Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Mig-15 Converted to ArmA 2

I took a look at that. The skins are ok but still can be better. All the VTE stuff is Binarized and the model can not be edited. The A4 I posted can be edited and new textures would have to be made (-martin-).

Making different textures for this would be much harder then it is for the Mig-15 because the original texture has already got colours unlike the Mig-15 which is plain silver, perfect for adding colours. To make the colours less bright/darker on the original texture isn't such a problem, also the super shader will enhance this a little bit but I don't know if I will have the time to look in to this because I have my island to finish.

On another note Mondkalb has given me the ok for the Cessna 182 he did for ARMA1.

I'd say that even the Cessna in OFP has a more detailed model then that... I think this isn't worth the effort, would be much better to make this from scratch.

The M60A3 is done and ready.

That's a much better model worth the effort to get it in to ArmA 2. :smile:

But what does all this have to do with the Mig-15? :threadjacked: (damn I thought I'd never use this smiley)

Did everyone forget about this thread? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=107394&highlight=arma+addons :rolleyes:

Ok enough of the bollocking :tongue: The screen shots of the last skin I'm working on will be posted over the weekend. Now I'm just waiting for the guy who's working on the model to finish. He has to fix up the model.cfg so it might take a little while, I'll speak to him about how its going today. :wink_o:

Edited by -Martin-

Lol Martin is right. I forgot about thread. I will post stuff in that one from now on.

Easy wld427 every thing that's has been done has been within the rules. Remember that alot of the city life stuff got stolen by another rpg mod awhile ago so I do know a bit about the permissions for addons thing. Thank you for your concern tho.

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

edit: comments removed.

Good luck with the Mig-15. may want to sart a new topic as this one is not about it anymore.

-Martin-, Oo, now i have time to read all post to the end.Good job man!

But it is a pity that who doesn't do a Sabre F-86, here then it was possible to arrange duels in DM or TDM. ---Hey guys make a F-86!!!---

de8c20aec268t.jpg

)))

Ok -Martin- I will ask for the saber also. I remember one from OFP days that can be used as a starting point.:yay:

Guys I'm still working on the final Mig-15 skin, gonna post some picturse later today I hope, I had quite a bit of stuff to do this week so I fell behind with this.

@Hand of MoscoW, I don't know about using the one from OFP, the model is really very low quality, maybe it can be used as a LOD but I don't have time for this now anyway so I can't make it.

Any word about patching that error message?

Sure it will be fixed in the final version of this addon, hopefully by this Saturday. I'm not working on the model and config myslef because I don't have enough time, rstratton from the forums is working on it.

Anyway let's try to stay on topic, its really confusing to people when they read a thread about a Mig-15 which is full of other addons.

Edited by -Martin-

I'd love to see the F-86 Sabre go up against the MiG-15 in ArmA 2. Also, like to see other Korean ~ Vietnam era aircraft.

MiG-17

MiG-19

MiG-21

Su-7

F-5

There are some of these as addons for OFP and some for ArmA. Not many have been updated for ArmA 2 yet. Maybe some other OFP addon could be updated for ArmA 2 as well.

Kegety's BAe Hawk

As I have said before, PRACS is working on the Mig-21, and Franze is working on the Su-7.

This is the thread for the Mig-15, not for requesting addons/aircraft/anything. Why does it keep getting spammed with requests?

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Hey Guys. Re my A4 Skyhawk. Please contact me by PM regarding permissions for this. Thanks

Klink

told you so.....

UPDATE:

The Mig-15 model is currently still being worked on, all the animation angles in the model.cfg have to be re-done so it will take some time.

Because of this delay I've been working on my other project so I'll post some more screen shots once I have the final skin done.

Overall the addon is 90% complete.

Dam off topic again (Hand of Moscow). ( I screwed up also so don't worry)

Skins ready -Martin-? I need these for the aircombat map I have. No rush tho just like to see updates.

On side note: can you help me with making some rvmaps and damage textures for a personal addon? Thanks in advance.

Dam off topic again (Hand of Moscow). ( I screwed up also so don't worry)

Skins ready -Martin-? I need these for the aircombat map I have. No rush tho just like to see updates.

Yep, all the skins are done except one, at the moment I'm waiting for Rstratton from the forums to finish the animations for the model which is taking quite a bit of time so until the model is done I'm not going to work on the last skin.

The model needs min and max angles to be re-done in the model.cfg. If someone would like to give us a hand to release this faster please PM me ASAP.

On side note: can you help me with making some rvmaps and damage textures for a personal addon? Thanks in advance.

I would love to help you out but I'm very busy with my island right now so until the beta is done I wont be able to help, hopefully it will be done by the end of this month or the middle of November. Just PM me what you need and I'll have a look at it when I got some time.

Hello everyone and happy Halloween!

