Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF *OA Only* Weapons Pack 1.0

I saw this weapon pack and i knew it was a must have.:) But before i get this pack i have two questions.

1) Does this pack work with CO+BAF?

2)What is this "hand glitch"?

1) Yes

2) Basically, the L96s have a bug whereby they don't appear to sit in the players hands when viewed in first person view. They're an ancient OFP port that isn't really set up for ArmA 2.

These are awesome but I have a problem with the GPMG when using the BAF units, I'm not sure if it happens with other units but when i lie down and put the bipod out i get something on the unit getting in the way of the sight. :/

Awesome pack so far. Any chance there will be a L85A2 with RIS, SUSAT, and LLM01? BTW how do use the sight switching feature?

Edited by AMS AGENT 000

Well I think there is such a soundmod: VOPsound

It's 5.56 sounds do sound like 5.56, you should try it.

Btw. love this weapon pack + your other stuff. It's way better than what BIS is trying to sell us.

Thanks, gonna try it!

@DRoberts. Personal recommendation: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101029

Edited by Pathy

Just checked and I only have the problem with BAF units

They've probably shifted the eye memory point on the model a bit. I'll have a look at the stand-in units from the patch to see about fixing it, but if it's only present in the BAF full version there's nowt I can do at the moment as I don't have it.

Awesome pack so far. Any chance there will be a L85A2 with RIS, SUSAT, and LLM01? BTW how do use the sight switching feature?

Might do. I did have the LLM on the 3-o'clock rail on the RIS+SUSAT rifle originally, but later ditched it.

Since OA gives the LLM a purpose and I know some VCB bods are using the SUSAT'd rifle, I'll see about putting it back on (like some of the the L85s w/L123 got a LLM for the OA version)

Sight-switching is done with the / key on the NUM pad, same as it is with BIS' weapons in OA.

Thanks, gonna try it!

@DRoberts. Personal recommendation: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101029

Cheers I downloaded those too, really good but I quite like the BAF units. I think they're really well done.

@da12thMonkey. Cheers I've figured out what it is. It looks like when you zoom in on the iron sight when your lying down the camera moves to you shoulder and the camel back that most units wear has a strap that gets in the way. I tested it with a BAF unit that wasn't wearing one and it worked fine.

I think these guns are a lot better than the ones from BAF. Although I still love BIS and will continue to support them. Now i know i need CBA for the weapons to work but what exactly is CBA? I'm not sure what it does. Also between loading screens i keep seeing a black screen with the names of people in the corner.

Pathy, thanks for the detailed explaination, nice weapon pack. Could you make a pbo file to replace those BIS L85 rifles in the BAF soilder's hands with yours ?

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Now i know i need CBA for the weapons to work but what exactly is CBA? I'm not sure what it does.

The only component of CBA that the weapon pack uses is Extended Event Handlers (XEH) which basically allows you to create event handler conditions for scripts that are unique to your addons and can be limited to certain classes and those inheriting from them. This helps with compatibility with other addons that use such scripts (ACE, AAW, GMJ etc, etc).

There are loads of other functions for CBA that aren't the pack doesn't depend on directly, but are important to the overall operation of CBA (including the XEH component). Personally I'd prefer XEH to be standalone like it was in ArmA originally, but I understand why it's bundled in with the other stuff and respect that the blokes making it want it that way.

Regarding BAF replacement packs: looking at the stickied Request Thread Mr Burns, or one of the other Armed-Assault.de chaps appears to be making something along those lines. Might be worth inquiring about what's going on WRT that.

Thanks for the reply da12thMonkey! So it's normal that I'm seeing peoples names appear between loading screens and at other times?

Thats like credits for CBA or something.

That's what i thought it was too. I just wish they didn't force me to watch those all the time.

Apparently theres nothing they can do about it,just how it is! :cool:

Has anyone else noticed that on the bipod equiped weapons, ie the L86 and L7, when deploying said bipod you get an automatic reload?

EDIT: Seems to occur with the L115 as well :/

Edited by Evil_Brownie

It occurs because of a weapon model change, thus the weapon gains a new magazine. Workarounds are possible, but are difficult and time-consuming (you essentially have to code magazines with 30, 29, 28, 27, 26, etc rounds).

One of the finest weapon packs I've ever seen! Any news on the L129 Sharpshooter?

Any news on the L129 Sharpshooter?

No.

Further development of the weapons pack by UKF is effectively ceased.

The bits I was responsible for get an occasional bit of attention (not very much though), but my colleagues are pursuing other interests outside of ArmA - including the bloke who was doing the L129.

Stalker did a decent enough job on the one included in his British units pack.

