Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

PlaymakerStudios: 75th Rangers

i can post up over 100 pics of rangers using RANGER GREEN (not OD green, completely different colour...) and maybe 10 or so suspect rangers (suspect as they may not be actual rangers but just imbeded with them). end of the day majority or rangers where what they are issued, in terms of vests anyway... and not to be rude but the friend of a friend who is deltzors and knows all thing does'nt go very far imho :P

anyway best of luck, but if you want to do actual rangers (as opossed to a addon that just looks "cool") then use what you can see in 90% of ref pics, and thats rangers green. anyway enough from me, best of luck.

personnel do buy there own shit just too look badass

Regular Army units - yes, SF - maybe, they're buying gear but not to look badass, Rangers - same reason as SF - efficiency...

They're already looking badass without non-issued gear.

Only people who buy own (expensive usually) gear to look badass are either some no-ball infantryman or either "obsessive" airsofters/reenactors (that includes me).

And same as Rhodesy and you I don't want to argue...

Guys ok I get it, I'm not going to keep coming back and saying this and that you have your opinion and we have ours, if we want the point to be 100% sure then we will find an active serving ranger and ask.

LuLz, the thread is starting alot of arguments about the ciras :)

We have 2 units, that you would most likely kill for to get. So these rangers in ciras is just a small part of our addon. It's not about the CIRAS guys. Well it's abit about them too but I believe that when you see the other stuff we have made the TAN/Ranger green stuff don't matter that much.

The dudes in one of the first pictures are using some other vest then ciras. Probably PACA Low vis. With a harness over it.

;1799991']I can probably talk to one Ranger' date=' but that doesn't depends on me rly... I'll try my best.

And this you may found useful if you haven't already:

[url']http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?130118-US.-Army-75th.-Ranger-Regiment-thread[/url].

The terrain is green grass and jungle so I believe the vest is used in that environment and blends perfectly just like the tan would work great with the desert environment, either way these are the units like them or not you do not need to download them.

Yay, exactly - PACA Low Vis in CB (not tan) and RLCS Chest Rig or one of that new issued PCs over it.

The terrain is green grass and jungle so I believe the vest is used in that environment and blends perfectly just like the tan would work great with the desert environment, either way these are the units like them or not you do not need to download them.

Look at the last pages - there are LOADS of pics with Rangers wearing Multicam and Ranger Green vests... I read that whole thread the other day and I found maybe like ~15 pics with other vests - and these was suspicious Rangers like Rhodesy called them.

I mean - we're trying help you, to create pretty belivable addon, not another SFish unit called Rangers just for sake of being. You may take our advices, you may not, it's all up to you - but then - don't call it Rangers ffs ;]

Cheers

Max255

PS: Don't take me wrong though, I didn't intend to insult or something.

Edited by Max255[PL]

;1799991']I can probably talk to one Ranger' date=' but that doesn't depends on me rly... I'll try my best.

And this you may found useful if you haven't already:

[url']http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?130118-US.-Army-75th.-Ranger-Regiment-thread[/url].

I talked to a good friend that just got back from Afghanistan and he said that he usually wears Ranger green, but it ultimately comes down to personal preference and a few guys do have an extra tan carrier.

I say make what you guys want, but in the end it should take no time at all to recolor it if need be.

well my photoshop doesn't like the paa. plugin very much and takes a good 5-10 mins to save it so if we get the time we may make ACU style rangers with the green CIRAS, not to sure about changing the multicam units to have green CIRAS vest as I quite like the tan one, but we shall explore.

Would be quicker if you just save the texture as .png and then convert it to .paa with TexView2. Takes some 20sec? ;P

I usually also save em as .png, then open them in texview and save as .paa. The photoshop plugin usually messes up the texture too. Creating white dots here and there.

Enough with the vest. We get the communitys message about it.

We will do something about it.... or we wont. That is to be decided.

Other suggestions are fine.

I usually also save em as .png, then open them in texview and save as .paa. The photoshop plugin usually messes up the texture too. Creating white dots here and there.

Enough with the vest. We get the communitys message about it.

We will do something about it.... or we wont. That is to be decided.

Other suggestions are fine.

People seem to be really picky, but who cares they aren't making them, so make what you think looks good. I really like the current look of them.

As far as other suggestions go, personally I would ditch the chem lights and zipcuffs, not really something you actually see often if at all.

i'd like to see these finished. but please, make them unique. not just a retexture of johnny's sf's from arma1...

We will try to make them as unique as possible.

And as mentioned before, This addon will not be all about the units shown on the first page.

And the units do blend in pretty well in chernarus.

Hi there Nixo & OscarMike, is there any chance for one or two rangers with some form of drop-leg thigh holster such as a Nylon and/or Safariland 6004 SLS holster (with pistol model proxies)?

Two images below show holsters being used. Albeit the first one appears to be from a MILES training exercise.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa88/Alex_Atak/75th%20Ranger%20Regiment/mkiiiff1.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2m5e6pf.jpg

Thank you very much for any consideration you give to this.

Do you intend to add some american flags (patches) on their helmets ?

Thanks

Edited by Papanowel

Some units will have flag patches.

A small teaser.

arma2oa2010120117480026.th.jpg

It does not say much. But that's what teasers are for.

Progress.

The new collar is modeled on.

arma2oa2010120820145165.th.jpg

arma2oa2010120820143953.th.jpg

arma2oa2010120820143463.th.jpg

Top notch stuff there Nixo.

Looks nice and original + they now look like Rangers.

:thumbs-up:

Love it just the way they are! A little snakeskin paint on the helmet would make em even better, but they are badass as is!

Love it just the way they are! A little snakeskin paint on the helmet would make em even better, but they are badass as is!

Just wait and see. That's just the grenadier.