Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians At War - Combined Ops

The pack has 18 slots available

Edited by [XDF]Kanga

Awesome!! Is there any way I can get this mod without having to go through YAS? I'd prefer to just download it from some other file host/mirror.

If you have a look in the XML files in the YAS autoconfig in the first post, you can probably work out where to download the files from manually. I'm not going to be specific though, in respect of the AAW team's decision that people should use YAS to download the mod.

Download it however you want, we just figured it would be easiest to keep up with the updates through Yoma.

Hope you guys enjoy :D

Ok here let me try to explain it the best that I can. Trust me, it's really not complicated at all. It just takes a bit of fiddling/getting use to and once it's sorted you'll go, "huh....it was easy!". ;)

Anyways, assuming you've downloaded, installed and started Yoma up:

1) You should see a button "New Server". Press it. It'll open a new tab of sorts.

2) Look for the box that says: "Auto config URL"

3) Inside of that, copy and paste this url into that box:

http://mirror.aef-hq.com.au/~aaw/aaw_oa.7z

4) After pasting the above address inside of that space, click the button that says "Import Server" and give it a few seconds....it basically looks it up and sets everything all up for you (fills out all the server info, etc. so you don't have too--helpful to us lazy folk :p )

5) Once successful, click the "Save" button at the bottom.

6) Now look up. You should see some tabs: Server, Download Addons, and Launch Game.

7) Click on the tab that says Download Addons.

8) Now that you are in the Download Addons tab, you'll see 3 buttons on the left, 2 of which are grayed out: Check for Addons, Download Addons, Cancel. Click on Check for Addons and wait for Yoma to check the server for whatever downloads the server may ave available and compare it to your directory (it checks to see if you have it already and if you need updating or not....super helpful and handy!).

9) Now you'll notice on the left some mod folders with check boxes next to them, depending on the server you are checking. In this case there should be one: @aaw_oa. Make sure the box is checked and then click "Download Addons".

10) Now just sit and wait as the download process begins. It'll let you know when it's done.

11) Upon completion, launch ArmA with said addons and proceed to have fun. :D

Voila!

Thank you SO MUCH. I didn't realize how easy this was, people need to do a way better job explaining. How Do i use this with the ACE files?

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Any reason why Yoma would ask me to select what files to delete when I was done dling?

Download it however you want, we just figured it would be easiest to keep up with the updates through Yoma.

Hope you guys enjoy :D

Where can I download from just a mirror instead of YAS, I dont see a link or anything.

Where can I download from just a mirror instead of YAS, I dont see a link or anything.

Don't think there is any, was only saying it because if you can do what pez2k said;

If you have a look in the XML files in the YAS autoconfig in the first post, you can probably work out where to download the files from manually. I'm not going to be specific though, in respect of the AAW team's decision that people should use YAS to download the mod.

Hey guys I'm trying to download it but when I come to the part when you click on "Check for addons", I keep getting the message - gamefolder not set!

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Edited by Grunger

click on settings and tick off arma2 and OA and press detect, if that doesnt work then manually browse to the folders

Thanks for the reply.

Not too sure if this is significant but I've only got Amra2. Also in the settings, in both boxes under Arma2 both path are shown like this:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Arma2.exe

Does the path sounds right to you?

The pathes sound right how ever this mod is for Combined ops so you need arrowhead as well to get it to work

The pathes sound right how ever this mod is for Combined ops so you need arrowhead as well to get it to work

Aww mannnn!! :( I was looking forward to playing this!

Is there any good Aussie addons for just Arma2?

Cheers fella.

I'll give those a go and I'll also order OA as well.

Thanks for your help and keep up with the good work. :thumbsup:

Ok here let me try to explain it the best that I can. Trust me, it's really not complicated at all. It just takes a bit of fiddling/getting use to and once it's sorted you'll go, "huh....it was easy!". ;)

Anyways, assuming you've downloaded, installed and started Yoma up:

1) You should see a button "New Server". Press it. It'll open a new tab of sorts.

2) Look for the box that says: "Auto config URL"

3) Inside of that, copy and paste this url into that box:

http://mirror.aef-hq.com.au/~aaw/aaw_oa.7z

I'm good up to this point and I get the following message (this is after copying the link above)

YAS says:

Failed importing server details!

Please check the URL!

Cannot import table Server

EDIT: Must be the server was down because it's downloading just fine now. YAS is a terrific tool. Thanks AAW team for this terrific mod!

Edited by Sgt Mack

Updated to V004

-New f89 and mag58 Sounds (By ANZACSAS Steve)

-Altered Recoils for F88 and Mag58 to adjust for new recoils system with latest patch.

-Updated configs for Inkos disposable (Inkos disposable included)