Hello Günter,

thx for the hole new stuff in A2WarMod v1.4, i´m playing the hole night and can´t, and won´t stop :D!

I´m so excited for the CoWarMod

Thx a lot for your work to the community!!

Best regards

McLupo

Hey guys thanks for the comments and replies.

When I release COWarMod it will have its own thread like A2WarMod here.

For now the only thing Im doing for A2WarMod is seeing how I can fix the config for the loading screen,

so that it does not disable a players ability to load a saved game.

Any other questions please let me know.

Extended_EventHandlers file is missing from addons folder

Hi...

Probably this is a really noob question, but I saw this in OFP:CWC some addon _FFUR? Don`t remember now... and in ARMA 2 too - not sure now. How to enable these tracers for any gun in the game? I tried into tracerSettings.hpp but not working. Ex. Marine with M16. I`d like to see this very helpfull:)

Extended_EventHandlers file is missing from addons folder

Make sure you have CBA and CBA_A2 which are not included with A2WarMod, get them here:

https://dc380.4shared.com/download/xOgxz-YC/CBA_075-RC1.7z

If you are running Arma2 then the target line will go like this:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;A2WarMod

CBA or Community Based Addons are one of the requirements for most mods, also seen on the Download page at the

bottem left on Armaholic here under the word requirements:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12254

There is also an installation readme included in the download in the A2WarMod readmes folder.

How to enable these tracers for any gun in the game? I tried into tracerSettings.hpp but not working.

Hello Kurtz, go into the A2WarMod Addons folder and find and remove these 3 files:

TracersWAR

TracersWAR.PBO.TracersWAR.pbo.bisign

tracerswar.pbo.warfx141.bisign

as they are conflicting with the pitolfied tracers which the Hpp your talking about is from, and you

will be able to see the tracers again.

When you guys report stuff liek this to me, its finding stuff I may have overlooked when testing, so I will be planning

an updated version after COWarMod release with these files removed.

Any other things any guys arn't seeing or having issues with please dont hesitate to point it out or let me know, so I can fix it if possible.

UPDATE Fix

Ok guys got a fix for you:

DOWNLOAD

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N6AXP3GW

This update consists of:

-A fixed Loading screen

-a userconfig for the infantry stealth recognition mod

-List of 3 files to remove that will allow make the tracers work again ingame

Loading screen:

The loading screen before would prevent players from loading saved games, now you can save and load all you want,

the config in the addon had an line of code that did no need to be there and caused the problem, tested myself it works great,

and you get the WarMod Loading screen back!

Userconfig for Inf stealth and recognition mod

what this is is an updated config for the mod, I spent 3 days tweaking the settings in this config and testing it

out to see how the AI infantry would respond.

This mod allows the user to adjust several specific AI variables that effect the stealth movement and

recognition skills of the game.

- It comes with a file an HPP file that goes into the userconfig folder, which is where the adjustments

are made (this is what I updated).

Attributes that can be adjusted:

-Audible - How load a unit is when moving

-Camouflage - How easy a unit is to see

-Sensitivity - How well and how far the given unit senses other units

-SensitivityEar - How well can the given unit hear others units

Units defined:

-All vanilla factions/units - Then broken down into 3 categories each (if required)

-Categories include:

-Basic Infantry units

-Snipers, spotters, marksmen, scouts and units with silenced weapons

-Launchers including AT, AA and RPG units

Reason I did this was i found the AI having the ability to spot you and soon as they did they seemed aquire you

almost at the same time they saw you, and then on top of that almost hit you almost right away, a little unrealistic

to me unless your playing againsted ninja shooters that have reflexes like grandma did back in the day when she was

shooting clay pigeons, I mean it was rediculous what the AI was able to do.

So based on the type of units, the Spotter, marksmen, snipers, and special forces units all have good camoufladge,

as well as really cant be heard to well or spotted easily, this is actually pretty cool, now your stealth missions can actually

be stealthy, and your sniper missions in the bushes can be useful for once.

test it for yourselves and let me know.

List of 3 files to remove

The following you should remove from the A2WarMod Addons folder:

TracersWAR

TracersWAR.PBO.TracersWAR.pbo.bisign

tracerswar.pbo.warfx141.bisign

This will enable tracers to be seen ingame as these 3 files disabled and or prevented the tracer mod i have in A2WarMod from working.

Thanks to col_Kurtz for his feedback in pointing out to me that the tracers were not working, thanks col_Kurtz!

Thats all for now, any other feedback, bugs, problems ect you find please let me know.

thanks again!

