Sign in to follow this  
bracer

Emita City

Looking forward to recreating some Battle LA'esque action missions in the urban areas.

+1! I would love that!

How are things going with Emita? I have a friend who is considering purchasing Arma, I want to sell it in part by saying there are large city area maps out there :P

How are things going with Emita? I have a friend who is considering purchasing Arma, I want to sell it in part by saying there are large city area maps out there :P

Might want to tell your friend about the Fallujah map then: it's easily the largest city map that I know of (there's a PMC City Island map, but last I checked, some of the building placement was faulty and some of the textures were broken). Fallujah's probably the best map right now for intense, city-block CQC.

The map maker is currently busy with work and will get right back to it as soon as possible :)

Might want to tell your friend about the Fallujah map then: it's easily the largest city map that I know of (there's a PMC City Island map, but last I checked, some of the building placement was faulty and some of the textures were broken). Fallujah's probably the best map right now for intense, city-block CQC.

Thanks for the heads up, I do have it and made a few missions for it. But am hoping to make some on a lush/European environment as well.

And thanks for the info Raserisk :)

Hey guys!

As Raserisk said, I've been away all of the summer and havn't had any time for Arma.

So please excuse the lack of updates.

Now I'm back at work with Emita, but it will still be in a slow pace due to some new IRL commitments.

There's not much work left to do until I can release a beta.

Just a few areas where I need to place structures, and then add some forests and hills.

Then I'll add some more details to the city and countryside.

I will keep the details and forests sparse for the beta, and depending on the feedback I get I will increase/decrease the thickness of forests and detail.

Probably increase, since I have no performance issues at all with my old rig. :bounce3:

Next update will hopefully be the last one before beta-release.

I also hope to be able to estimate a release date by then.

Cheers!

IceBreakr also just released an update to his Isla Duala pack which contains more alien units (e.g. tanks and air support). Looks like some Battle:LA sequel-like missions/movies on Emita are totally on now.

IceBreakr also just released an update to his Isla Duala pack which contains more alien units (e.g. tanks and air support). Looks like some Battle:LA sequel-like missions/movies on Emita are totally on now.

The flying saucer and heavy tanks and stuff? (Duala 1.95) That's been around for a while. Thought you meant maybe he had incorporated even more stuff.

The flying saucer and heavy tanks and stuff? (Duala 1.95) That's been around for a while. Thought you meant maybe he had incorporated even more stuff.

My bad haha. I'd been away for an extended amount of time and was quite surprised when I opened ArmA for the first time in a few months last weekend.

That's alright. I too am pretty stoked for a Battle: Emita mission once this island is released, enjoy the aliens! :)

Here's some footage of what Emita looks like atm.

6lJFBg9NgZo

Nice video and GREAT SONG !

Can you please tell me the name of the band/artist and the song ?

Dammit Bracer I'm already on my knees from anticipating this map for months but now you just go and do a Alien Invasion, oh oh my heart is breaking. :)

my comment after brief look at the vid is that the grass does not seem to match the green texture of the ground.

Music is: A Brokeheart Pro - Dark Red and Loud.

Yes, the layer and satellite masks still needs some tweaking, probably the clutter config aswell.

But will have to wait until I'm done editing roads and objects.

News news news? Maybe an release`???+:D

*Wanna fight in an urban city!*

Time has come to show some images of the soon to be released beta-version of Emita City.

I'll start with some overviews:

20adr.jpg

Emita castle.

16ayz.jpg

View from the center to the east harbour.

25as.jpg

From center to the west.

18as.jpg

Country side.

awesome, the ground texture is a bit too saturated in relation to the trees imo but other than that it really has progressed.

And here's some photos from the ground:

28aq.jpg

One of the squares in the city center.

27ali.jpg

Main street.

23apu.jpg

More country.

19acx.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

The war torn Old Town:

58830571.jpg

93177366.jpg

79318682.jpg

And lastly a big factory seen from the eastern harbor.

88580334.jpg

I'll do my best to keep you updated until the release!

Just small work and some testing needed before I can release a public beta.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

awesome' date=' the ground texture is a bit too saturated in relation to the trees imo but other than that it really has progressed.[/quote']

Thanks Fox!

I'm having a hard time getting the SatMap to look good, but I will keep working on it.

Need to work on my PS skills.

this map could be awesome for some Ghost Recon (original) remakes, can't wait..

One thing; What is the city theme? French? Western Europe?