Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[CAMP/OA] Operation Mighty Justice

I dont have the lag Problems but I also encountered this Problem that nobody want to engage the BMP in the second mission. I was lucky that I picked up a RPG-18 in upper Jaza and kept it until then. Since I use Zeus_AI the fight towards the Airport was really really hard. The other Team were nearly wiped out, my Armored Support was completely destroyed. At "Step left" the same Thing happened, when we attacked the last Town one of the supporting squads only had two men left, the other had 4. Really tight atmosphere :rthumb:

I tried this first mission again and noticed that when most of my teammates (side west) are around me, the game freezes for 1-2 seconds every 5-10 seconds. I imagine others may run into this too.

I had the same problem. I figured it was just a matter of inefficient hardware; didn't know others were having this too!

Aside from that, pretty fun campaign so far. I've had just a few stupid issues with AI but I think it's a general patch problem, not with your campaign specifically.

I just played "One more turn" and it was a really hard mision. When I captured the second town i only had 2 guys left in my squad. There was no chance of continuing the mission with a downsized squad like this. Maybe you should add some reinforcements to refill the players Squad before attacking the Concentration camp

Great Campaign Bardosy,very immersive.

Just finished "STEP LEFT"-Mission.We took control over Chak-Chak,no more enemies around,but the mission would not end!

I checked almost every house in Chak-Chak,but couldn't find any more enemies!

Oh yes I have the latest patch...

Then I remembered the two Takistani Soldiers near the Radar, who surrendered-standing there with their hands behind their heads.

Well,these guys must be the ones I was looking for in order to end this mission!?

I must admit,I had problems shooting them.

It's only a game-but still...

I am not using using any mods,only CBA.

Like I said,very immersive! :)

I had the same problem.. Even though its a game, I didn't like the idea of taking out a couple of floppies who had surrendered.. must be because of the many times I've had the rules of engagement drummed into me.. lol!

@Snake, Trooper: You're right, it's not nice to kill anybody who surrender.

I thought I solved this already, but maybe not. I'll check it and fix it.

But - this is the end of this mission - feel free to use endmission cheat to go on, right now.

@Tonci: "one more turn" is not so hard without that Zeus MOD. ;) If I add more support, it will be unbalanced for players who don't use any mod. Are you agreed?

Yes I agree, tried it again with ZEUS and really took care of my Armour, this time the Bradleys survived and everything went fine witout big losses

@ Bardosy: I don't think You have to do anything about this "surrender-stuff",because it's from the new implemented scripts in the latest patch!

I haven't notice this kind of Ai-behaviour before.

Another new thing I saw in my Test-missions was that some soldiers used stationary stuff on their own!

Again: I am not sure about this...and I do not say it's implemented now!

@ Bardosy: I don't think You have to do anything about this "surrender-stuff",because it's from the new implemented scripts in the latest patch!

I haven't notice this kind of Ai-behaviour before.

Another new thing I saw in my Test-missions was that some soldiers used stationary stuff on their own!

Again: I am not sure about this...and I do not say it's implemented now!

In that mission "Step Left" I implemented MONSADA's patrol script. This script caused mass surrender - probably at the end of my missions, because all enemy units are in this script and when the 95% of them is killed, they drop the weapon. In a few missions this is a great and realistic feature, but not in all, so sometimes I remove it. But I'm always aware for this, because in the first mission I found that bug - what you mentioned - because my trigger was "enemy not present" and, of course it never triggered if surrendered units are in the area. So I changed it for a little complicated trigger what count the live and not captive enemy units in the area... And it works.

Probably I forgot this in the Step Left mission, but I'm not sure. I'll check it soon.

Really want to try this one -- I get some warnings about missing items... I have no mods installed. In the first mission the Bradley's never follow nor do the other squads -- I got to the airport, flew to the end point of the mission and still no end... maybe I am missing something?