Alright guys, I thought it was about time to let you know that I'm working on a fairly significant update for the UKF Weapons Pack with some help from a couple of people - without whom this update probably would never really have took off. There are still a fair few bits we need to do, but rest assured that I fully intend to get this released in the next few months.

I'll begin with a run down on what I've been doing personally:

First, I've made some modifications to Messiah's L7A2 GPMG model in order to finally get it a bit more animated, and I've added a mesh for the dovetail bracket that resides on the rear-left of the GPMG's receiver

l7a2sml.jpg

Why have I done this, you may ask? So I could stick a bloody huge sight on top of the gimpy of course! One of the main focuses of this update has been to add a new set of sights to the weapon for night fighting; something I believe is one of Op. Arrowhead's best features.

l7a2maxikitesml.jpg

The GPMG is fitted with the MaxiKITE 6× Image Intensifier (night vision) sight, using a side-folding mount that allows more comfortable reloading than would result from mounting a 1.5kg sight directly onto the feed cover, and maintains the ability to use the weapon's ironsights underneath. This sight will also be available for the L86A2 LSW, while the L85A2 will use the smaller and far more numerous member of Qioptiq's KITE family; the 4× magnification Common Weapon Sight (CWS), which has been in service with British forces since the early 1990s.

l123a2cwssml.jpg

You may recognise the appearance of the CWS from the 'AWS' in the 'ArmA 2: British Armed Forces' dlc pack, however this one is quite strictly grounded in reality - with no thermal imaging capability and an authentic sight picture.

cwskitesml.jpg

The CWS was the starting point from which this update grew - owing to a requirement for an alternative to the BAF AWS from my friends at VOLCBAT. Since then, its scope has continued to expand and a recent update saw the addition of thermal imaging sights to the pack in the form of the VIPIR-2 Light Weight Thermal imager (LWTI):

l85a2lwti.jpg

LWTI provides White Hot/Black Hot thermal optics, 2.7× magnification with additional 2× zoom (total 5.4× zoom), and backup sights for Chris' L85s. The sight picture is based on available reference images, however I've been unable to obtain a detailed account of what the reticle looks like (the sights cost about £9,000 a pop so it's not all that often blokes get to play with them) - as such it's currently based on the PAS-13 in OA. If any other serving members of HM Armed Forces can help in this regard, I would greatly appreciate it (or Aussies - IIRC we exported some to you guys).

lwtivipirsml.jpg

The VIPIR-2+ variant of the sight (3.6× magnification, again with 2× zoom) is also available for larger armaments.

I will be making another post about the superb work contributed to this update by my collaborators, very soon. But maybe you've already got some idea of what those will be. I'll leave you with one last (dark-ish) group photo: ;)

nightsml.jpg

Edited by da12thMonkey

Wow - a welcome return! Looking forward to the results of your efforts.

Héhéhé nice to see another british stuff thanks you very much ;)

Following on from my last post I will now detail the contributions being made to the UKF weapons pack by others.

While finishing off his wonderful L119A1 pack last Autumn, Lennard began working on converting the ArmA 1 sample M249 into a L110 Light Machine Gun. After seeing some of the early buldozer screen I proposed we collaborated on the project so that together we could produce a comprehensive representation of this machine gun in British service - with the full range of optics and features to complement the existing UKF weapons which sorely lacked the manageable firepower of the L110.

In the months that followed Lennard produced a truly beautiful piece of work that now features five different sight options and the full suite of features from other UKF weapons including blank-firing variants and use of norrin's bipod switching script.

smllmg.jpg smllmgacog.jpg smllmgsusat.jpg smllmgbfa.jpg smllmgcws.jpg smllmglwti.jpg

l110a2bfasml.jpg

l110a2vipirsml.jpg

The prospect of finally having a complete set of British LMGs for ArmA provided a huge boost to this project not only in the content it provides, but also in my desire to kick it into hight gear and aim for something that was suitable for a public release.

-

Finally I want to make a mention of the sterling work that Robalo is currently doing in reorganising the config for this addon.

Having watched community response to the pack since its last release and how they have produced some great plugins for the pack to get it to work with sound mods, ACE and other community content; it became apparent that I could do more to make it easier to adapt the pack by producing alternate configs.

Upon approaching Robalo for help on making a more complete ACE config, following his work on ASR/UKF/ACE config he has taken the opportunity to streamline the config in a way which should make soundmod compatibility or sound replacement, full ACE compatibility or BAF replacement; a simple matter of dropping in a small plugin file.

-

That's all for now. Hopefully the final stages of development shouldn't take too long, but things being as they are - I ask you to be a little patient. ;)