Sign in to follow this  
columdrum

Revive script for ACE2 Wounding system [V1.5]

New bugfix release 1.9.3. Changelog:

*Fixed respawn buttons not shown after first respawn if spectator was enabled.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?7sber3f1b5r7yk7

As always the older config files are compatible :)

Edit: forgot to mention, but thx for the feedback, we usually always use the same settings, so this kind of bugs are hard to find ;)

Edited by columdrum

thanks columdrum, I'll give this a shot right now!

edit: everything 'seems' to be in working order, I'll report back if I run into any issues.

Edited by mons00n

Edit: forgot to mention, but thx for the feedback, we usually always use the same settings, so this kind of bugs are hard to find ;)

Nice! Can't believe how fast that got fixed... you rock columdrum! From the looks of it (mons00n's post) everything should be good to go. I'll test it out (when I'm back in town) and report back if I find any more bugs. Thanks man, I'm excited to have this properly implemented in my tiny little co-op mission. Cheers! :yay:

I'm getting an issue with the spectator aspect after you hit respawn while bleeding out or wait to bleed out. I don't think it happens when you run out of lives but what happens is the spectator script initializes(it says so in the chat) but it doesnt work instead your view gets locked onto whatever unit the spectator script chooses and stays there, the spectator bars etc and the ability to select a unit is completely gone as if the script stopped working. I tried to set up something so it kicks back in if this happens but it didn't seem to help either. I know Tab hides it but this wasn't the issue - respawning while dead didn't work either it was very strange.

i know what you mean, it happens when you respawn just when the spectator its starting. Its a "bug" on the spectator script and i cannot fix it( or at least i think its not possible, would investigate anyways). As i said the respawn button on the "esc menu" should never be used, and if used, never do in the midle of an action(passing out, starting spectator,....), wait some seconds before hit it, that its why the respawn button its not recomended, most scripts doesnt spect it to be hit on the midle of the execution and can bug everything.

I dont understand why would yo need to hit it... just show the respawn button sooner if you want to allow fast respawn. I am working on a new option to show the respawn buttons on different timers, for example you will be able to show 1 button just when you die, next past 40 seconds and another past 60.... that would make the game respawn button useless, because the only use that i can think to use it its to force first respawn point if you dont wait for the respawn buttons.

i know what you mean, it happens when you respawn just when the spectator its starting. Its a "bug" on the spectator script and i cannot fix it( or at least i think its not possible, would investigate anyways). As i said the respawn button on the "esc menu" should never be used, and if used, never do in the midle of an action(passing out, starting spectator,....), wait some seconds before hit it, that its why the respawn button its not recomended, most scripts doesnt spect it to be hit on the midle of the execution and can bug everything.

I dont understand why would yo need to hit it... just show the respawn button sooner if you want to allow fast respawn. I am working on a new option to show the respawn buttons on different timers, for example you will be able to show 1 button just when you die, next past 40 seconds and another past 60.... that would make the game respawn button useless, because the only use that i can think to use it its to force first respawn point if you dont wait for the respawn buttons.

Oh no I don't mean like that I mean like, I have the Lifetime counter going and I'm unconcious/half-dead and instead of waiting it out because I know I'm not going to get revived I hit respawn to kill myself and it respawns me at boot_hill as per usual but the spectator script breaks. This is with the respawns turned off by the way, just lives and revives.

New bugfix release 1.9.4. Changelog:

+Added a new config option, enabled by default, that adds extra time if you are near medical vehicles/facilities. That should make medevacs easier if made on a medical vehicle ;)

*Fixed, you should no longer get stuck on spectator under any circustances.

*Some other minor fixes and optimizations.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z7eijkjz57nj17c

Oh no I don't mean like that I mean like, I have the Lifetime counter going and I'm unconcious/half-dead and instead of waiting it out because I know I'm not going to get revived I hit respawn to kill myself and it respawns me at boot_hill as per usual but the spectator script breaks. This is with the respawns turned off by the way, just lives and revives.

Should be fixed on lastest version

Edit: ops, corrected download link

Edited by columdrum

New bugfix release 1.9.4. Changelog:

+Added a new config option, enabled by default, that adds extra time if you are near medical vehicles/facilities. That should make medevacs easier if made on a medical vehicle ;)

*Fixed, you should no longer get stuck on spectator under any circustances.

*Some other minor fixes and optimizations.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z7eijkjz57nj17c

Should be fixed on lastest version

Edit: ops, corrected download link

Cool! glad to hear it, will try it out when I play next time and hopefully it'll be fixed. It's strange that it never happened to me until like maybe the 4th or 5th latest release

New bugfix release 1.9.5 Changelog:

*Fixed some remaining spectator issues

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?1w5o8wssop4xpcl

The last release didn't include all the fixes, sorry, this is just a minor release that fixes some spectator issues , last minute changes are never good ;). Also add that this is the last release before 2.0 that its going to be the final version of the revive, at least until arma3 or if any major bug comes out.

