Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH Hk416 pack 1.2 for OA / CO

Hey guys

First of all let me tell you your weapons packs are awesome, making Arma2 closer to perfection.

However, I have a minor issue with the weapons. I'm using the latest patches for A2 and OA (1.59) and ACE.

When I'm using RH silenced weapons (M4, HK416, Scar, Masada), front handgrip silenced M4 or some ACE weapons with SD mags , the rifles shoot too high. For exemple to shoot a soldier standing 30 feet away in the head, I have to aim the bottom of his chest. The RH Mk18 pack doesn't have this problem though. I've made some tests and it seems it comes from the magazines. When using standard mags, the rifles shoot perfectly but of course the enemies hear me more easily. And when using non suppressed weapons with SD mags, there is the same problem. Is it a feature of your addons to compensate bullet drop of subsonic ammunitions or do I have a problem?

Does anyone have an idea? It's a pity that I cannot use these weapons for my stealth SP missions.

And besides, do the enemies hear you less easily when using suppressed weapons with standard mags than with non suppressed weapons?

Thanks for your help.

Check your zero distance.

Consider that a silenced weapon fires a round with much lower muzzle velocity than an unsilenced weapon.

You have zeroed your weapon for 200 metres or so, for example. At 200 metres, a round will strike directly at the point of aim. If the bullet strikes anything closer than 200 metres, its point of impact will be above your point of aim. Likewise, if the bullet strikes anything beyond 200 metres, its point of impact will be below the point of aim.

targetshooting3.gif

To shoot a soldier 30 feet away (10 metres), you will have to aim significantly lower than normal to headshot him. If you aim at his head, your round will go over.

To minimise this effect, set your zeroing distance as close to the target as possible. If doing CQB, as low as possible.

Hi RH,

Any chance of adding some Camo HK416's/417's in the future to this pack?

Thanks for your reply Cameron

I'm aware of that but when using standard mags, even at 30 feet, the bullet hits where you place the red dot so why not the SD mags?

Moreover, we can't choose the zeroing distance on rifles with Eotech, Aimpoint and the like or have I missed something?

I've tried to use supersonic ammo with suppressed weapons. The bullet hits where you aim but the enemy locates you in around 6 seconds even if he is 500 feet away. I know suppressors don't make weapons silent but I find it a little exaggerated. There is no interest to use suppressors with supersonic ammo in this game.

The Eotech and Aimpoint have fixed zeroes, exactly what they are I have no idea.

The difference in striking point could be explained by lower ammo velocity.

Because the silenced ammo is lower velocity than standard rounds, the height of the parabolic arc is exaggerated (i.e. the round will travel higher on its path to the zeroing point to compensate for its lower initial speed). Therefore it will still strike higher at closer ranges.

This is probably the only explanation I can give. Might have a look into it tomorrow and see to what degree it happens. Got any example weapons where it happens?

Regarding the enemy detecting you - could be a config problem. Maybe if you tell the author (RH) which weapons you are having trouble with and if there are any that you believe work correctly for him to go by?

Your explanation sounds correct to me but there are weapons which hit where you aim in close range like the RH Mk18s. I have problems for almost all the other addon weapons (Scar, HK416,...), even when I play a vanilla class like the US Army Special Forces Operator (silent). As for the exaggerated detection by AI it seems it is with all the weapons and I precise that with SD mags they don't hear me even if I'm relatively close to them.

TL;DR

i just look the picture and ... well yeah, it's just a AG36 but with an other form, same term of use, same reloading, same ammo ... front grip on a GL ? no way

no need to waste time on a simple copypasta with a different texture and model

but yeah that's not my weapon pack so i let robert hammer choose what he want

It is based on the AG36, but there are a few visual differences, the most obvious one being the shorter barrel.

Here's a little something - better configs for ACE:

http://www.alphasquad.net/arma/mod/@asr_rh_aceconfigs-v1.zip

- ACE recoils, accuracy, dexterity, weight, bipods, velocities, magazines, the new scope reticles (when enabled in ACE) and all AI shooting features.

- Where available, sounds are inherited so sound mods built for ACE will have effect on this.

- Compatible with the original config classnames (should not break any missions).

- Requires ACEX.

Very important: must be loaded after Robert Hammer's addons.

Example: -mod=@RH_HK416;@asr_rh_aceconfigs

Is there no way to add the RH HK416 pack as a dependency so that loading order doesn't matter? Many game launchers are unaware of such things and even if they are users don't really know how to make them use it properly, and will launch stuff in a random order.

