Sign in to follow this  
-DAN-

Citylife 2 Released

*AHEM*

While I appreciate the extensive effort and thought put into this mod, this is not my cup of tea. I would simply rather shoot people and blow stuff up than walk around acting as a mayor or civilian. I cannot understand why anyone would find it entertaining, but nevertheless, to those who do...have fun and enjoy. :ok:

And the point of that post was what?

Strange auto updater? It's yoma... since when is that considered "strange" in the armaverse?

Also the game isn't any fun without VON/TS so of course TS is mandatory.

To voice my dislike in a polite way?

Like you did in the first post I removed after the infraction?

Lame.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then stay out of it, especially if you're not interested in the Addon/Mod at all.

Cleanup, removed all the unrelated whining and bitching.

Guy LeDouche

You stated your opinion, and if this is not your cup of tea there is no need to post further in this thread.

And no, there is no such thing as "free speech" in a privately owned forum.

Like I said in the last thread, I am looking forward to playing this. But the mandatory TS3 is a little much in my opinion; most specifically for Civs.

We enjoy playing from our own TS3; and in game VoIP works when I need to communicate with other Civs. Plus it forces me to remove myself from our comms where others who are not involved in CL2 may need to communicate.

Nonetheless this mod looks very good. Cheers on the release.

Like I said in the last thread, I am looking forward to playing this. But the mandatory TS3 is a little much in my opinion; most specifically for Civs.

We enjoy playing from our own TS3; and in game VoIP works when I need to communicate with other Civs. Plus it forces me to remove myself from our comms where others who are not involved in CL2 may need to communicate.

Nonetheless this mod looks very good. Cheers on the release.

Thank you for your comments. I understand completely what your saying. Im not saying people will like the reasons iv listed below but so far they have helped so much.

We aim to be different in what we do, Organised for a start, making sure everyone is on the same wave length, with rules and procedures and what we expect. This gives everyone a better, fairer, experience on the game server.

To resolve any issues that may occur with installing the mod, especially steam users more specifically, by coming into TS you have access to players that can solve the problem as they have done it themselves or access the auto set up file for the mod.

The mod requires constant interaction with other players, if you have 40+ people in a server, some will be in groups some will be working alone, if everybody used side/global chat to discuss their game, the VON would be a shambles, nothing but people trying to shout over each other, in my opinion not very practical and highly annoying.

The Mission is also very new at this time less than 3 days old, there's tweaks that need doing,updates etc, as there is a save system in place we need to be able to inform players easily that they need to save their progress so we can perform these tasks without out anybody being in the dark about whats happening.

We are happy to set up teamspeak channels for groups of people who want to work together, pick a name and we will supply it (within reason).Once everybody knows what they are doing, and we are happy that we have reached the maximum potential of the mod we may relax the rule. But not at the moment. I hope my explanation helps somewhat.

@-DAN-

Sounds like a logical start. I am registered at the forums and will start the DL process, and hop on TS with a few friends when we are ready.

Looking forward to trying this out.

Too bad. Was very interested to take a look at it. Sadly it requires the installation of non-game-relevant 3rd party software.

Well then. Maybe later when a simple downloadlink is available. Good luck with this project, really looks interesting.

Myke;1706073']Too bad. Was very interested to take a look at it. Sadly it requires the installation of non-game-relevant 3rd party software.

Well then. Maybe later when a simple downloadlink is available. Good luck with this project' date=' really looks interesting.[/quote']

Yep my thoughts exactly. I just want the vehicles and Police Officers :o

@ [GLT]Myke & Raserisk - I take it you never got the Ace mod then - as they used Yoma and so do many Mods in the ARMA community as it's so damn good.

There will never be 1 download link as our content is 4GB ish and Yoma breaks it all down 7Z's it and unpacks it when you sync with our auto config url.

On a side note - there will be some down time today as we are upgrading our server.

@ [GLT]Myke & Raserisk - I take it you never got the Ace mod then - as they used Yoma and so do many Mods in the ARMA community as it's so damn good.