Cool! glad to hear it, will try it out when I play next time and hopefully it'll be fixed. It's strange that it never happened to me until like maybe the 4th or 5th latest release

Yeah i think on 1.8 and some previous versions included a spectator workaround that i removed from 1.8.x and above thinking that it was fixed, but seems that it wasnt the case. New version includes a similiar workarround so it should be fixed ;)

Edited by columdrum

Hi there,

Can you please tell me how I can set up the following (I've tried and failed many times). I want this to happen:

1. When player is killed, they are able to be revived for 2 minutes (120 seconds).

2. When they bleed out and die fully after the revive time is up (after 120 seconds), they respawn at marker "respawn_guerrila" in the player base. Player units are side INDEPENDENT.

3. Players can be knocked down and revived an infinite number of times.

4. Players can die and respawn an infinite number of times.

I have done the following:

1. Revive script is initialized through my init.sqf script.

2. There is a "boot_hill" marker, along with a "respawn_guerrila" marker. I have also placed "respawn1_GUER", "respawn2_GUER", "respawn3_GUER" and "respawn4_GUER" in the same point as "respawn_guerrila" to be thorough.

3. I have modified configuration options, but please let me know what options need to be affected. I am confused by this file.

Thanks!

Ian

Hi there,

Can you please tell me how I can set up the following (I've tried and failed many times). I want this to happen:

1. When player is killed, they are able to be revived for 2 minutes (120 seconds).

2. When they bleed out and die fully after the revive time is up (after 120 seconds), they respawn at marker "respawn_guerrila" in the player base. Player units are side INDEPENDENT.

3. Players can be knocked down and revived an infinite number of times.

4. Players can die and respawn an infinite number of times.

I have done the following:

1. Revive script is initialized through my init.sqf script.

2. There is a "boot_hill" marker, along with a "respawn_guerrila" marker. I have also placed "respawn1_GUER", "respawn2_GUER", "respawn3_GUER" and "respawn4_GUER" in the same point as "respawn_guerrila" to be thorough.

3. I have modified configuration options, but please let me know what options need to be affected. I am confused by this file.

Thanks!

Ian

Place a marker called respawn_marker where you want the respawn point and use this settings(note, yellow = comments ¬¬):

//infinite lifes
Colum_revive_Conf_Lifes= 1000;
//120 uncons time
ace_wounds_prevtime = 120;
//enable respawn
Colum_revive_Respawn=true;
//not really needed because its not shown
Colum_revive_RespawnButton_text = ["respawn"];
//name of the marker
Colum_revive_RespawnMarkers= ["respawn_marker"];
//200 seconds to show the respawn buttons, so they will never be shown
ace_sys_spectator_RevShowButtonTime = 200;

Note, players would be able to exploit(instant respawn) the timer by using game respawn(esc menu) button, so you may want to penalize that by enabling:

Colum_revive_RespawnButtonPunish=true;

But that would make the one that uses the respawn button out of the game forever ;) so warn the players about that if you enable that setting. Also note that the infinite settings its still not finished so under some circustances the lifes may start to go down( not really important due that its almost imposible to use 1000 lifes :P)

Edited by columdrum

Brilliant! I'll implement it tonight and let you know the results.

Thanks so much!

Quick question: when you say "exploit" the timer, does that mean that if they hit Esc -> Respawn, they die and are respawned? Or do they come back into the game?

I'm not necessarily against players skipping the bleed out time by hitting Respawn if they just respawn at the side base.

-Ian

Edited by Colosseum

Brilliant! I'll implement it tonight and let you know the results.

Thanks so much!

Quick question: when you say "exploit" the timer, does that mean that if they hit Esc -> Respawn, they die and are respawned? Or do they come back into the game?

I'm not necessarily against players skipping the bleed out time by hitting Respawn if they just respawn at the side base.

-Ian

They would respawn in the first spawn point you defined, that should be the base( or where you put "respawn_marker" marker), but without waiting the timer. So if you dont mind that, leave Colum_revive_RespawnButtonPunish=false;.

Edited by columdrum

Hi dude,

thanks for your amazing script.

I have a little question, me and my team playing only in pvp would to use the medevac with 1 Helo medevac by side, but in fact, when a guy call a medevac, this is the nearest who coming...and by example if a US are more near at RU helo than US helo, this is the RU helo who coming, not cool haha :)

Have you got the solution for fixed that ? Sorry for my bad english :(

LOL totally true, in PvP we always use human pilots so we never had that issue. I will release a update soon fixing that :P

Hi

We have been using your nice script for quite some time now and there have been no problems. I have one question that may not be directly connected with your script but one that you may be able to answer as you know a lot more about the topic than I do.

