Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

AH-64 Pack

Another weapon that could be added is the Lockeed Martin DAGR, laser guided rockets.

http://aviationintel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/DAGR-Missile-2.jpg

each pod contain 4 rockets and can be installed on a rail of the M299 launcher.

------

BAE Systems also have his own model of laser guided rocket (who awarded contracts with US Forces in 2012) : the APKWS II, that can be installed on existing M261 Hydra pod without any modifications.

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zckg14.jpg

http://armyaviation.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/ord_apkws_diagram_labeled_lg.jpg

There's currently a schism whether to get DAGR or APKWS II. DAGR is the more expensive program and isn't exactly plug and play with the existing Hydra rocket system, but the active US Army favors it. The Guard and Reserve components favor getting the APKWS II since it is a more versatile system.

If we do one of them we're more likely to do the APKWS II as that's easier to implement than DAGR. Currently neither system is implemented.

I really can't wait to play the final version of the addon, looks really amazing!

By the way, I have a question:

Would you consider (maybe in the future) creating other models of the AH-64 that are used by military forces around the world? For example: The AH-64A "Peten" and AH-64D "Saraph" used by the Israeli Air Force.

Other Apache variations are on the to-do list; however the base aircraft must be complete first. Nodunit has some old mock up pictures which may or may not still be a few hundred pages back.

Other Apache variations are on the to-do list; however the base aircraft must be complete first. Nodunit has some old mock up pictures which may or may not still be a few hundred pages back.

I understand. Thank you for the answer :)

DAGR is the more expensive program and isn't exactly plug and play with the existing Hydra rocket system, but the active US Army favors it.

The DAGR pod is fully plug and play with the M299 quad rails launcher, as you can see on my first picture link.

both system have similar performances, so whatever the rocket you would choose to implement it will be all good. :)

Edited by cychou

The DAGR pod is fully plug and play with the M299 quad rails launcher, as you can see on my first picture link.

both system have similar performances, so whatever the rocket you would choose to implement it will be all good. :)

Which isn't part of the Hydra rocket system. ;)

Way back in time we had the APKWS system but then it got dropped, so this time around we're erring on the side of caution. APKWS II would be the easier system to implement in any case.

Edited by Franze

Apparently the Marine Corps is utilizing a guided Hydra rocket in Afghanistan on the UH-1Y according to my latest Marine Corps Times, I'd post it but unfortunately it only appeared in the print edition.

EDIT - Ok, the Marine Corps has been using APKWS II in A-stan since March of this year.

The Navy took over the program after the Army dumped it. They were probably thinking further ahead than the Army guys were.

The Navy took over the program after the Army dumped it. They were probably thinking further ahead than the Army guys were.

There's lots of noise that it's coming to the -60S and (maybe, possibly, one day) the -60R. Mind you neither platform has fired a missile in anger...ever...but that's a whole other story.

There's lots of noise that it's coming to the -60S and (maybe, possibly, one day) the -60R. Mind you neither platform has fired a missile in anger...ever...but that's a whole other story.

They probably figure if you have to shoot, you're probably going to be shooting at a rowboat with an AK in it - might as well save some money then. :D

So not a lot of news this weekend as it's a short weekend for me, but we have the ASE page implemented now:

ase_110412_1s.jpg

The ASE is the central page for determining air defense threats, their status toward you, and whether or not they are firing at you. The page can be set to automatically show in event that an ADA unit is either tracking or firing at you. In addition it provides selected countermeasure quantity and salvo, plus IR and RF jammer control.

If that isn't what you really want, here's a few pics -

ah64s_110412_2s.jpg

AH-64D NR 1

AH-64D NR 2

AH-64D NR 3

AH-64D NR 4

AH-64D Group

If that isn't what you really want, here's a few pics -

That sunset picture is quite the work of art! (And so is your Apache of course.) :cool:

ASE page marks a milestone for us, for now that is the final page (possibly one more), totalling FUEL, ENG, FLT, WPN, TSD, WCA and ASE with sub pages on a few. And we're not trying to tease you folks or anything, just keep you up to date on the project so that you know it is in fact not dead but progressing.

Also get on messenger already Isle, you're late.

Edited by NodUnit

Nope, actuators are on all pylons since the bird is rated to carry a varied and heavy loadout, it also quickens ground loading times.

Also for those of you that saw the action menu in the previous videos and had a panic attack or groan at the clutter, Franze has set actions be page specific. For example burst mode, TSD mode, hellire mode and other page specific actions that are not otherwise accessible through the cyclic, collective, instrument panel or consoles.

Edited by NodUnit

sorry nod...been having some real life personal issues lately. Also I live on Long Island...if you guys haven't seen in the news, NJ, NYC and LI got ravaged by Superstorm Sandy....i haven't had power for a week (still don't)...been living with someone who has had power since last Monday.

Ah, cool, didn't know the Rockets where on actuators, thought it was only the Hellfires.

+4 to -15 degrees up or down; primarily useful for the rockets but adds some benefits for the HELLFIRE too. If you're performing a rocket run and you need to bank, the rockets are easier to aim at your target due to the elevation capability.

sorry nod...been having some real life personal issues lately. Also I live on Long Island...if you guys haven't seen in the news, NJ, NYC and LI got ravaged by Superstorm Sandy....i haven't had power for a week (still don't)...been living with someone who has had power since last Monday.

Hope everything goes well and things get back to normal up there quick. Stay safe in any case. :)

They probably figure if you have to shoot, you're probably going to be shooting at a rowboat with an AK in it - might as well save some money then. :D

Very true. Precisely why the Hellfire was not the answer some 15 years ago. Oh well....

Looks great and looking forward to messing with it ingame.

Hey Nodunit have you heard from yurapetrov? He hasn't posted anything for a while.

I assume its not really relevant to Nod and Fraznze anymore seeing you said you're nearly done on the MPD's but pretty cool if you're interested none the less.

Your Apache effort looks better and better with each new screenshot.

I hope you will port it to ArmA3 when it's out. I will miss this chopper there otherwise.

We really wish it was done now so you could all enjoy some tank-spanking-fun but it'd be just wrong to release it as a buggy alpha with no documentation. Rest assured we are getting there, slowly but surely.

We plan to bring it to A3, you can be sure of that.

Oh and by the way if I have any say in the discussion over the -60s I would love to see another helo made by Nodunit especially a -60, and also I'd rather it not be made for TOHK, I have the game, but honestly I am not that fond of it. I feel that the helo's would be alot more fun being flown in a arma.

I can't give any garuntee's that after the 64 we'll be working on stuff for A2, our goal is simulation of avionics to the best of our ability and TKOH offers several doors otherwise unattainable, not to mention cutting down on overhead since some things would be part of the system itself.

That said, who knows, we may release simplified versions for A2 but nothing to the extent of the apache's more complex variants. On the flipside, if its addons vs addons that you are worried about then simply having Rearmed will fix that for you.

Edited by NodUnit

Ok I know that this is somewhat off topic but so in order to move all my addons from arma into tkoh should I just move the files from arma into the tkoh?