performance so much.

if you have weak dualcore then newly default -exThread=3 will kill Your performance

try use -exThreads=1 or 0

not always something You think is bug ... is really bug :cool:

Ka-60pmcvehicle-ka137s.jpgarma2pmc-small-logo.png

The Ka-60 "Kasatka" is a transport and utility helicopter primarily developed for the Russian Air Force. It had its maiden flight on December 24th 1998.

The helicopter was intended to replace the Mi-8 and can be used for reconnaissance, transporting a full squad with combat gear and special operations amongst uses.

Specific improvements over its counterparts are performance, reliability and better aerodynamic configuration of the airframe.

Critical parts have been tested to survive piercing by 7.62mm and 12.7mm munitions. The main rotor blades can even withstand 23mm projectile hits.[/]

The civil version named Ka-62... ;)

The Ka-60 may be used in other capacities when provided with special equipment and weapons. A civilian version, designated Ka-62, is being developed on the basis of the Ka-60 helicopter.

Source: http://warfare.ru/?lang=&catid=260&linkid=1633

Other thing: Why some GAZ (LADA) are named UAZ in the editor?

Thank you,

-Luc-

Thanks BI! I had problems with 1.55, but after 1.56 ALL IS FORGIVEN! Keep up the good works! You guys rock.

why does the readme state - "NOTE: This patch will also update your ARMA 2 1.05 to 1.07 and ARMA 2 BAF 1.00 to 1.02 if necessary."

What's with the 1.07 ?! Shouldn't that be 1.08 ??

-OP

if you have weak dualcore then newly default -exThread=3 will kill Your performance

try use -exThreads=1 or 0

I tried 0 or 1 yesterday with one of W0lle's Classics on Takistan. I was a bit confused so i don't know which value it was. But after some minutes in the mission, textures were popping again. I try again today.

But my question was , did you fix that texture popping with the patch, or with making exThreads=3 the default value to prevent textures from popping?

i visit this forum frequently, and when i remember right, i only saw that people said, ex=3 fixed the tex flipping for them. Then suma said, that 3 is going to be the default value from now on. so the patch itself did not fix this problem? because earlier the problem did not exist.

i really think about buying new hardware, because i only play this game. It is very important for me to know this..

i see that many people are really satisfied with the patch, i think that's because of their hardware.i assume i have one of the worst computers in here..

thx

@Fruity Rudy

Have u defragged your ARMA2 directory since patch install?

And i don't mean the whole drive with windows defrag program, just the ARMA2 directory with a free defragger like Gamebooster etc

Edited by vasmkd

After installing patch 1.56 and the full PMC DLC, why does this message keep popping up everytime I load a mission, sometimes even prohibits me from playing missions:

script ca\modules_pmc\functions\Campaign\fn_initIdentity.sqf not found

Frustrated!

After installing patch 1.56 and the full PMC DLC, why does this message keep popping up everytime I load a mission, sometimes even prohibits me from playing missions:

script ca\modules_pmc\functions\Campaign\fn_initIdentity.sqf not found

Frustrated!

Your CBA is out of date, update it to make that error go away.