Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Mig-15 Converted to ArmA 2

Great addon, I also remember the great campaign it was released with in Arma1.

Hey guys,

The Takistani re-skin is complete! Here are some screen shots (I think my colours are a bit too deep, I might make them lighter after I test the super filter)

tak3.th.jpg

tak1.th.jpg

tak2.th.jpg

Now I will be working on a Czechoslovak re-skin which can be seen in the picture bellow:

mig15czech2.png

More Mig-15 designs can be found here:

http://holybork.com/forums/viewthread/1487/P135/#32976

I'll keep this thread updated as I finish the skins. Tell me what you think!

Great addon, I also remember the great campaign it was released with in Arma1.

OTK made it.

But we will not convert it.

We haven't time and desire for this work.

If you could make the Taki one a bit paler... and maybe give it some flaking paint and some weathering. But it looks awesome.... + I realize how time consuming it can be to make textures...

I made one of these for GTA a few years back and I am quite fond of them, I look forward to flying this one in A2.

love the mig15 and nice to see it comein to ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead just one thing ill ask can you do one for AmrA2 as well not just for Operation Arrowhead as i think this addon will be wellcome a lot to ArmA2 and nice work boys

love the mig15 and nice to see it comein to ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead just one thing ill ask can you do one for AmrA2 as well not just for Operation Arrowhead as i think this addon will be wellcome a lot to ArmA2 and nice work boys

First, use some punctuation man :D

Then why dont you have Arrowhead? Its not like with ArmA 1 and "Queens Gambit", which just added a new campaign and island, Arrowhead completly overhauls and improves the game.

Hey did the original author give the permission for the community to work on this addon?

If so, I would like to take a shot at it. My O2 skills are somewhat rusty (OFP was a while back after all), but I think I can manage.

So if it is ok I please send me a pn about the MLOD. I think I can fix most of the errors, and also I would like to try to turn the MiG-15 in a MiG-17.

... and maybe give it some flaking paint and some weathering

-Martin-,

Use the 'background copy 7' or '8' from my file for this. Shall be a time-saver ;)

@Dean.F - Please don't spout that stuff anymore. Some people who already had ArmA 2 when OA came out don't have the money to get it. If your willing to send $40 to everybody who bought AII before OA came out, go ahead and ask them why they don't have it.

@Altimeter - Permissions were given, but the MLod isn't available. If I remember correctly (from somebodies attempt a few months ago/last year) the authors wouldn't give permission for the MLod, but it's possible they changed their minds.

@Altimeter - Permissions were given, but the MLod isn't available. If I remember correctly (from somebodies attempt a few months ago/last year) the authors wouldn't give permission for the MLod, but it's possible they changed their minds.

According to this post Martin got the MLOD, either by the original author or with the MLOD extractor.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1764434&postcount=19

I just want confirmation that is ok to work on, maybe like the Mi-28 as a community project. Its really a top-notch model, and looking at the bad experience RKSL Rock made, I want to be careful with the editing.

Edited by Altimeter

Hey everyone, the Czechoslovak skin is finished, now I will be working on the Chernarus skin for the original ArmA II.

Here is a screen shot:

57135440.th.png

just one thing ill ask can you do one for ArmA 2 as well not just for Operation Arrowhead

Yep, there will be a normal, un-changed version of the Mig-15bis like in the original addon, a Chernarus Defence version, a Takistani version (which is done) and a Czechoslovak version (Also done). Some screen shots of are coming soon but it takes some time to make these textures, I think I might make a civilian version too, for air show events and stuff.

Permission has been given, the author is a nice guy, but he stopped working on stuff for ArmA unfortunately :sad: The Mlod is now available by using the mlod extractor because the author couldent find the original mlod, its been a while since he stopped working on ArmA 2 stuff so he allowed me to convert it using the extractor. There is no permission to change the Mig-15 in to a Mig-17 or edit the appearance of the model except for a re-skin, it would be better if we don't do it, we must respect the author.

