Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Mig-15 Converted to ArmA 2

New engine sounds are nice but a voice warning system in a Mig-15?

New engine sounds are nice but a voice warning system in a Mig-15?

Yeah yeah, anyways :) CAWS was a side-product of my rework on the SU25 stock addon. So why not use it with another greate plane? And to add some basic sensor system wouldn't even be a big problem in reality I suppose.

VictorFarbau

your addon makes my computer hang and go black for like 3 sec while playing in game at first start while flying. i think this may be due to the caw because if i turn it on and off it does it, but not confirmed of course. you should also limit it to just opfor and independents because it clutters bluefor menus and they would not use mig. nice addon by the way cant wait for su25.

@derrickkolba, @fighterman, can you tell me which version of Arma II you use (stock, OA, PMC...) and which patch level?

I would be interested to understand whether problems could occur by calling the "BIS_fnc" module from within the addon. Currently the addon depends on this module which also was changed recently. If this turns out to be the problem - that would be a valuable lesson learned.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I removed the dependency to the BIS_fnc module by using a more light-weight method to determine the pitch. That should avoid problems when using non-OA or older ARMA 2 versions. I requested Martin to update the download link now.

Cheers,

VictorFarbau

Edited by VictorFarbau

Please use the DL link mentioned below in post #131. That one should do the trick; also with potential crashes.

VictorFarbau

Please use the DL link mentioned below in post #131. That one should do the trick; also with potential crashes.

VictorFarbau

Wow this is a well done mod. Only one problem I've had with it. When I select the CDF variant I get a texture error message. It doesn't seem to affect anything from what I can see, but the error message does come up.

We seriously need an F-86 Sabre to go up against this awesome little jet. I just doesn't feel right going against anything else.

north-american-f-86-sabre-1.jpg

We seriously need an F-86 Sabre to go up against this awesome little jet. I just doesn't feel right going against anything else.

north-american-f-86-sabre-1.jpg

agreed!

Very well done mod, a pleasure to fly. This is a must have if you like planes.

Thanks! :)

Ok fine F-86 Saber up next. I will need $20.00 from everyone to get it done. Just kidding but is in work. Plus stay on topic. This all about the Mig-15.

Wow this is a well done mod. Only one problem I've had with it. When I select the CDF variant I get a texture error message. It doesn't seem to affect anything from what I can see, but the error message does come up.

I am getting that and then no Cockpit frame texture for the MiG, but the inside is ok. :icon_neutral:

Edited by Black Cat

It appears to effect all the CDF versions. There also appears to be a texture/shadow error on the cockpit frame.

I am going to unpbo the file and have a look at the texture paths. Will update with anything i find.

Edited by sv5000

I dind't know that fix was released. Just tried it and it's great and much better. The only thing I didnt like in previus release was sounds.

ooo... and I spoted small mistake:

The Chedaki (ChDKZ) skined plane Mig-15bis Fighter-Bomber is in Russian side next to Russian al skin Mig-15bis Fighter-Bomber. And on the rebbels side the Mig-15bis Fighter-Bomber is missing. Just to let you know if you are willing to fix! ;)

Ok

I have fixed the texture error and also the config issue with the Chedaki (ChDKZ) version, thanks Armstrong, never even noticed that one!

all I need now is permission to release and a place to upload the fixed pbo.

all I need now is permission to release and a place to upload the fixed pbo.

Hi,

Thanks for your help in fixing these bugs, we didn't have time to fix them.

Anyway since the original authors of the addon have already granted permission for it to be converted by me and Richard I don't see why they would be against your bug fixes.

I of course grant you permission to release this and modify it as you want in the future as long as all the credits are given etc.. you know the drill. :smile:

Please PM me the link to the addon and the change log so that I can update the first post of this thread.

Nice to see activity on this realy great addon for Arma.

Hope it isnt too late to fix/make canopy "transparency". Or is this just engine limitation?

And one more thing when you put flaps down for once,... there is no visual animation noir flaps go down when you putt them down 1 notch...

And having air brakes animation would be nice addition.

2888511668_735580123f.jpg

Good luck guys, bringing great addon to community:292:

Thanks for getting back to me martin.

Flaps, hmm I think it may be something that has to be defined in the model as a memory point etc. I don't have the odol's so i cant fix that, same with airbrakes. If its a config thing I will look into it.

Looking at the rockets, they inherit from the FFAR launcher ingame, will look into it.