Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

If it is to be a Czech language, so there are couple mistakes.

Otherwise the island looks very pretty and I can't wait for the official release.

Probably the most beautiful island in to Arma 2. ;-)

If it is to be a Czech language, so there are couple mistakes.

I know, I'm Czech myself, but the language on Taviana is not Czech. I was talking about the alphabet used on Taviana.

For anyone whos interested:

Basically Czech and Polish was written in the alphabet that Poland still uses now, but in the 15th century Jan Hus updated the old alphabet and created the Czech alphabet which we use now. The new Czech and old Polish alphabet was also used by Ljudevit Gaj, to create Gajica which is used to write the Croatian language and a variant of that is used to write Slovene.

Anyway 'nough of the history, I'm going to work on Taviana :tongue:

Holy shit, this is very detailed.

I hate Chernarus just because every town and city except Chernogorks are all nearly the same.

The first post of this thread has been updated!

Go to the first post of this thread (http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1719118&postcount=1) To read about some history of Taviana and other interesting stuff.

You can also find the progress I'm making on the beta at the end of the first post of this thread. :smile:

Wow, that's excellent. There is no excuse for mission makers getting the back story wrong now!

Well done indeed - I can't wait to see this island.

Is this map as insanely detailed as it looks? lol

Yep yes.gif

Btw guys, more screenies and a map of how much progress I've made so far comming soon.

Thanks.

Also, does this map have a big airport?

Another thing, will the AI be able to follow and stay on the roads correctly? I know it won't be perfect because of the BIS engine, but still, you know what I mean. The four lane roads though.....that's what I'm especially wondering about.

Edited by Alkar Cammer

This is looking awesome you mentioned in the tu95 thread that youd like to fly it around your map,are you having a proper large airport with hangars to house that beast?

Thanks.

Also, does this map have a big airport?

Another thing, will the AI be able to follow and stay on the roads correctly? I know it won't be perfect because of the BIS engine, but still, you know what I mean. The four lane roads though.....that's what I'm especially wondering about.

+

This is looking awesome you mentioned in the tu95 thread that you’d like to fly it around your map, are you having a proper large airport with hangars to house that beast?

There will actually be 2 or 3 airports on the island (2 for sure and maybe the 3rd one too), one will be on the main island with a decent amount of space and 1 or 2 runways and a second much larger airport on the second island which will definitely have enough space for the TU95 as it will be a military airport with lots of open space.

The third airport might be a simple flat patch of land for small aircraft like Cessnas but I don't know if I will find a place for it.

The airports will also have custom buildings.

Anyway here is the definite location of the first airport:

dh3uzitzz873ir7uy7p_thumb.jpg

And the second airport (don't mind the straneg colour):

x7nokfn7sicarii3tr_thumb.jpg

This is one of the most innovative approaches to creating an island that I have seen in a long time, I'm always eager to see more progress and am pleased with what you've done so far!

Sila detailu a citu pro tento ostrov je neuveritelna. ;)

What about the roads, though? Will the AI be able to follow them correctly? Especially if there are four lane roads.

is this mod no longer being updated on armaholic? or is it just dead?

Its not dead, I just haven't had time to work on it for a while, but I'm back on it and I will post some updates later ;) Be patient please :)

are you close to posting an update on the recent work or if not just the confirmation that your still working would make me happy thanks!

Martin posted in the One just b4 yours that he was working on it, do you want him to repeat himself? Seriously...

Fear not, updates comming in a few days good.gif

Edited by -Martin-

Looking Good -Martin-, I love the detail behind the island, adds so much more to the immersion.

Bring on the updates!

Amazing work -Martin-. I have to agree with sv5000 the details look fantastic. I like to see that you decide to create the island so varied :thumb:

So gentlemen, the time has finally come! New screenshots!

Sorry for taking so long but I was very busy on the island, after this there won't be much to show anymore because all I will be doing is fixing up models and getting ready to release the beta.

So let's get started:

This is a statue beside Tavianas University of science and mechanics, based on the GDR (DDR) coat of arms.

5q8t8ocmwjd15fek1d2g_thumb.jpg

If you ever want to buy a Lada, Zastava, Å koda or any other Eastern Bloc car, this is the place to come! The national auto saloon in the capital of Taviana.

ogz0xhp8zyhsd0rmamrs_thumb.jpg

This is a memorial to Planck who passed away last year (R.I.P)

5m5v33fn4e71qa973t_thumb.jpg

The train station in Novi Bor (modern and electrified, not like Chernorus)

24qqnuezoj1ymqhikxl_thumb.jpg

A Å koda CHS4-052. Now this isn't my model, my friend found it on a Russian train simulator site, free for download with permission to use it in non-commercial projects. (Thanks to the author)

4qo7q31ablhvovqxnxtl_thumb.jpg

Some freight wagons with logs that will soon be transformed in to furniture and newspapers.

tr4ravjd8rzgkshsy4wk_thumb.jpg

Another shot of the train station in Novi Bor, and what a surprise, my coaches are there too :blush:

nhfor1xiqwwzi3vfg0g8_thumb.jpg

A W.I.P swamp beside a sewage processing plant

vtfk7jw5tx6eafds27ei_thumb.jpg

Looks like one of the drains at the plant is overflowing...

4g1c1eo4sfw2s7pvqoy0_thumb.jpg

Anyone one wanna a buy a house?

2t2v86bo7myyiipam0d_thumb.jpg

Castle ÄŒtirglav, based on fort Nehaj in Croatia (http://www.croatia.ch/zanimljivosti/images/100207/100207_clip_image002.jpg)

0q8apikkgsi5ybwektt_thumb.jpg

I bought that red Lada and took it out for a drive (note the custom traffic sign, you'll be seeing a lot more of these on the island)

iv123vh3f8yngh4tphm_thumb.jpg

So that's it... Anyone up for some Taviana Pivo?... (damn I just realised that I forgot to texture the wood with bread and salami)

u0ashdvmnxnckz6jaov3_thumb.jpg

(hope I don’t get a bollocking from the admins about this one)

20dvmactm4uen2s19e5e_thumb.jpg

Enjoy and please leave your thoughts.

Edited by -Martin-

OUTSTANDING - AWESOME!!!!.

Man can't wait to have a go at this terrain.

Thanks for all your hard work.

cheers