Thank YOU Günter for your great job :)

My last (I hope) question is... Is it possible to resize the soldiers icons to bit smaller, maybe 30-40% down? (my native res is 1024x1280).

Right now I`m reinstalling the game because I`m getting "frozen" AI soldiers - US side and enemy - don`t know what`s going on :confused: Ie I can`t shoot down some enemy - is frozen in the run. Actually killed, but is still in the stand position or in the runnig.

Thanks

Right now I`m reinstalling the game because I`m getting "frozen" AI soldiers - US side and enemy - don`t know

what`s going on Ie I can`t shoot down some enemy - is frozen in the run. Actually killed, but is still in the stand position or in the running.

I had already answered this a page back, dont reinstall it wont do anything, its a bug, refer to a question another

asked and then my answer the quote after that.

Question:There is one thing with slx that lives on from the standalone version which bothers me.

Sometimes enemies will be frozen in place, standing up, when killed.

My Answer:

This is nothing new, i get this without A2WarMod, even in CoWarMod, I really have no idea whats causing this, but there

was a post a few months ago by Wipman that said the same thing but he was playing without SLX, so i think it is the vanilla

game related with their latest or previous patch, nothing I can do here I believe SLX makes this bug standout.

My last (I hope) question is... Is it possible to resize the soldiers icons to bit smaller, maybe 30-40% down? (my native res is 1024x1280).

I'll look into this as i have this in my COWarMod version, might be possible for A2Warmod, thanks for the feedback, I'd actually like this myself :)

my resolution is 1900x600 and their about as small as their going to get, if you use the USMC rifle squad they are pretty small,

if you use other squads, they will be bigger.

Thank you for your hard work Günter. We are curious to get it for our OA.

Thumbs up !

Your welcome buddy, the CO version is coming soon, i will be working my ass off this weekend to get it finished and ready to go.

Any other feedback in terms of features I can look into please let me know, and if its possible i will add, change or do what I can,

some things might be possible some wont. I will let you know based on what it is.

thanks again.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Is there a way to disable the A2War Mod loading Screen?

Or the loading screens in general?

-nosplash just affect the start up screen.

Go into the A2WarMod addons folder and remove the file that says WarMod_loading.pbo

If you remove WarMod Loading screen then you get the default loading screen for Arma2.

Are you having a problem with the loading screen in terms of the bug that was reported eariler like your unable to load save games,

or you just dont want the loading screen?

How does the loading screen look for you, as on my end I have a 1900x600 res and the pic is stretched, i tried alot of things and

no matter what I cant get it to look good or work right like in Arma2CO.

Why some modders insist in removing the crossair? It doesn't make the game more realistic, not even a little bit. When you are in front of a computer you don't have a weapon in your arms to FEEL where its pointing.

How do I enable it?

Relax man A2WarMod is a compilation mod that means its customizable too theres no one set way, crosshairs were disabled

because of preference, not realism, I played a game that had no crosshairs for 4 years and you were forced to use iron sites

as there was no option for crosshairs, so I got used to it.

When you are in front of a computer you don't have a weapon in your arms to FEEL where its pointing.

That is why there are iron sites, only time you would hip shoot is when your in close quarters or within close proximity of

an enemy soldier, even then iron sites still come into play all depends on the situation and circumstance.

Your tactical skills would improve without them, but whatever makes the game fun for you.

As per the readmes which are inlcuded in the download, theres only one file that disables cross hairs:

Go into your A2WarMod addons folder and remove this file:

slx_modweapons_nocrosshairs

In the future read the readmes and if you your still unsure about something, theres always my

website which is even more detailed, or you can ask here too. :)

Are you having a problem with the loading screen in terms of the bug that was reported eariler like your unable to load save games,

or you just dont want the loading screen?

Good job on this MOD Mr. Severloh!

I'm having the same issue as he is, not able to load saved games (SP & CAMP) when I come back after making my cup of coffee.

I have Blastcore going, so I removed your Warxp files to be on the safe side.

I've been playing USRANGERS latest Camp and have had no issues so far after removing those Warxp files that may have been conflicting with Blastcore....will keep testing and report later for duty...SIR!

Relax man A2WarMod is a compilation mod that means its customizable too theres no one set way, crosshairs were disabled

because of preference, not realism, I played a game that had no crosshairs for 4 years and you were forced to use iron sites

as there was no option for crosshairs, so I got used to it.

That is why there are iron sites, only time you would hip shoot is when your in close quarters or within close proximity of

an enemy soldier, even then iron sites still come into play all depends on the situation and circumstance.