A medic carries most of the medical equipment in his ruck. When he gets shot, the ruck becomes "locked" so its contents become inaccessible to other players. Which means that if epi can only be found in the medic's ruck and there are none in the secondary weapon magazine slots, there is no way to revive the medic.

I guess you use the ACE wounding system quite a lot so how do you get around this? The only thing I that can think of as a solution is to always put at least one epi in the secondary weapon magazine slots if you play as a medic.

Thank you

Hi

We have been using your nice script for quite some time now and there have been no problems. I have one question that may not be directly connected with your script but one that you may be able to answer as you know a lot more about the topic than I do.

A medic carries most of the medical equipment in his ruck. When he gets shot, the ruck becomes "locked" so its contents become inaccessible to other players. Which means that if epi can only be found in the medic's ruck and there are none in the secondary weapon magazine slots, there is no way to revive the medic.

I guess you use the ACE wounding system quite a lot so how do you get around this? The only thing I that can think of as a solution is to always put at least one epi in the secondary weapon magazine slots if you play as a medic.

Thank you

We usually play with the "only medics can use morphine and ephi" module, so if your medic its down you are f** unless you call a medevac and return to base(normally we have an AI medic there).

Allowing access to the ruck/gear of unconcious units would need workarounds i dont want to add( because future ACE updates may broke them), so you may just post that suggestion on the ACE tracker, they may implement it for you :), seems a good suggestion since can be useful not only for this issue but also for a lot of other situations(btw are you sure about that? have you tried the ACE interaction key -->acces ruck option? i don't know if unconscious players really need to accept).

On other news, i im trying to release a final version of the script(meaning that from that point i will only release bugfix releases if any bug comes out) next week but i can't give an exact date yet. So if you have any suggestions about something that can be improved it may be your last chance :P

Just having an issue with Medivac , it come out no problem hovers , i throw green smoke but it never lands , however i can jump in as it is low but how can i get it to go back to base , as i get no options ?

Thanks

When you are in the helo you should get an option on your mouse wheel menu to return to base.

And the helo if doesnt see the green smoke( you should throw it BEFORE he arrives) it considers a hot extraction point and just hovers like 1m above ground, but you should be able to get in. If it sees the smoke, it will completelly land there.

Btw i m still thinking on releasing a final version, it just that i never get in the mood to end it :)

Hello

I'm wondering what the requirements for reviving someone is, how do you do it?

because I can jab someone with something like 10 epi's and he wont wake up until I administer a few bandages and morphine.

I can understand that you might have to bandage the wounds so he don't fall back into an unconscious state, but should morphine really be necessary?

(if I remember correct, only epi was required before)

This might not have anything to do with your mod, but maybe you know the exact requirements for reviving?

also, is there a way to end the mission if all players are waiting for revive? I have it set up so that you die if the timer run out and with no respawn.

cheers!

For some reason i am not getting the Respawn Buttons , i have double checked the Markers are on the map but still no Respawn , then if i respawn using the ESC i spawn to 0,0,0 which looks like the marker does not exist ?

It looks like the screen flashes after 10 sec but no buttons come up, have you any idea why or how to fix this?

EDit:- OK worked it out if i set

ace_sys_wounds_withSpect = false;

I do not get the Respawn buttons anymore ? I did before I used the latest version!

Edited by psvialli

Hello

I'm wondering what the requirements for reviving someone is, how do you do it?

because I can jab someone with something like 10 epi's and he wont wake up until I administer a few bandages and morphine.

I can understand that you might have to bandage the wounds so he don't fall back into an unconscious state, but should morphine really be necessary?

(if I remember correct, only epi was required before)

This might not have anything to do with your mod, but maybe you know the exact requirements for reviving?

also, is there a way to end the mission if all players are waiting for revive? I have it set up so that you die if the timer run out and with no respawn.

cheers!

Normally it's said that the epi and morphine will be rinse out if the wounds are not "sealed" by the bandages/compresses. So I never tried, but perhaps it's enough to only apply bandages? Problem might be that your "patient" will run away after applying the epi and still has pain.

Normally it's said that the epi and morphine will be rinse out if the wounds are not "sealed" by the bandages/compresses. So I never tried, but perhaps it's enough to only apply bandages? Problem might be that your "patient" will run away after applying the epi and still has pain.

I have tried only bandage, only epi, and a bunch of different combos, but only after all have been applied does it work. and sometimes you need more of some item.

this it when the target is "dead" and only held alive by this script.