Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality - WIP Discussion

I only support this in case that you don't do the same fucking mistake like the project leaders for BF, using a Georgian region ( Mestia ) for a combat scenario between Russians and Chechens. The same shit was done in COD MW2. It is not funny at all..... lol Anyway, looks great so far.

Edited by CommanderYuri

What are you talking about? There's civilian modules in the editor for this. What assumptions are you making that leads you to this conclusion? I can run warfare with my friends on my home computer using a client server, with civilians and all kinds of shit.

exactly!

and in addition to that everything made by BIS (civilian stuff) has been fixed and improved for MP by Wolfy.au. it can be downloaded and works really well (including civ traffic).

inform yourselfs before making wise-ass-comments.

so if PR is really intrested in ambient civilians (which would be great) contact Wolfy.au. his stuff can be added without additional addons. it's just a CA folder in the mission folder fixing default pbos.

i saw yesterday a project reality beta server =) you where testing a mission

hope soon is release ^^

There has been regular testing going on for a long while now.

There has been regular testing going on for a long while now.

And probably a lot more test sessions before public release :D ;)

Cant wait for this mod. should be awsome and i would pay for a mod like this as i know the quality of this mod outshines most £30 pc games you get nowadays

I managed to get my hands on the mod early. And it is totally awesome. So awesome I just play it by myself. Jack off, then come back and play it by myself some more. - Not really but that's probably some of your dreams.

i would pay for a mod like this

It will be free of course, its a "Mod" ....lol, but thank you for the comment.

Eagerly awaiting the next news update!

Also, do you guys have plans to include a grappling hook? Or is it very difficult with ArmA's physics?

Ah took a little break from arma and I'm returning now, I was hoping pr would be out but seems we got the next best thing here, a soon to be release date. Might extend my absence a little longer.

Also, do you guys have plans to include a grappling hook? Or is it very difficult with ArmA's physics?

It'd be difficult to do, and honestly, a gimmick that I believe most people could live without.

That's unfortunate. It would come in very handy at times in PR:BF2.

That's unfortunate. It would come in very handy at times in PR:BF2.

One of the problems with BF2 is that the majority of buildings either couldn't be entered, or there was no roof access. With ArmA 2 on the other hand, many of the structures have interiors with access to the roof from either an interior stairwell or an exterior ladder.

Rarely do modern soldiers actually carry a grappling hook, it's just too much of a hassle. Chances are though that with the buildings available now in ArmA2, and probably more to be made later on, gaining roof access shouldn't be a problem and will make grappling hooks obsolete.

Yeah, I didn't consider that most of the buildings in OA are enterable. It should be fine without it.

I only support this in case that you don't do the same fucking mistake like the project leaders for BF, using a Georgian region ( Mestia ) for a combat scenario between Russians and Chechens. The same shit was done in COD MW2. It is not funny at all..... lol Anyway, looks great so far.

Russians vs. Chechens in Mestia isn't that far-fetched.

Russia has long been hysterical about Chechen refugees sheltering in Pankisi Gorge, and has dropped bombs over the border. That's on the other side of Georgia, but Mestia is next door to the Kodori Valley in Abkhazia, a breakaway state that has seen Chechen paramilitaries take part if fighting on several occasions.

How is that a mistake? You are offended that someone might make a work of fiction based on that region? You're saying that it would be a mistake for PR: ArmA 2 to offend you, based on your personal own personal sensitivities that they can't predict or control?

How is that a mistake? You are offended that someone might make a work of fiction based on that region? You're saying that it would be a mistake for PR: ArmA 2 to offend you, based on your personal own personal sensitivities that they can't predict or control?

Well, to be fair, when people are fighting in your country, you typically want to be involved, rather than left out. I'm sure Israel vs Hezbollah in Baghdad would raise some eyebrows.

Russians vs. Chechens in Mestia isn't that far-fetched.

Russia has long been hysterical about Chechen refugees sheltering in Pankisi Gorge, and has dropped bombs over the border. That's on the other side of Georgia, but Mestia is next door to the Kodori Valley in Abkhazia, a breakaway state that has seen Chechen paramilitaries take part if fighting on several occasions.

Yeah well, Georgians did their own job to eliminate the Chechen enclave in both the Pankisi Gorge and parts of the Kodori valley without the help of Russia, when they got pressure from Moskow back in 2002. Abkhazians did the same in parts of Kodori also without any help of Russia.

It is just unrealistc. Russian troops in Mestia is the same like a decleration of war against Georgia, as long as noone requests their support in fighting terrorists in these areas, even though Russian military units do sometimes fly over Georgian airspace or coduct "common" reconassaince over the border without asking at all.

Mestia is a place of highly cultural importance.

My point is: not to blindly include regions without informing first or include them with the correct factions at least. The only possible scenario for Mestia would be: Georgians vs Abkhazians or Russians. Kodori and Mestia had strong presence of Georgian police and military forces from 2002 to 2008, now of course only Mestia.

The game is not news or a documentary.

If they can make it play as well as pf bf2, and I have as much fun, then I dont care what colours are on the pointless flags on the loading screens.

The game is not news or a documentary.

If they can make it play as well as pf bf2, and I have as much fun, then I dont care what colours are on the pointless flags on the loading screens.

So, realism goes out of the windows that easy !

But indeed Map Design became a really big issue in the last versions of the BF2:PRM. It biggest flaws were about mobility or the lack of it.

Among other small stuff.

So, realism goes out of the windows that easy !

If it's political realism, that's fine by me. I get enough of that IRL.

As long as the game is realistic, I could care less if it's the Blue Meanies against the Yellow Barge Bottoms. :yay:

Well Lugnut...in the vein of realism, I would adjust your reference to read "the Blue Meanies against the Yellow Submariners" :P