Your tactical skills would improve without them, but whatever makes the game fun for you.

As per the readmes which are inlcuded in the download, theres only one file that disables cross hairs:

Go into your A2WarMod addons folder and remove this file:

slx_modweapons_nocrosshairs

In the future read the readmes and if you your still unsure about something, theres always my

website which is even more detailed, or you can ask here too. :)

Yeah, didn`t know that. I`m using compilation of mods: WarMod + ACE, ACEX and I found this:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-sops-technical-support-faq/154369-missing-interface-reticule-crosshair.html

Work ok for me. I have back my crosshair now :)

Thank you.

I'm having the same issue as he is, not able to load saved games (SP & CAMP) when I come back after making my cup of coffee.

I have Blastcore going, so I removed your Warxp files to be on the safe side.

I've been playing USRANGERS latest Camp and have had no issues so far after removing those Warxp files that may have

been conflicting with Blastcore....will keep testing and report later for duty...SIR!

Refer to this post for the latest A2WarMod update fix

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1964666&postcount=306

As said before A2WarMod was made for Arma2 only, if your playing with A2WarMod in Arma2CO then Blascore will not work in Arma2,

that is why there is WarFX for the Arma2 version, removing WarFx like you did will prevent conflicts.

Also as per my website after COWarMod is released I will be releasing an updated Patch and rebuild of A2WarMod bringing

the mod to version 1.5 this will ahve the applied fix, as well as other updates, and fixes. If you guys have other things your

finding please let me know so I can make sure I get it in the next build.

WarMod for Arma2CO Coming soon!

COWarMod version for Arma2COwill be releasing next weekend, which has blascore in it, has all the A2WarMod addons

and mods that do work in Arma2CO as well as all the OA stuff for gameplay, effects, AI ect,. in it, I actually just

got done tweaking it this past weekend, and am currently working on a logo, and loading screen, 1 readme, a release page and trailer.

Keep in mind guys that detailed readmes in rtf format (wordpad) are always included in the download of all my mods,

you can also get more info on my website, link in my sig.

Any other questions let me know.

Thanks for the feedback and support!

^^^

Again thanks for your hard work. I'll try to download it from your site or when you get it on Armaholic. Megauplouad does not like Hong Kong for some reason.

Are you having a problem with the loading screen ...

Ah thanks!

nah I just hate it when hundreds of different loading Screen appears.

I44,ace,warmod etc.

I just like the simple one :).

You mean WarMod for CO.

Did I not say, "this mod for CO" :j:... hahaha ETHER WAY I hope today it releases on time!! :D

Ya ya, Just ignore me Im the type of guy that takes people by their word literally.

Anyways I want to release COWarMod today but Im working on a trailer, and that is taking god awful forever,

just got done editing all the clips I have and waiting for a few more from my buddy, still have to pack and upload the mod and the trailer.

I been working almost nonstop all weekend even through the night and morning, and you wonder why i dont make trailers,

coming up with cool stuff or even ideas to record and how to do them is a real pain.

But either today or tomorrow CoWarMod will be released, it will have its own thread.

Haha, I like that, nice usage of WarMod!:icon14:

For those awaiting the release of COWarMod, I had started uploading the mod early this morning like 4:28am, went to bed,

came back to check on it about 9am, stupid thing stopped as it had an error! Dammit! :mad:

So im thinking one sie file might have to do with it as COWarMod is a huge file about 1 gig in size before its compressed,

when zipped its 804 mbs, still big, and I only have a 1mb internet connection speed. :j:

Anyways I split the file into 2 parts and am reuploading it as I type this, Armaholic will combine both parts for 1 download,

and thats about it, Im hoping that the upload, and release for a link from Armaholic will be all said and done today, we'll see.

Haha, I like that, nice usage of WarMod!:icon14:

For those awaiting the release of COWarMod, I had started uploading the mod early this morning like 4:28am, went to bed,

came back to check on it about 9am, stupid thing stopped as it had an error! Dammit! :mad:

So im thinking one sie file might have to do with it as COWarMod is a huge file about 1 gig in size before its compressed,

when zipped its 804 mbs, still big, and I only have a 1mb internet connection speed. :j:

Anyways I split the file into 2 parts and am reuploading it as I type this, Armaholic will combine both parts for 1 download,

and thats about it, Im hoping that the upload, and release for a link from Armaholic will be all said and done today, we'll see.

I'm waiting patiently. But, honestly I cant wait!!! :yay: