Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz - WIP

>_> -Flicks Dark- Don't turn into the others :P The decks fine XD Haha

But ^^ It'll be neat to test that baby out! Haha

The hulls already done thankfully. I think it just hasn't been put on yet.

@Sigint - I love the deck lol. I meant the sides of the carrier lol.

@ryguy - sounds good. Can't wait to see it.

Oh XD Hahaha sorry then :P But eh, I can deal with a plastic looking hull. It's NP :P I mean you're going to be on it so long XD So it doesn't matter too much to me ^^ Hehe more so for for a new weapon that no ones done :P

Sounds neat :) +1 for that! -Snickers- XD Haha Still can't wait to crash into the tower I mean deck, err >_> Properly use the very useless naval asset in a mission -So isn't gonna have fun crashing everything into the thing- :D

Darkhorse, after this first Nimitz release I'm gonna go back and upgrade/update the Queen Elizabeth a little bit (textures, scripts, ski ramp issue). Other than these 2 carrier's there's only one thing I'd want to make for ArmA II and not sure how useful it would be, more of a novelty thing people wouldn't really use haha.

Woah real nice looking... If only the bloody aircraft tow cart worked DOH! I was playing with the queen Liz last night And I remembered the problem that when you land in some planes the landing gear likes to fold up when you touchdown.... Anyway love seing the progress on this project. Good luck man!

That was a joke JDog. It stemmed from the "fully armed and operational battlestation" phrase, and from the fact that now that you've done a floating runway all that's left is a flying airbase.

(My fault. I was thinking floating in the air AKA flying with that first comment.)

:)

Now we need the C130 rocket assist system for carrier landing / takeoff! Looking great, can see us having good fun with this, people bringing aircraft up in the lifts etc.

That was a joke JDog. It stemmed from the "fully armed and operational battlestation" phrase, and from the fact that now that you've done a floating runway all that's left is a flying airbase.

(My fault. I was thinking floating in the air AKA flying with that first comment.)

:)

Just add a setPos +10000 onto the Nimitz would be a solution :)

wolfbite, the towing tractor does work if you put it on the carrier :) I incorporated rundll.exe's "generic towing script" into it. It works fine on the carrier deck/hangar bay. Really helps for backing planes onto the elevators haha. It works for most of the default BIS planes and the F14. Mission-makers can probably easily add new planes for it to work for, but too much work for me to download every plane addon just to figure out the classnames for the small chance someone uses it. This thing:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88785

Darkhorse, even so, google isnt helping me find this "floating airstrip" you speak of :(

Kremator, uhh... I think if you try to manually set the altitude of the carrier your game will crash. Sorry lol. <- not kidding, at least, it does for me.

There's been a small "bug/issue" with the carrier since I started making it that I'm going back to today to see if I can remedy. More of a nuisance than a bug, may have noticed in some videos, but whenever you're on the carrier, there's always a distance display in the middle of the screen. Its weird.

I'm guessing I just missed something funny :(

Probs where the webmasters put a shocker image when you hotlink a photo. That can be embarrassing.

1) That "Valiant" link is actually a really awesome thing haha. No place for it in ArmA, but still awesome.

2) ...it's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery close. I have to write the section for mission-makers in the readme explaining how to set up the briefing room, animations, etc, then binarize the model aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... make some fancy little release post. But I have class in the morning so... tomorrow evening (PST) at the earliest. The day is finally here!

Was waiting the whole day for this!!!!!:yay: Any chance of testing it tonight??:D