What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Ok, It's Friday and I may be being a bit stupid, but I need some clarification on how to install LJ's mods. There are a lot of downloads but I think that this is how it works...

RC1.0 is the base mod containing;

@JSRS-E

@JSRS-V

@JSRS-VW

@JSRS-W

There are then the patches...

1.0 to 1.1

1.1 to 1.2

These also contain the same @ folders as the base. This is where I am unsure...

Do I just merge the folders of each subsequent patch, or is 1.1 to 1.2 the only thing I need? Or, is there a download that just contains the latest version?

Then there is the DLC - looking at the files these should just be installed as standalone mod folders - is that correct?

Sorry for the silly question, but I want to make sure that I have installed them properly so I make the most of LJ's hard work.

Edited by Jedra
spelling error

Unless i' m mistaken, download the 1.0 version, put the mod folders inside your Arma2 Folder, modify your game sortcut accordingly, download the patches, and simply replace the old pbos by the ones from the patches. I suggest backing up the files that the patches and the dlc replace in case that you don' t like the new ones, or you will have to re extract the main pack, then the patches, etc.

I don't think that the dlc will work if you install it as a modfolder.

Hey,

Just unpack the four folder, @JSRS-E / V / VW / W ... E like environment, V like vehicles, VW like vehicleweapons and W like weapons. So now you have the four folders, than unpack the patch 1.1 and OVERWRITE the folders! Than the same with 1.2! Thats it, now you have JSRS 1.2 RC. After this, you can also install one of the DLC's like ACCN or WoodyClear, just unpack the folders from the DLC's and overwrite the existing. But there you should make backups first...

No news so far guys! I'm sry, long week, without any work on the mod. Gotta be back with some stuff soon! Be sure!

Jarhead

LJ,

Is the yoma addonsync link up to date? Or is it best for me to download them manually?

If you want to have the 1.2 RC with the patches, its may better to download it manually. Dunno if the patches included in the yoma ?!?!? Have to ask KH...

Jarhead

Hey,

Just unpack the four folder, @JSRS-E / V / VW / W ... E like environment, V like vehicles, VW like vehicleweapons and W like weapons. So now you have the four folders, than unpack the patch 1.1 and OVERWRITE the folders! Than the same with 1.2! Thats it, now you have JSRS 1.2 RC. After this, you can also install one of the DLC's like ACCN or WoodyClear, just unpack the folders from the DLC's and overwrite the existing. But there you should make backups first...

No news so far guys! I'm sry, long week, without any work on the mod. Gotta be back with some stuff soon! Be sure!

Jarhead

Great - thanks for the clarification. It's the way I had done it, I just wanted to make sure I had done it correctly. Love the BAF sounds by the way - awesome!

Hey LordJarhead,

I am currently using another sound mod but I have been hearing nothing but great things about yours.

Is this only DL needed or do you have other bits floating around that go with it?

Regards,

Grub

Hey mate,

well, just download the RC 1.0, than the two patches, install them as mentioned in past, and you´ll be fine with that ;)

There are also the DLC packeges, which brings new sounds to your game. But the RC1.2 is the BASE you need to have for the DLC`s.

So, any further questions: I`m here ;)

Jarhead

Hey mate,

well, just download the RC 1.0, than the two patches, install them as mentioned in past, and you´ll be fine with that ;)

There are also the DLC packeges, which brings new sounds to your game. But the RC1.2 is the BASE you need to have for the DLC`s.

So, any further questions: I`m here ;)

Jarhead

Cheers mate, DLing now :D

Hi everyone,

Why modules JSRS_ACE, JSRS_BAF-V, JSRS_BAF-W and JSRS_BAF-W are not available on Six Updater?

Dunno, don't worry, after 1.3 FULL everything is just JSRS. So there are no BAF folders anymore, just E W VW V and ACE... This is maybe because they where optional downloads or something.

Jarhead

uhhhh that was bad! FPDR

sry but this is a big nono

and especially because Jarhead really pointed out he will not say any release dates etc..

its done when its done!!!!!!!! :icon_bash:

so just be patient and wait it'll be worth it trust me!

Sure I can make it that way: Saying "Next Friday!" and I would have to pack alot, making signatures, checking configs, looking for duplicates on different folders, checking if each pbo at the right place, rpt, config fixes. But NO sounds. Or at least I would have to make them fast, and then we just have the simple woooooosh some of you just hear and than they all come back and saying "Yaahahhh what the fuck, there isn bad sound! This is not working! And this things sounds totally different in RL!" So fuck this stupid release thing and let me do this stuff for you with ALL the time I need, so you can have the full joyment in future Ok? GOOOOOOD

I'm done.......

Jarhead

dont take it personal but just take it as it is and wait

i know its hard ;)

Edited by PurePassion

6 months, maybe 8... I'm sry!

Right that's it! Are you trying to live your life outside of free sound mods? ;)

Ah I don't know. Like you can see, I guess not much enough! :P Well, next week I will travel back to Texas because of my work (reallifework). At the next weekend I'll be back in germany and maybe will find some time to do something else. But at least, I guess, I will just work again on the mod! Oh man, I'm such a freak ;) He he he... joking.

So here is the official Releasedate for JSRS 1.3 FULL : 01.01.2012. Hope this will get rid of all questions you had in mind people :D:D

Jarhead

what 2012 but at the 23.12.2012 the world ends ^^

so im waiting i have enough time

Well, Now Portal 2, new Need for Speed, BF3... well than the world can ends next year, we don't care any more :P

Jarhead