However the mlod model doesn't fly in ArmA 2, has no animations etc.. Since I just came form OFP I haven't managed to get it working because everything changed form OFP a little, one guy from the forums is helping me right now but you can take a shot at it too if you want, I will PM you about this. For now I think it would be best wait a few days to see how that guy gets on before we do the model, would be a waste of time to do something twice. I want us finish this addon as fast as we can because I got my island waiting to be finished.

-Martin-,

Use the 'background copy 7' or '8' from my file for this. Shall be a time-saver

Yep, I will do that because I'm gonna start making the Chernarus skin, thanks again for the Polish skin.

cant you make an ChdKZ version to, please :D

Sure I'll be happy to make it :wink_o: but after don't ask for a Japanese version too :biggrin:

Sure I'll be happy to make it :wink_o: but after don't ask for a Japanese version too :biggrin:

well that the one i was after too........:D just joking :p

actually, as i remember, authors never give any permissions to re-skin they addon...

I mean - any reskins was for personal use only.

i'll go ask them.

Edited by Wass

actually, as i remember, authors never give any permissions to re-skin they addon...

i'll go ask them.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. There are 2 authors for this Mig, and they said that it could be converted (I think), but it could not be edited texture wise. It is very possible they changed their minds, but that's what I know happened before.

Ok I guess I am putting away the texture stuff. -Martin- has it all covered thank god.

-Martin- when You get a chance I have alot of stuff on my hard drive that I have permission for that I think would fit into ARMA2 OA/CO. They are great models and I would like to start working on them after we do the ARMA conversions. Send me a PM so I can send you screen shots.

i'll go ask them.

Well I got permission because he doesn't play ArmA any more, I gave the author a link to this thread too so if he had anything against it he would tell us all ready. Hows about we stop worrying about permission which I had to confirm like 5 times already and enjoy the addon?

-Martin- when You get a chance I have a lot of stuff on my hard drive that I have permission for that I think would fit into ARMA2 OA/CO. They are great models and I would like to start working on them after we do the ARMA conversions. Send me a PM so I can send you screen shots.

Ok wait for my PM, have you got permissions too?

EDIT: Oh damn, I need the get glasses lol

Edited by -Martin-

I gave the author a link to this thread too so if he had anything against it he would tell us all ready.

Bdfy banned here. Anyway, i told him, and he say you can reskin wherever you want.

He ask about some "Community Best Addons thread", do you hear something like this? Some thread where peoples give they free sources and other peoples use it free, or something like that.

He want put MLOD there.

Give us info how it work and you can get souce.

He ask about some "Community Best Addons thread"...

There was never such a specific thread, but a similar one existed with the "Community Made Addons" thread, where several people made a Mi-28 helicopter.

Actually such a thread would be a cool idea, all the addon makers who no longer want to work on their half-finished addons could release them there, so that others could continue their work.

A made a quick proposal at such a thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1766522#post1766522

Maybe it catches on.

Edited by Altimeter

Bdfy banned here. Anyway, i told him, and he say you can reskin wherever you want.

He ask about some "Community Best Addons thread", do you hear something like this? Some thread where peoples give they free sources and other peoples use it free, or something like that.

He want put MLOD there.

Spasibo Wass, I told you that I have permission.

He want put MLOD there.

How does he want to put the MLOD there if he is banned and told me that he can't find it?

Info about what? The thread he wants? :smile: But we already have the source anyway so it's no problem (We will release the MLOD with all source files in this thread once the addon is complete if Bdfy wants it). Now I'm working on the Chernarus skins for the Mig-15, gonna post some screenies today in the evening. When you speak to Bdfy again tell him my thanks for his support with this addon please :cheers:

Info about what? The thread he wants? :smile: But we already have the source anyway so it's no problem (We will release the MLOD with all source files in this thread once the addon is complete if Bdfy wants it). Now I'm working on the Chernarus skins for the Mig-15, gonna post some screenies today in the evening. When you speak to Bdfy again tell him my thanks for his support with this addon please :cheers:

Check this thread here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1766588#post1766588

Ill post the source files there if I get them from you or Wass or Bdfy or whoever :D

Ill post the source files there if I get them from you or Wass or Bdfy or whoever

Nice, I'll release the source files in this thread probably next week when the model is done so just copy paste them to that thread. I'm glad that this turned in to a community project.