Sign in to follow this  
Pipetka

Fix the Mi-24 Hind please...

Hello BIS:), my respect to you all. I like Arma 2 and I love your games from OFP time.

In OFP Mi24 was powerfull and greatest chopper. But now - its a peace of crap :(by some reasons:

1) Uncontrolable AT2 missiles. This reason makes Mi-24D absolutely useless against any armored targets and cars. Do not change dammage and speed of this missile just fix the maneurability and range.

2) Terrible radar. All versions of Hind (Mi24D, Mi24V, Mi24P) cant see any enemy targets far than 1000 m. But Mi8 and MH-6 can see very far. Pls fix Mi24 radar for 4km or more.

3) Yakb 12,7 this is not automatic gun. Take out the explodes from hits.

So... This reasons makes Hind useless against enemy tanks and choppers . East cant be effective in the air in C&H and CTI Warfare games. Please, fix it in next path.

My respect...

Edited by Pipetka

Maybe the Yakb is configured this way to counter for that the engine cannot support those kinds of firing rates? You get some area damage done, but with less bullets. I don't know, just a thought.

The Yakb 12,7 isnt an anti tank gun its just a heavy machine gun. The Mi-24p and Mi-24vp are armed with 30mm and 23mm guns for anti armour purposes....

The most irritating thing with the hind at the moment is how the cockpit seems totally unarmoured.. The front window should be bullet proof up to .50 as far as I know.. And I think modern versions have all the glass armoured....

And the whole airframe in general seems to be affected by small rounds but in total its armored against .50 cal and the cockpit is armoured to withstand hits from 37mm shells.

The other problem is that the engines seem to give up on the first few hits even though it can fly on one engine. But i think this is more something to do with the game engine.. Thats all I have to say ....

I'm dubious as to how accurate real At-2's are.... Mi-24vp plz bis lol

Id'e like to see atleast the guided missles working properly as like op said they are not very good, especially in the D model.

Would be nice for CDF to have V model too and Insurgents to get atleast Mi-24D or maybe even V model.

Also another good fix would be to make the gunners optic site on the P model movable so u can see the targets properly when using guided missles and leave the cannon to fire in a fixed position, basically if u move the site around the cannon still fires in a fixed straight position.

Mi-24vp plz bis lol

Mi-24VM or VP would be much better for the game engine

Also

Mi-24VM - upgraded Mi-24V with updated avionics to improve night-time operation, new communications gear, shorter and lighter wings, and updated weapon systems to include support for the Ataka, Shturm and Igla-V missiles and a 23-mm main gun. Other internal changes have been made to increase the aircraft life-cycle and ease maintenance. The Mi-24VM is expected to operate until 2015.

also

Mi-24PN - The Russian military has selected this upgraded Mi-24 to be their primary attack helicopter. The PN version has a TV and a FLIR camera located in a dome on the front of the aircraft. Other modifications include using the rotor blades and wings from the Mi-28 and fixed rather than retractable landing gear. The Russians received 14 Mi-24PNs in 2004 and plan on eventually upgrading all of their Mi-24s

Mi-24VN (Hind-E) - (Mi-35O "Hind-E") A night-attack version based on an Mi-24V in Mi-24VM Stage 1 configuration

Edited by vasmkd

Well, for now it would help to simply enhance the scan range and the hit probability of the ATGMs and make the engines more reliable in the current Hind D/V/P. Its only some changes in the .cfg and since the Hind is the only OPFOR attack helicopter in OA is is urgently needed to make it at least somewhat usefull.

Edited by Beagle

Well, for now it would help to simply enhance the scan range and the hit probability of the ATGMs and make the engines more reliable in the current Hind D/V/P. Its only same changes in the .cfg and since the Hind is the only OPFOR attack helicopter in OA is is urgently needed to make it at least somewhat usefull.

Word up brother! I dont think the missiles on the d need too much improvement but the inabilaty to survive any gunfire on all models is crazy.....

The Hinds will get some love in the next patch. Don't dare saying more than that without explicit permission though, but there are some fixes/upgrades coming :)

vasmkd- in short we need Mi-35 or Super Hind :D

Yes Mi-35 is the export version naming

The Hinds will get some love in the next patch. Don't dare saying more than that without explicit permission though, but there are some fixes/upgrades coming

That's good news Inkompetent :)

Edited by vasmkd

The Hinds will get some love in the next patch. Don't dare saying more than that without explicit permission though, but there are some fixes/upgrades coming :)

Yay! Hopefully it will be good news for all the helicopters! Let the speculations begin... :p

If this is true one of the biggest annoyances of ArmA II will finaly find a solution. Now all it needs it softer AK-74 recoil and a lot of guys will be very happy...oh and a working second seat to the L-39 and a working third seat to the Landrover M2...all mentioned seats show on the models but serve no function.

Edited by Beagle

vasmkd- in short we need Mi-35 or Super Hind :D

That would make for a nice Christmas present. :inlove:

That would make for a nice Christmas present. :inlove:
Well so a Mil Mi-28 would be too.

Mods are no solution for me. Try to connect to a sever not allowing any mods (because mods are a wide open door for cheats and hacks) and you know why.