Is there no way to add the RH HK416 pack as a dependency so that loading order doesn't matter? Many game launchers are unaware of such things and even if they are users don't really know how to make them use it properly, and will launch stuff in a random order.
Isn't really possible because Robalo choose to replace the complete config addon due to class inheritance adjustments - current method is the cleanest way to accomplish it.

SU supports dependency management, should be excellent for the task, just need to get it hosted there (or anyone on a custom repos) once mature :)

What Sickboy said.

I did the new ACE configs from scratch and needed to set up the inheritance different to achieve maximum ACE compatibility.

If you remove the original config (rh_hk416_cfg.pbo) then the order does not matter.

Thanks for this nice little present, Robalo_AS.

Much appreciated.

Edited by Tisman

Sounds good, thanks.

Now will the weapons have ACE or RH sounds? Will the ACE weapons have ACE or RH sounds (where applicable)?

Thank you Robalo

This file solved the problem I'm talking about in this thread on the previous page (weapons used with SD mags don't shoot where you aim), but only for the RH HK416 of course. The HK416 with Stanag SD now shoot correctly.

Is it possible to know how to modify other weapons addons (ACE, RH M4...) the same way?

Or does anybody have an idea about the way to fix it?

The strange thing is that a few months ago everything was fine with all the addons and when I reinstalled Arma II OA two weeks ago it appeared. I tried to play with the older patches and without ACE but no effect. This is seriously getting on my nerves.

Thanks

sounds good, thanks.

Now will the weapons have ace or rh sounds? Will the ace weapons have ace or rh sounds (where applicable)?

rh :(

Sounds good, thanks.

Now will the weapons have ACE or RH sounds? Will the ACE weapons have ACE or RH sounds (where applicable)?

As already posted, in my config, sounds are inherited from ACE where available.

So in that case, they will be from ACE or any sound mod that replaces ACE sounds. Otherwise, RH sounds, so:

HK416, HK416 SD, HK417, M203 - ACE sounds

HK417 SD, AG36, ACR, Masada, TAR21 - RH sounds

Hope this isn't considered thread necro, but... how about this baby?

While the "unique" stock is probably cosmetic for game purposes, it's got a 9 inch barrel and "special" iron sighs to cowitness with the Aimpoint (CompM4 is cited in the video).

@ Robalo

The Link to your HK Configs are down. (404 Error).:(

EDIT : Ahh,Mate, i believe i´m Drunk. Got it over SU...

Edited by Humvee28

@ Robalo

The Link to your HK Configs are down. (404 Error).:(

EDIT : Ahh,Mate, i believe i´m Drunk. Got it over SU...

Good I pulled that old version then :)

Made my own thread about those configs, latest version can be found there.

EDIT: never mind, i found the solution :)

Edited by c4p1t4l

Guys could you help me? i keep getting an error message. It says "Picture \rh_hk416\inv\hk416 not found" but it let's me open the ammo crate, and once i take any gun arma crashes

*****REQUIREMENTS*******

Working installation of Armed Assault 2 Operation Arrowhead / CO: Version 1.04 or higher.

:rolleyes:

*****REQUIREMENTS*******

Working installation of Armed Assault 2 Operation Arrowhead / CO: Version 1.04 or higher.

:rolleyes:

doesn't steam update regularly?

Hope this isn't considered thread necro, but... how about this baby?

While the "unique" stock is probably cosmetic for game purposes, it's got a 9 inch barrel and "special" iron sighs to cowitness with the Aimpoint (CompM4 is cited in the video).

part 2 of that convinced me to buy the hkmr556a1. Now if only I had the extra 3k lying around.

I'm having a small issue with ammo for the 417. When i add this magazine RH_20Rnd_762x51_hk417 into an ammo crate it turns it into 20 rnd. 417 mag. (118LR) which will not load into the weapon for some reason. However if i add it onto a unit's inventory it keeps it as 20 rnd. 417 mag. which work fine. I am running ACE, ACEX and Robalo's ACE configs. Can someone help me out?

I'm having a small issue with ammo for the 417. When i add this magazine RH_20Rnd_762x51_hk417 into an ammo crate it turns it into 20 rnd. 417 mag. (118LR) which will not load into the weapon for some reason. However if i add it onto a unit's inventory it keeps it as 20 rnd. 417 mag. which work fine. I am running ACE, ACEX and Robalo's ACE configs. Can someone help me out?

Use ACE compatible mags for the HK417:

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/config/ACE_HK417_Base?version=59