Finally after lot's of hard work I, Richard Thorne (a.k.a Th0rn3) and everyone else who has worked on this project would like to present to you the completed MiG -15 by (Bdfy & Volkstrum)!

presentfq.jpg

History of the MiG - 15

The MiG-15 (Mikoyan-Gurevich-15) is a jet fighter developed in the Soviet Union by Artem Mikoyan and Mikhail Gurevich in 1947. The MiG-15 was one of the first successful swept-wing jet fighters. It achieved fame in the skies over Korea, where early in the war, it outclassed all straight-winged enemy fighters in daylight. The MiG-15 also served as the starting point for development of the more advanced MiG-17 and is believed to have been one of the most widely produced jet aircraft ever made, with over 12,000 built. The MiG-15 is often compared with the North American F-86 Sabre.

Video:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXDGPv-qSCE?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXDGPv-qSCE?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

(

)

Fixed issues:

• Flaps have been fixed and elevators added
  • Crosshair has been centred
  • Model has been completely re-animated
  • 6 new skins have been added
  • All weapons have been fixed
  • Other minor issues have been fixed

Known issues:

• Light on the wing missing

Credits:

Bdfy & Volkstrum - The original authors of the MiG-15

(Volksturm - Models and textures)

(Bdfy - Config, scripts and project leadership)

Richard Thorne - Model animation, final config, scripting, presentation movie

Martin - Takistani, CDF, Czech and Chedaki (ChDKZ) skins

Topas - Polish skin

PROTOTYPE 001 - Base config

Bdfy & Volksturm project thanks OTK team for beta testing!

Types of aircraft:

• Mig-15bis
  • Mig-15bis 4x R76
  • Mig-15bis 4x FAB-250
  • Mig-15bis Fighter-Bomber
  • Mig-15bis Multirole

Read me:

Click on the button bellow to show the read me file

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIG-15BIS FIGHTER JET (Version 2.0) for ArmA II

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MiG-15 (Mikoyan-Gurevich-15) is a jet fighter developed in the Soviet Union

by Artem Mikoyan and Mikhail Gurevich in 1947. The MiG-15 was one of the first

successful swept-wing jet fighters. It achieved fame in the skies over Korea,

where early in the war, it outclassed all straight-winged enemy fighters in

daylight. The MiG-15 also served as the starting point for development of the

more advanced MiG-17 and is believed to have been one of the most widely

produced jet aircraft ever made, with over 12,000 built. The MiG-15 is often

compared with the North American F-86 Sabre.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors & Credits

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bdfy & Volkstrum - The original authors of the MiG-15

(Volksturm - Models and textures)

(Bdfy - Config, scripts and project leadership)

Richard Thorne - Model animation, final config, scripting, presentation movie

Martin - Takistani, CDF, Czech and Chedaki (ChDKZ) skins

Topas - Polish skin

PROTOTYPE 001 - Base config

Bdfy & Volksturm project thanks OTK team for beta testing!

Installation:

To install this addon follow the instructions bellow:

1) Extract the file called "Mig15bis.pbo" from the archive and place it in

your ArmA 2 addons directory, usually:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns

(Where "X" stands for the drive on which ArmA 2 is installed.)

Replace the plane skin

To replace the planes textures (skin) in editor type the folowing lines in to the

plane's INIT field:

this setObjectTexture [4, "your_skin_01.paa"]

this setObjectTexture [5, "your_skin_02.paa"]

Set numbers on the side

There are 4 numbers that can be set on the side of a plane. To set them put this

in plane's INIT field:

[this, 1234] exec "\mig15bis\scripts\set_num.sqs"

(Where "1234", type your own number)

Permissions

All credits belongs to the original authors of this addon (Bdfy & Volksturm) and

all credit for the work involved in converting this addon to ArmA II belong

to everyone who was involved in this project. Usage of any components of

this addon (models, textures, animations, sounds, scripts etc.) and original ideas

in your own projects without the permission of Bdfy & Volksturm is forbidden.

Using this addon or any of its components for commercial purposes is forbidden.

Disclaimer

This addon has been provided to you free of charge, the authors or Bohemia

Interactive Studio will not take responsibility for any damage/loss of data

done by this addon to your computer/ArmA II game (most unlikely), lost lives,

angry wives/parents and/or lost girlfriends.

By downloading and installing this addon you agree to the above and take

responsibility.

100% compatibility with another addons cannot be guaranteed.

Contact

Here are the contact details for the autors and people who have taken part in

this project:

Bdfy - "bdfy1985@gmail.com"

Volksturm - "volksturm45@gmail.com"

Martin - "OFPBase@Seznam.cz"

Richard Thorne - http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=64942

Topas - http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=15064

Rstratton - http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=11785

PROTOTYPE 001 - http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=37308

Also visit the sites bellow for more free addons:

http://flashpoint.ru/forum/

http://forums.bistudio.com

http://www.OFPBase.co.nr

If you like this addon you can support authors with a Webmoney donation

WMZ Wallet - Z170760561357

31th of October 2010 - Happy Halloween

Screen shots:

mig1.th.pngmig2j.th.pngmig3.th.pngarma22010103123213675.th.jpg

Download link: (Please mirror!)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1gy5yhgf4yjfq2a (~53MB)

Please leave your comments

Edited by -Martin-

Dam -Martin- I must the wait was worth it. Thank you for doing these retext. They came out great.

Thanks to the community also for keeping this alive.

Now this one changed my sleeping habits...

Glad we released this addon and I can finally go to sleep :)