Yeah, I should have known better. I don't play mp so I use anything and everything I want in the editor.

I do agree a default fix is necessary for anything to be fair.

Some information about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mi-24

Yakb 12,7 - its heavy machinegun, have 4000-5000 rpm firing speed. Uses 12,7x108 round, like DShK, and not explodes, its like heavy minigun. In Arma 2 its uses 3 rounds for burst, but i saw only 1 bullet.

Some info about AT2 as Falanga...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3M11_Falanga

Speed: 150–170 m/s

Max range: 2.5 km

Time to maximum range: 17 seconds

Guidance: Radio command MCLOS

Warhead: 5.4 kg HEAT 500 mm vs RHA

Some information about it.

Based on the link attacked what version of the AT-2 is in the game as the later vserios have up tp 4Km range etc. surly they would be using the lastest version of such an old missle.

Based on the link attacked what version of the AT-2 is in the game as the later vserios have up tp 4Km range etc. surly they would be using the lastest version of such an old missle.

i think takistani army have not newest versions of this rockets. oldest rocket got a 2.5 km max range. but if give them 4km shooting range as lastest versions its will be not bad. Because rockets Falanga now in arma useless against any targets - have only 500m un\ effective range in game now.

I checked that addon of mi24 fixing - greatest scan radar, but most servers blocking me when i try to connect and it doesnt work with Mi-24D of taki army. So, its will be better if BIS fix mi24 in next Arma2 and AO patch.

Edited by Pipetka

If this is true one of the biggest annoyances of ArmA II will finaly find a solution. Now all it needs it softer AK-74 recoil and a lot of guys will be very happy...oh and a working second seat to the L-39 and a working third seat to the Landrover M2...all mentioned seats show on the models but serve no function.

With all due respect, You forgot the Stryker MGS

still missing Commander, Fire-Control and Gunner's M240

Would be nice to see an upgraded Stryker MEV too:

1. Driver, already in.

2. Commander, kind of medics position in the back. If medic, can still heal those in the cargo.

3. 4 cargo slots, where the patients are lying on stretchers (similar as M113 ambulance)

How do Strykers, AKs and Albatroses apply to Hind? :D

If I could suggest something about Mi-24 and OA, it would be adding UPK-23 pods for pilots of Mi-24D and Mi-24V instead of inner rocket pods, similar way it is done with AH-6J. IRL, pilot controls all the unguided weapons except of iron bombs but can eventually take control of flex gun.

Less rockets, more various weapons = more interesting combat.

Also there are several model bugs/issues present ATM:

- one of artificial horizons wasn't working IIRC

- main rotor selection overlaps rotor shaft selection

- front cockpit glass ineffective at stopping small arms fire (mentioned probably)

- no texture in one of LODs

- pilots of Mi-24Vs and Mi-24Ps should be equipped with HUD, not simple colimator

Edited by zGuba

How do Strykers, AKs and Albatroses apply to Hind? :D

If I could suggest something about Mi-24 and OA, it would be adding UPK-23 pods for pilots of Mi-24D and Mi-24V instead of inner rocket pods, similar way it is done with AH-6J. IRL, pilot controls all the unguided weapons except of iron bombs but can eventually take control of flex gun.

Less rockets, more various weapons = more interesting combat.

Also there are several model bugs/issues present ATM:

- one of artificial horizons wasn't working IIRC

- main rotor selection overlaps rotor shaft selection

- front cockpit glass ineffective at stopping small arms fire (mentioned probably)

- no texture in one of LODs

- pilots of Mi-24Vs and Mi-24Ps should be equipped with HUD, not simple colimator

Gun pods would be great.. especially on the p model :P

Gun pods would be great.. especially on the p model :P

To be honest, BIS Mi-24P is already equipped with twin 30mm cannon. IMO it is versatile enough, carrying long range cannon, FFARs, ATGMs and iron bombs. Plus, it would probably cause troubles to some ideas about Mi-24P improvements (not related directly to weapons!). I would rather equip them with 2 R-73s on outer pylons and 40 S-8 rockets on inner pylons instead of bombs, leaving Ataka missiles untouched. (Equipping it with cannon pods is like taking wood to forest).

However Mi-24D and V lack that kind of difference:

- 2x twin ATGM pods on wingtip pylons (Falanga pretty useless),

- 4x rocket pods on inner and outer pylons (enough to destroy castle),

- YakB-12.7 machine gun using dedicated Duplex ammo (twin cores - 8000-10000 bullets per minute! Suitable rather against cars and soldiers than anything armored. However I saw Afghan Mi-35s loading 4xAP/1xAPI-T ammo belts - pretty same that are used with land vehicles, and that can be modeled quite well within game's abilities).

In A2 I have never witnessed Hind running out of rockets before getting shot down, due to two reasons:

- well aimed FFAR salvo is usually enough to destroy infantry squad,

- there's lack of effective weapons against light armor, so the gunship just flies around them wasting FFARs - until it crashes or gets shot down.

That's why I think the YakB equipped models should get UPK-23 pods at the cost of inner FFAR pods. There could be other variants as well, but I see this as most suitable for ArmA2.

Edited by zGuba