Sign in to follow this  
tom_

Battleye, just a big fail destroying gameplay?

Battleye just kicks normal legit players from servers randomly, because they get the message "BattlEye Initialization Failed"

I played on many servers where Battleye is on and there are still hackers detroying the gameplay, it doesnt really prevent hackers or cheaters...

So I make the Conclusion Battleye is just a big fail destroying the gameplay!

I also installed Arma2 on a fresh new system and couldn't join servers, because of Battleye...

I had to install first these files as mentioned in this post...

Bohemia please do something against this Battleye it's just a big bag of hurt!

I wouldn't say it's solely responsible, it just gives server admins the tools to do it instead, one such example being ping kicking, which I had hoped and prayed would never rear it's ugly head in BIS' games. :(

On the server I always play ping kicking is disabled, I have a constant 25 ping there, still Battleye very often kicks players randomly including me :(

If you're playing on a Win7 or Vista system, you need to start Arma2 with admin privileges, otherwise BE fails to initialize and you get kicked off.

Also, BE doesn't protect against content hacks. That's what sig checking is for. Some servers don't use both.

All I know is that from Arma1 to Arma2 to OA, OA has had the least amount of hackers out of the lot. So something is being done right, which I am very grateful for.

I think that's more to do with them becoming bored and moving on to the next game. At least that's the pattern they've exhibited all the way from way back in OFP.

Also, BE doesn't protect against content hacks. That's what sig checking is for. Some servers don't use both.

I'm afraid TOP doesn't know enough to appreciate the difference. The game is designed to be modded like few others and BE's RCon is the only thing that's keeping control of the servers in the server-op's hands when they bypass the signature checks built into the core game by BIS.

Battleye just kicks normal legit players from servers randomly, because they get the message "BattlEye Initialization Failed"

[...]

I also installed Arma2 on a fresh new system and couldn't join servers, because of Battleye...

I had to install first these files as mentioned in this post

First of all, those are not random kicks. They only happen when a player who doesn't have BE installed joins a BE-enabled server. Other kicks like "Client not responding" are mostly caused by game crashes, which are not so rare in ArmA 2 (see the troubleshooting forum for example).

Other than that, you are right, I also regret that the 1.07 full patch doesn't include BE. It wasn't my fault though, so sorry for that. I will remind BIS again to include it in the next patch.

On the server I play mostly, (HGs Chernarus life Server) nearly everyone who plays there have BE installed, they still get kicked in the game randomly, they get the message "BattlEye Initialization Failed" don't know why but it happens often also to me, it's a complex RP mod Server so you can imagine it's not fun when you played one hour made a lot of cash and then you get kicked and lose everything.

Oh and I play as an Admin in win7 ultimate.

Edited by tom_

BE kicks players which got a disconnect or ctd after a few seconds to prevent rejoining ppl to wait till their first char is disconnected.

Those kicks has nothing to do with BE. BE just checks the players and if someone is not connected to BE anymore (ctd/disconnect) will get kicked because initialisation failed.

BE just cleans up the server after ppl crashed, if you not logged in as Admin then you get a message which tells you to log in as admin.

I want to add something. (Arma2)

1. Arma2 dedicated server is unstable. Losing connection JUST once a day is a big succees.

2. BattlEye does not work, but kicks often for no reason.

3. The Game is just a swarm of hackers, not a single day on HGs server without some serious hacks. Today third time already, I got impatient.

4... And yes... the game seems to be dead... looks like almost everyone moved to OA.

Is it just my gut feeling or Bis' products are getting worse and worse?

Now I am afraid to buy OA, dont want to waste money... ;s

I want to add something. (Arma2)

1. Arma2 dedicated server is unstable. Losing connection JUST once a day is a big succees.

2. BattlEye does not work, but kicks often for no reason.

3. The Game is just a swarm of hackers, not a single day on HGs server without some serious hacks. Today third time already, I got impatient.

4... And yes... the game seems to be dead... looks like almost everyone moved to OA.

Is it just my gut feeling or Bis' products are getting worse and worse?

Now I am afraid to buy OA, dont want to waste money... ;s

1. i never have that problem when playing on lowping servers.

2. it works. there is always a reason when BE kicks.

if you connect to a server where you dont have the mission and the mission is big and you fail to download the mission in a sertan timeframe. be will kick you. it would not be a problem if we can define somwhere else to download the mission instead of the game server. and its already in wip. look at dwardens post. there are also many other reasons be kicks.

no admin right etc etc.

3. they are expoiting the ingame scripting commands. not really much BE can do about that since the problem is with bis.

4. yeah. we move on. from ofp -> arma1 -> arma2 -> arma2OA.

Well in my opinion its getting better and better. a game at this scale doesnt come bugfree.

Edited by nuxil

It may sound funny but I've just experienced the impossible.

Few hours of pure gameplay on [HGs] ChernLife.

No hackers. No Cheats. No lagg. Nothing.

Just when I was about to leave my Arma2 crashed... :P

Well then. I guess you're right, it depends on the server rather than arma2 itself.

[EDIT]

3 Hours of TDM multiplayer and no problems at all.

What's more, it made me think that Arma2 is actually awesome, especially when 30 players are on the server.

You feel like in a good movie but everything is dynamic.

Awesome.

(I was Top1) :P

Edited by Vultar