Thanks!

took my camera from chernarus (chesty puller) to takistan (op mighty justice) and again great screenshots in great landscape ;)

great campaign, really, and even well playable performance wise with fancy settings on my out-fashioned rig

no troubles, no bugs, so far so good, but -> maybe it's late, I am tired or dunno what but I don't get this atm:

I'm stuck in "Tank Valley", have my squad and myself equipped with javelins and try to blow up those bastards of tanks, but they seem to be unbreakable ... maybe wrong tactic, have to be more patient ? ... very demanding, this mission ... I like it:) may be someone has a tactical hint for me ?

Edited by langgis08

@victor1966: in the airport, did you enter the second hangar? (it was an order to check it)

@langgis08: Sorry, I'm sure you are an expert of ArmA2, but maybe you also missed the manual of new Javelin in OA, as I missed too. So, not as in base ArmA2, in OA you have to lock the target with the Javelin. Well, it's not enought to target it and see the squar and fire, but when you target (and see the squar) you hear an annoying beeps, then wait and when beep is over, target is locked and you can fire. But(!!!) is the beeps are over because of lost visibility (tank enter a cover of a house, tree) you have to target it again. You can see in the interface when Javelin is locked. If Jav is locked, the rocket will destroy every tank in ArmA2 for sure (100%).

I must say, the campaign finishes with very well written plot. The last mission seems to last forever.... And the ending was funny as heck. Will play through another round once I am free to do so.

Hoping the story will continue and pick up with more intense stuffs.

Hi, I am running Combined Ops with latest patch (1.55/1.08). This campaign looks really promising so I wanted to give it a go. I run it without any mods.

The game freezes in the first mission ("Night" something?), after we exit the APC at the very beginning, but before any contact. I get a Just-In-Time Visual Studio debugger thingy. Arma is still up, but frozen, and I have to kill it with the Task Manager.

Is this supposed to run with OA only?

Thanks for any input

-OP

Edited by Old_Painless

Is this supposed to run with OA only?

Thanks for any input

-OP

Nope. I design and test this campaign with CO. And it worked for me.

Did you try it again and freeze again?

OK, thanks Bardosy.

It froze a couple of times after each other, where I restarted CO. Did not try to restart the PC in between though. Better try that first.

Do you know, by any chance, if a freeze leaves behind some diagnostic file, like the dump-files or a rpt?

Cheers,

-OP

then wait and when beep is over, target is locked and you can fire

thx for hint, my problem was I didn't wait, meaning I pulled trigger while beeping ...

Ok, this time I progressed quite a bit further into the first mission. Cleared the first hamlet.

Then this Just-in-time debug thingy came up again. I have found out that it is not a rare problem if you have Visual Studio installed. I have disabled the debugger and hope to finish the first mission without freezes. So very likely nothing to do with the mission.

Really cool operation by the way; I had this guy in my IR-sights and was about to pull the trigger, when a large flash hit him, turned out it was fire from some of the armored support vehicles.

-OP

Some guys are using ZEUS_Ai-Mod, so I thought I'll give it a try too.

Mission:Morning Langdon was very sad! ;)

The problem was that my Squad didn't follow orders!

In dangerous situations, where I wanted them to follow and pull back, they just attacked further and did not even take cover.

I tried it several times and used different tactics, but no can do - they had their own mind.

The problem was that my Squad didn't follow orders!

In dangerous situations, where I wanted them to follow and pull back, they just attacked further and did not even take cover.

I tried it several times and used different tactics, but no can do - they had their own mind.

It was what one betatester found. He didn't use any MOD, but their men didn't follow him exactly the same time as you (when pull back started). I checked that moment, but there is no any action by me - and I cannot caused this same bug - so I thought it's a BIS AI problem on hill. When I first heard the OA will be played in mountains, I was doubt how the AI will act in sloops. Unfortunately in the first playtest my doubt was proofed: in the official Coltain Blues mission, my men act like stupid on the slope.

Anyway, my advice is to restart this mission: where you are is just the begining of this mission, so you will not loose too much with a restart. Sorry.

If you men don´t follow you any more, order them back in formation. If your guy then says "all follow 2" for example instead of "return to formation" press backspace and choose answer. After that hit 1

This was for sure the best usermade campaign ever.

Great story,great language,but for missing voices on storyboard tellers i just give it a 9/10.

;)

That was really fun.Thank you.

Looking forward to a similar air vehicle campaign.