There will never be 1 download link as our content is 4GB ish and Yoma breaks it all down 7Z's it and unpacks it when you sync with our auto config url.

Although it's true that i don't use ACE2, i know the stable versions are (or were in the past, didn't checked recently) available through normal download links, also from mirrors like armaholic.com.

I also don't see the difference if 4GB where downloaded through Yoma tools or simply by a download link. Traffic is the same.

I hope as soon City Life reaches a more or less final state, you might reconsider your distribution policy.

Question: I haven't read the whole topic (just the first and the last page) and I got interested, but it seems that going to http://www.cityliferpg.com/ site gives me some kind of errors EDIT: Got them! "Warning: require_once([path]/vault/special_class_wiki.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]\includes\init.php(331) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\inetpub\vhosts\cityliferpg.com\httpdocs\f1/vault/special_class_wiki.php' (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in D:\inetpub\vhosts\cityliferpg.com\httpdocs\f1\includes\init.php(331) : eval()'d code on line 1"

hey, maybe ACRE works with this? that would be pretty fun, using radio coms and direct voice chat with ts3 for more realism, ACRE is just missing mobile phones.

Question: I haven't read the whole topic (just the first and the last page) and I got interested, but it seems that going to http://www.cityliferpg.com/ site gives me some kind of errors EDIT: Got them! "Warning: require_once([path]/vault/special_class_wiki.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]\includes\init.php(331) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\inetpub\vhosts\cityliferpg.com\httpdocs\f1/vault/special_class_wiki.php' (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in D:\inetpub\vhosts\cityliferpg.com\httpdocs\f1\includes\init.php(331) : eval()'d code on line 1"

This I can guarantee is down to us moving servers at the time you tried to access the site, all is back up and running on the forum side of things, sorry about that, but due to big interest (which is always good) we have gone all out to upgrade to a server that can offer much better performance when we have the bigger numbers in the server.

I hope you try again. Let me know if you have any more problems with your mentioned issue above.

Edited by -DAN-

hmm can't connect to TS or website. According to arma 2 server is back up.

is this mod still existing? I would really like play it!

Yes i think i saw a server called city life 2 last time i was online, but i just play on the AEF servers with the Zargabad life Mod because i am Australian, I like takistan more than chernarus and there are no addons required for Zargabad life. (if you are american you could probably get onto the baycity server, it usually has more people and is the main host of Zargabad life.

By the way i find it funny that you have been a member since october 2009 and you have only posted once. (probably going to be twice now)

Is there any chance of a USA based server going up for this or anything like that?

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Or other servers at all...

Yes i think i saw a server called city life 2 last time i was online, but i just play on the AEF servers with the Zargabad life Mod because i am Australian, I like takistan more than chernarus and there are no addons required for Zargabad life. (if you are american you could probably get onto the baycity server, it usually has more people and is the main host of Zargabad life.

By the way i find it funny that you have been a member since october 2009 and you have only posted once. (probably going to be twice now)

Nah I don`t mean the Servers, I mean the HP. I see only a white Window and nothing more. And thats bad, because I can`t download the Addons and create an Account :( .

BTW: I read more then I write (sory for my bad english, I came from Germany).

*edit*

Found the problem: My Browser Google Chrome can`t open the Citylife 2 HP, Problem solved^^!

Edited by Pliskin555
found something

is this server UK/europe based?

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

On a side note - there will be some down time today as we are upgrading our server.

i have registered in your forum so im wondering where do i download city life mod? cheers

Is there any chance of a USA based server going up for this or anything like that?

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Or other servers at all...

Yes but not yet - there is still some things we need to do before we expand like that :p

could not log into team speak.

Insufficient identity security level for this server. You need to improve your identity security level.

:facepalm: :(

Edited by jonneymendoza

could not log into team speak.

Insufficient identity security level for this server. You need to improve your identity security level.

:facepalm: :(

That happens to me when I rejoin after I loose my identity - just click upgrade security - will take 30 seconds but it will do it :yay: