Sign in to follow this  
twirly

Speed up the planes a bit

The AI just needs some style lessons for flying. Go higher and faster and don't waggle the wings do damned much.

Pop-up tactics. IRL chopper pilots use stand-off tactics like this, not charging into a hot zone guns blazing.

American choppers maybe, not the MI-24 though.

American choppers maybe, not the MI-24 though.

Yeah, I forgot that their main tactic is to charge like a rhino, guns blazing. At least that's what it said in my Microprose Gunship! manual, circa 1987, Commodore64. :p

I have to agree with OP, jets are too slow.Maybe not the A10 but F35 and harrier are.

When i tried my little experiment and dived from 7-10k altitude to gain max speed, i was able to push the F35 to 1350km/hr and the harrier to 1200 ish km/hr.

Now while F35 max speed is propably classified i believe it should get pretty close or even way past mach 2 or 2.5 which would bring as to speeds of 2500km/hr +

While i have to agree that arma maps aren't that big for this kind of supersonic speeds, neither arma 2 is a fly-sim I still would be rather excited for arma jets to reach at least 1600km/hr cruise speed or/and implemented afterburner that would push these jets to a lot faster speeds than they can do atm :o

Crossed fingers for Arma 3:p

I think the jets are great fun to fly . .over powered perhaps

What I would like to see

1. A lock on warning tone. .yes yes I know that IR is passive . .anyhoo

2. A Better hud for the F-35 . .just cant see that little green dot

3. A better single seat RU multirole for balance maybe a Mig 29 or SU 27 . .

4. Recon photos for the Targets like buildings or depots in the briefing notes

5. I think the Cobra engine stalls when you fire the hydra rockets

I am new to armaverse . .enjoying it a great deal

Edited by Twisted.

the speed problem is because you are probaly not useing the thruster.. in my case i hold down Q or use the thruster on my joystick. and i can get to speed near mach 1 in most of the jets that came with A2, and the jets that are mods i can get to around mach 3 or 4 in most.. and with my F-14 i found a funny bug that allows me to get to mach 22 in less than 1 second

yeah its a bug that i like quite alot :P.. it helps with bombing the crap out of the enemy and then not been hit by AA

I bet they don't even see you. Should try it in MP...bet you'd kick some ass lol.

i would if A2 haddent stoped working so i had to unistall the game and reinstall it and now it is laggy as hell and i have all the right requirements :S

5. I think the Cobra engine stalls when you fire the hydra rockets

That happened to the army cobras with the Mk.66 rocket motors. It was found that those rocket motors caused a massive surge which disrupted air flow when they left the tubes. They sucked the air from the engine, causing the aircraft to jerk. After an unfortunate, fatal accident at the Ft. Bliss gun range, the Mk.66 rocket motors were restricted from use by AH-1 pilots. Debris deflectors were designed to enable the use of those rockets.

It seems doubtful that the Marines had a similar problem, as the AH-1T and AH-1W have very different inlet designs from the AH-1S.

Edited by Max Power

the speed problem is because you are probaly not useing the thruster.. in my case i hold down Q or use the thruster on my joystick. and i can get to speed near mach 1 in most of the jets that came with A2, and the jets that are mods i can get to around mach 3 or 4 in most.. and with my F-14 i found a funny bug that allows me to get to mach 22 in less than 1 second

What the fuck....?

Hi Ulanthorn,

I agree with you that TAB makes things easy,but the whole game should be reviewed to get rid of it.

First of all view distance shouldnt be limited,you should be able to have visual on targets.Second vehicles,position refresh rate should be high so u can shoot them accurately.

Sometimes ,you guide a missile to vehicle but just one second before it hits it the vehicle jumps to another position...

its not turbo.. if my A2 game still worked and if i had a game recording system i would record it and show it to you

Guys isnt there a way to put a set speed of AI planes? AirSupport Scripts for example.

Having a Harrier or F35 coming in at the speed its sopposed to be would be much better.

Guys isnt there a way to put a set speed of AI planes? AirSupport Scripts for example.

Having a Harrier or F35 coming in at the speed its sopposed to be would be much better.

I set them to 'full' speed and they seem pretty fast to me..

I set them to 'full' speed and they seem pretty fast to me..

Me too, but is there something to overide that to make them go faster? Just hate how the A10 comes gliding in for attack like its a sunday morning! lol.