Sign in to follow this  
ray243

Vehicle animations

You know, it would be great if BI decides to add in vehicle animations, like in VBS2, where you can open the doors, move the crane and etc. Would be a nice little feature.

Yeah that's something I've always wanted to see. Wouldn't even have to be much different then the way it is now except instead of the screen going black you see the door open and yourself sitting down/mounting onto a weapon. That and when you are using vehicle mounted weapons your character moves them himself instead of mind control! haha

Although I prefer it the way it is now then how it is done in DR for example. There doors open and close but you still spawn in a vehicle. If this is done it should be all the way. Anims for soldier as well as vehicle anims.

just give the static weapons on vehicles animations its silly they reload magically.

i wont hold my breath for fully modeled doors/hatches animations

just give the static weapons on vehicles animations its silly they reload magically.

i wont hold my breath for fully modeled doors/hatches animations

Yes, and they should hold the weapon instead of standing like a statue while the weapon pivots.

This game engine needs more inverse kinematics and animations.

yeah, it need new reloading animation, magazine moving animation, door open/close like in VBS, completely new editor functions and then it will be game of the year or best game of the world :). I hate that I cannot put silencer or put off from weapon and no ragdoll animation (it's modern, but too new for this old engine!)

next missing animation:

start running / sprinting anim

stop running / sprinting anim

reloading anim

open/close door anim

wheel rotating anim

if you turning left or right in bicyle, the hands standing in the same position

very low count of dead anims (newer engines not need dead anims, because of ragdoll)

I think Bohemia Interactive should add in the hands following the wheel when it turns first.

yes I love this animation to see in ARMA!

Edited by danny96

I think Bohemia Interactive should add in the hands following the wheel when it turns first.

Just out of curiosity, is there any game that has this animated realistically? (besides I guess F1 and other latest dedicated car driving simulators)

very low count of dead anims (newer engines not need dead anims, because of ragdoll)

And a lot of those games' death sequences look more funny than realistic because of only ragdoll (Half Life 2), hence newer titles (see later CoD installments) use mix of scripted anims and ragdoll.

Yes, and they should hold the weapon instead of standing like a statue while the weapon pivots.

I think it would need active cargo (idle) animations, and would positively need some active cargo feature, would be nice but as I heard it's really hard to implement it.

I hate that I cannot put silencer or put off from weapon

What would be the meaning of such a feature? To have some tacticool animations like in R6 Vegas?

reloading anim

There is reload animation since OFP. Although I admit it doesn't look as cool as MW2's fast-reload drill on the FAL.

There is reload animation since OFP. Although I admit it doesn't look as cool as MW2's fast-reload drill on the FAL.

I suppose he meant reloading a vehicle mounted MG, but reload animations per weapon archetype (assault rifle, mg, pump shotgun, top loading rifle...) would be a welcome addition too.

I would say the chopper gunner animation situation is the most dire. That and the hand signals that well your appendages to eleven times their natural size.

Saw some magnificent chopper gunnery animation a long while ago. Just briefly checked youtube but couldn't find it. Not sure what happened to it, was it ever released? Would sure love to have that in, indeed.

Saw some magnificent chopper gunnery animation a long while ago. Just briefly checked youtube but couldn't find it. Not sure what happened to it, was it ever released? Would sure love to have that in, indeed.

Hi, i'd seen something like that for a UH-60s pack released back in the day for the ArmA1, i don't remember the addon name or addon maker's name... but i think that's possible that the UH-60s pack still be available on Armedassault.info; there was a youtube video with the release showing the corrected anims too. Let's C ya

Hi, i'd seen something like that for a UH-60s pack released back in the day for the ArmA1, i don't remember the addon name or addon maker's name... but i think that's possible that the UH-60s pack still be available on Armedassault.info; there was a youtube video with the release showing the corrected anims too. Let's C ya

This:

73nRw6YcH1w

Thats one thing that the BF2 engine does well, and RV lacks: animations.

You can´t see them in 1st person, just watch others players doing it. Manning all types of weapons (statics, mounted and infantry weapons), reloadings animations (just check PR ones, amazing).

But as said, wouldn´t hold my breath on that. Maybe in GAEA? Don´t think so either...

That's the one! Ahh, MH-60 and Arma1, not UH-60 and Arma2 - no wonder I didn't find it :p

Combine those gunnery animations with the upcoming M134 ... Omg, I think I just .... oh never mind :D

Yeah, BF2 probably has anims. How's the gameplay? ;) Can't win'em all :)

I know you can't compare these games, but look at this game.

The vehicle animations are really nice, something that I would expect from Steel Beasts Pro.

Of course it is more of a small scale MOUT/field fighting tactical shooter with the addition of tank gameplay.

But I hope to see something like this in the next couple of years.

5lYtQHyClAQ

Yeah, BF2 probably has anims. How's the gameplay? ;) Can't win'em all :)

I said:

Thats one thing that the BF2 engine does well

Now i fix it:

Thats THE ONE thing that the BF2 engine does well. This and partially the squads systems.

:yay:

I know you can't compare these games, but look at this game.

The vehicle animations are really nice, something that I would expect from Steel Beasts Pro.

Of course it is more of a small scale MOUT/field fighting tactical shooter with the addition of tank gameplay.

But I hope to see something like this in the next couple of years.

Sure, that would be nice. But after reading that, 1 tank RO:HoS = 12+ Tanks in RO (in terms of hours of work) and the game will be released with 2 tanks only. (later in a free DLC +2 tanks and 2 light vehicles).

If they made an "vehicle animation" DLC where the only thing included was fixed vehicle animations for $10-$20 do you think people would buy it? Depending on what all you could do, I don't know about you but I sure as hell would.

animations are what helps increase immersion. Interiors are great but they are just half of the coin, if you want the best experience you need an interactable interior IE your character moves things, moves around and you can watch as they open the hatches or doors even if it's a sudden quick 'pop' equal to the time it takes to 'pop' out of your vehicle right now.

Leaning and raising a bit in your seat would also be amazing for anything, lean into your window a bit, lean in to view better through a tank periscope rather than the magical zoom and of course it would be every pilots wet dream. Who knows..maybe with the release of the next engine years down the road if it comes with Arma3 or the next expansion.

Hell if they came out with an expansion that focused entirerly on animations, reloading, vehicles and so on and it cost the same price as the game even then I would be sorely tempted to buy it because you can't replace an experience like that.

Edited by NodUnit

No I wouldn't, because I don't support DLCs in any way, shape, or form (maaaaaybe unless it is something I reeeaaaalllyy need and can't live without). It's professionalizing (?) what we do, and I just happen to be against it (same as payware did to flight simulation).

Besides, I really don't think it can or should be done as a DLC. A mission maker using certain animation event handlers could get in trouble if they were different or timing was different. I use them, although not for these kinds of anims, but others might. Being part of a normal patch related to a DLC release, sure, at least it is the same for everyone after that fact.

There is nothing magical about that "zoom". Enhanced peripheral vision or more accurate FOV with undisturbed perspective? Now we can choose, and it's impossible to satisfy both needs without zoom.

Just out of curiosity, is there any game that has this animated realistically? (besides I guess F1 and other latest dedicated car driving simulators)

All the Battlefield's and racing games AND Call of Duty MW2. And Source engine based games (Left 4 Dead, Half life 2)

Edited by Cookieeater