Sign in to follow this  
Militant1006

Pboing a mission

Hi guys, i'm wondering how do you Pbo a mission? I have a mission i want to release, but i'm not sure how to change it from the mission folder with the sqm. to a Pbo file, i have tried to use BinPbo but i have failed miserably, any help appreciated.;)

Open the mission in editor, go to "SAVE" then choose SP-Missions or MP-Missions instead of User-Missions.

Save the mission and close ArmA2. Open your ArmA2 main folder and open the missions or mpmissions folder...there you can see your .pbo !

Thanks Wiggum, i've got it working so all I need to do is upload it.

EDIT: How do you upload a mission?

Edited by Militantsausage

Ok Pete i actually have a second mission ready aswell, so hopefully i will get the two missions out in a few days. Thanks for the help.;)

I use Eliteness, by the way i will probably make a thread in the User Missions soon, i am however going to finish the rest of my missions before i release them, and then i will update them eventually.

Hello. For some reason when I

Open the mission in editor, go to "SAVE" then choose SP-Missions
it only PBOs the mission itself and doesn't save the other SQF into PBO. Do I have to move the SQF scripts from my missions folder from editor and put them within the Single-player folder with the PBO or is there something messing up? Any Idea? First mission that I'm trying to release so any help would be great.

Exporting file only packs the mission folder, and it packs the whole mission folder. So any photoshop master files (some files may corrupt the pbo) or any notes files you don't want to share should be removed. And never rely on master scripts folder to do any mission work, always use and refer to a script file within the mission folder itself.

If you use the master script folder technique (I don't myself), the best solution is to rename the external script folder so the mission can't find them. I suggest using the external script folder for nothing else than debugging scripts. I tend to include them with the mission though, but remove them for any final releases.

Well I have my briefing and init script in the main mission folder without any sub-folder. IE Theres the briefing.html, briefing.sqf and the init.sqf along with the mission.sqm. But when I export to single-player missions none of the tasks, notes, anything like that are there. My question is how do I export it and retain those things? I'm fairly new to mission making and exporting for public use.

No need to sign the mission (correct me if I'm wrong here), as the client will download the mission automatically if it is not the same as what he has in his MP mission cache.

@SigintArmA:

If all the files are there, then it sounds more like a mission/script problem than an issue with the exporting (and external scripts). If you don't know what I'm talking about wrt external scripts, disregard everything I've said. Wasn't trying to confuse you :)

Try putting a diag_log command in with the tasks and see if it outputs anything. Example:

diag_log format ["Debug at %1, %2 seconds after start. Player==player: %3", daytime, time, player==player];

If player==player shows up with false, it means that the player had not entered the game when tasks was given to him, which will not work. A common solution to this problem is to start such sensitive scripts from a trigger whose condition is player==player, on act: 0 = [] execVM "tasks.sqf" instead of directly from the init.sqf.

Another option is this:

[] spawn {

waitUntil{player==player};

[] execVM "tasks.sqf";

};

but from within init.sqf. A spawned process is allowed to do sleep and waitUntil commands, you can not use these directly from within the init.sqf scope itself.

Folder structure should be i.e.:

Yourusername\missions\co26_DominOA_2_54A2_West_OA.Takistan\

with all the relevant files under that directory.

The pbo will be put under and names i.e.:

...path...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\SPMissions\co26_DominOA_2_54A2_West_OA.Takistan.pbo

and if you depbo that pbo, it should contain precisely the files you had under its working directory.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

1. It's a Single-Player mission. So if you feel like cheating by yourself thats your own deal

2. I have BI Tools. Which one do I use to PBO it? The only thing that seems to relate to PBOing something is to PBO addons. (Atleast thats what the BinPBO readme tells me)

Again. The mission isn't Multi-player. It's a SINGLE player. Meaning one player and the rest are AI. Just so theres no more confusion like above. Thank you.

---Edit after seeing CarlGustaffa---

Right. That just got me more confused then ever before on mission making o_o I'm sorry haha XD That just made me confused >_< Haha, and I thought I was so close to finished T_T

Edited by SigintArmA

So you can sign your mission, this allows servers to verify file signatures and cuts down on cheating.

Sign your mission?

I have BI Tools. Which one do I use to PBO it?

Oh.. :p No need for that. Just click "save as, then export as single player mission" and the pbo is automatically created under ...path...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\SPMissions\Yourmissionname.Takistan.pbo

You only need additional tools to de-pbo it (or manual pbo'ing, but don't worry about that for now). Download kegetys tools (Arma tools, cpbo v2.12 or later) if you need them, at least check them out.

Ah-ha! I found my problem! I still had my tasks SQF named briefing and that was the bug. Ehg I am such a fool. Thank you for the heads up on future work! I'll be sure to check those commands for later! :)