Sign in to follow this  
-martin-

Taviana Island for ArmA 2!

This map looks omgtastic but please add even one enterable expensive house/villa because ArmA2 has none! I love playing cops n robs but i need a nice villa for my drug baron! This is european map so if possible an estate or nicely decorated castle would be perfect :)

Haha I remember I used to like that building which was Guba's villa/hq on Kolgujev,then it made an appearance in A1.

I always used it as my base of operations,besides it was the most "decent" building in those games.In A2 I've relocated to Devil's Castle although the place could use a renovation.:p

The beta is very close now, just some finishing touches are being done. And I can also say that beta won't be anything like the final release (which, fyi, comes when it's finished).

Also about that villa, it's a communist island, everyone is equal. But there will be a castle.

Hello everyone :smile:

Taviana is making very good progress and as always we keep you guys informed about it by posting screenshots here on the forums. They say a picture can say a thousand words, so imagine how many words a video can say!

Therefore Martin and me present proudly you Taviana Public Beta Teaser. Enjoy!

Man, its got such a flashpoint feel to it. Cant wait :)

cant resisit this resembles ex-yugoslavia heheh

especially on first page

this gonna be good

great job

villa because ArmA2 has none!

you clearly have not been playing on Zargabad - it has a brilliant druglords villa in it.

------------------

beautiful work and contender for best teaser of 2011 and its only January :D

can't wait to start scripting some original Ghost Recon missions here - back to Georgia. (it has that feel to it).

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

you clearly have not been playing on Zargabad - it has a brilliant druglords villa in it.

And Panthera & Lingor, too ;)

That looks wonderfull best city I've seen in an addon island,new buildings that aren't out of place,high detail to the city and I don't know why but those railroad tracks reminded me of City 17.:)

Richard & -Martin-: can you do something about replacing the "autumn" trees with more spring like? Maybe just retexture the majority to green?

Richard & -Martin-: can you do something about replacing the "autumn" trees with more spring like? Maybe just retexture the majority to green?

Well if we replace the autumn trees with spring like trees we will loose the autumn effect which we are trying to achieve. We will have to see about that, maybe later we will make a spring version of Taviana :wink_o:

Maybe spring trees on the other island ?

Martin it look awesome.

No time to write, im on my phone but... ;)

I know the orange trees cause so much lag my PC crashes if I accidently wander into an area full of them...

I know the orange trees cause so much lag my PC crashes if I accidently wander into an area full of them...

Hmmm, I'll have a look at the orange tree model and see if I can optimise it better, if I can then we will see how it behaves in this beta, if your pc still crashes because of them I promise to replace them.

Does anyone know of any autumn nature packs for ArmA 2?

Does anyone know of any autumn nature packs for ArmA 2?

We can always make ours :smile:

Wait... are you using the standard A2 orange trees? If not disregard that post.

Yeah I'm using the standard A2 trees :biggrin: What other ones did you have in mind?

We can always make ours :smile:

True :tongue:

Hey, guys, just a quick note:

me and Martin are raising the curtain behind making of Taviana, what that basically means is that we are writing a blog. Blog which will allow us to get that extra energy drink we sometimes really need.

So, the first post is published and ready for you to read. Please notice that there are two pages :smile:

Gr8 idea Richard and Martin - its not easy to find modders who you can work with or who are thinking the same - I've only found it once in about 5 years of modding so glad to see it's working. Thanx for the blog.

Nice idea. it's sometimes good to see who's behind a project, see his/her's motivation and stuff.

We're really sorry to report a delay on Taviana's public beta. We've been very busy making and tweaking some stuff, but believe me, it is worth waiting. We will report if anything. Beta is hopefully coming this month and if not I can promise it will come this year :tounge2:

Now let me get a little bit off topic, if you don't mind, and wish you happy spring time :biggrin_o: