Sign in to follow this  
JDog

USS Nimitz - WIP

its a good job , but go more into detail. soundeffects are most in the mids (mono). follow the sounds with automation in stereo according to the moving sound sources. use eq to form the frquencies , reverbs to make it sound bigger. pitchshift/double the voice that it sounds cooler and and and ;)

doing sounds to a video is really fun. what program do you use ??

did you do the music by yourself ??

don´t know if my pm got to you. i try it this way. as i wrote in my post how to make it better so here is an example what i meant. its easy to write what you can make better, so i decided to make an own version.

its not really finished (a few fx are missing) but if you want the single fx-tracks (there are 50 audiotracks) you can have them for your d-audioclass. together with your voices and screams it would fit even better ;) just write a pm if you wanna have them.

here is my version:

(music is selfmade;) )

sorry about the german-english...

Edited by themaster303

Any news on this mod?

me and my friend are really looking forward to this great addon!

How many more times we must say that bumping threads asking for news is not allowed here?

Use your common sense and think about this: If there would be any news, don't you think JDog would post about them here?

sorry i was not aware of this, thanks for the warning.

I did read the rules, I will look again to be sure, thanks mate (hope that don't sound sarcastic as I do actually care)

Edited by hetsar

I respect you for taking on such a task. And I'm certenly loving this mod already, but do you think the final mod will come with F-18 superhornets?

ANZAC Mod is doing a Rhino

Also RACS has another one (or maybe it's the same model) methinks.

Anyway, stay on topic

Nimitz class CVN

It will be released WID (When It's Done)

Hellooooo woooorld!

K I'm done making a jackass out of myself and not responding to this thread lol. During finals and stuff in December I just fell out of working on this and it got to the point of constant "i'll work on it again soon" haha. I seriously have like ADHD or something when it comes to personal projects, can't stick with one for too long without mixing it up.

Anyway, back to work. Got the deck-edge walkways and railings textured, almost have the hangar floor textured with some contributions from ryguy. Today I modeled in the catapult control pod. Tomorrow I need to look into rvmats and how to make glass (so this thing's islands dont look crappy like my brit carrier), both for the ccp and also so I can do the island texture. If anyone wants to PM me in the right direction please feel free, I'm looking to make reflective/opaque glass for now.

Catapult Control Pod (untextured)

So yea, sorry for the absence/laziness of posting on my part... won't do that again until its released at least in some form. Right now the plan is to get everything that's already modeled textured, make sure scripts work best I can, and release a beta for feedback (will probly just work with ArmA II first since thats what I started it on, then I'll try to make it for OA).

Oh and no, no planes are coming out "with" this addon. The carrier is all I'm making.

PS/unrelated: Sanctum is a pretty good movie if anyone's involved in climbing/scuba/the sort I'd recommend checking it out, comes out Friday. I do canyoneering myself, so I had to go see it by default (luckily got into an advanced screening). Pretty serious stuff in that movie!

Looks good man. Good Job :) :cool:

Realy looking forward. IF you have more screenshot of that beatuy, I think we all would enjoy seeing some :).

Keep us posted please :)

Oh and no, no planes are coming out "with" this addon. The carrier is all I'm making.

What! What!! .... just the Nimitz ..... geez I'm disappointed ;)

Keep up the great work.

yeah!!! finaly a response man!

nice to hear that you are still working on it, i wish the guy that was working on the C-17 would come back too....

anyways, cant wait for it :D

What?!

you're releasing JUST an aircraft carrier? How dissapointing. :(

I keed I keed. :D

Is the deck texture final? Seems bit low-res compared to BIS' LHD.

Of course this is in a whole new scale, so I presume it has something to

do with that.

The deck texture is final, but idk might be updated eventually. The ship is 1/3 of a km in length, its hard to make a texture that won't look pixelized for it. From end to end the texture was made on a canvas 16,384px long... my computer didn't like that lol, was slooooow to edit.

But yea I just wanna get a textured ship and working flight deck right now then I'll let you guys play with it. Any updates after that will be nice-to-haves, like normal maps (which I haven't had much practice with yet) and other systems.

Will people be able to enter the island to control the launches? Sorry, I didn't see it in former posts in case someone has asked previously.

Update, Elliot Carver directed me to a nice tutorial for glass, so I got the pod textured and such:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JumpDog/3d%20models/arma%20carrier/arma22011-02-0214-55-01-44.jpg?t=1296687375

Raptor 6, no, at least not initially. I had actually thought previously of making seperate versions of the carrier, one that would be like all automated and one for clans/groups who wanted a more "everyone has a job" experience haha (catapult officer, weapons/munitions transporter, tow driver, etc). That's gonna take a good bit of extra scripting though, right now I just gotta make sure everything works for the average player who most likely wont have enough friends on to operate everything.

So right now, the catapults are activated from the pilot seat.

I was just thinking Are you going to have an area where it will reload You'r plane and another where it will refuel? And maybe a workshop downstairs that repairs? Heh Just a thought... Looking forward to this bro. Godspeed

The deck texture is final, but idk might be updated eventually. The ship is 1/3 of a km in length, its hard to make a texture that won't look pixelized for it. From end to end the texture was made on a canvas 16,384px long... my computer didn't like that lol, was slooooow to edit.

But yea I just wanna get a textured ship and working flight deck right now then I'll let you guys play with it. Any updates after that will be nice-to-haves, like normal maps (which I haven't had much practice with yet) and other systems.

Are the white lines and caution strips part of the same pavement texture or seperate?

Wolfbite, yes. In fact I think the very first post mentions that. Might just be a simple "zone" on the deck somewhere where you park and get totally refitted, idk yet. Getting up/down the elevators with your plane is... an interesting affair lol. It really needs two people just about, one in a tow tractor, since you can't drive your plane in reverse.

NodUnit, they are on the same. Tiling the base texture and then putting the stripes on top of that wouldn't work for me before, as from the air the stripes and everything on top would flicker in and out as the game couldn't really judge which was closer. ryguy is touching up the deck texture though so its looking a little better.

Here, left side is the new texture (which might not be done yet, idk, but it really does break up the noise)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JumpDog/3d%20models/arma%20carrier/arma22011-02-0219-43-50-52.jpg?t=1296754070

Edit: The interior of the upper island wont be accessible on first release anyway probably (cuz nothing's up there yet), but I'm not sure what to do with the interior glass. I think its just a rendering issue in the game where you cant see water looking through semi/transparant textures? I could just take them out, and it would look fine, except it wouldn't look like windows were there at all from the inside.

Edited by JDog

Darn thats a shame, was hoping raising the pieces little by little would get rid of the Z fighting but can't have it all, on the other hand the deck texture looks great for something so stretched I must admit :)

As per the window..that could be the alpha bug, iirc you have to "cut" the model out from the window then place it again..or it's the other way..basicly one being dominant over the other, the alpha cutting through everything else on the model.

Not sure I understand that one :P The windows on the island are a separate named selection than the walls and everything else.

Anywho... just adding a little more detail here and there for stuff I can think of around the deck. This one's for the more clumsy of us... I'll probably give it a geometry LOD and animate it later tonight, so that they come up when the elevator goes down, and vice versa.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JumpDog/3d%20models/arma%20carrier/arma22011-02-0313-42-46-48.jpg?t=1296769458

your water issue is an alpha sorting bug. Select your window texture in the P3D and try moving it to the top or bottom.

guard cables in action:

Next on the list: Get the hangar bay (and other interior) floor and walls textured. After that its just refining scripts to make sure they work, then I can let you guys play with it finally while I continue to add to it. Oh yea and I gotta figure out shadow lods.

Things that probably *won't* be in the first beta for it:

• defensive turrets (want to try doing them differently than I did on the QE)
  • island control room wont be accessible (nothing in it yet, to see or do)
  • i'll try to make sure the catapults and arresting cables work on multiplayer, but no promises right away, mp scripting isnt a strong point with me
  • no small boat launching/retrieval

idk what to do with repair/rearm/refuel... guess i'll just make a small "zone" on the deck where you can do all that

Edited by JDog

Have you checked this out? Maybe you can implement this into the Nimitz.

The problem with that, Meatball, is that for being able to do that you have to add the Nimitz to all existing maps and then edit accordingly the ILS class in all maps, so for that you would have to create a new version of the map.

Alternatively, you could create an alternative config with secondary airports added to be used with specific missions where we have set the nimitz in a particular position.

OR

Talk to Mando so he enables again his scripting magic. He did an scripting system to make planes land and take off wherever you wanted

@JDOG

Really looking forward for the first release. Looks really good. Hope you get the arresting and catapult functions working in MP, otherwise it could be a little difficult to get those birds in the air and back on deck :D

Are the arresting cables working on every aircraft? No special Arresting-Hook codeline in the config needed?

The Guard Cables looks good.

The possibility for working ILS/TACAN system in future versions would be great. AI able to land by them self and park it would rock.

Little bit OT, but is there a Hornet or preferably a Super Hornet in the making by any other modding team than ANZAC which shut down the development of the super hornet?