Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF *OA Only* Weapons Pack 1.0

Just for everyones information, as da12th/Jonny_Li said I had already had access to the classnames so had a config ready to go when this was released:

Link to Post with config updates

There are configs for OA and people with JUST ARMA2 (who will obviously need the other UKF weapons release w/o OA features)

Nice job on the Addon, and Thanks :D

awesome weapons! thanks for the hard work

i particularly like the ironsight weapons :) but i did notice that aiming down the sight causes the view to zoom out rather than in??? other than this OCD-like complaint :) , an awesome pack, thanks

Very awesome guys, thanks!!

Is there any plans to add the new L129A1 Sharpshooter rifle into the pack?

Thanks again for the update!

Is there any plans to add the new L129A1 Sharpshooter rifle into the pack?

Jef's doing some awesome hi-poly work for creating normal maps for just such a weapon.

Hopefully he'll drop some WIP renders of it so that you guys can see.

I have some problems with the L96s.

When i take ´em i get the message:

"cannot load texture ukf_ukweps\black_sum.pac.", there are no pictures for the magazines.

When i aim with the L96s i can see the nothing, because it´s all white. Maybe somebody can help me with that?

ps: i have those problems with all l96-variants.

Congratulations on your release guys. Really top-quality (and top-shelf) stuff! Thanks.

Khaos[=-;1703723']I have some problems with the L96s.

"cannot load texture ukf_ukweps\black_sum.pac."' date=' there are no pictures for the magazines.

When i aim with the L96s i can see the nothing, because it´s all white. Maybe somebody can help me with that?

ps: i have those problems with all l96-variants.[/quote']

Honestly mate, just sack off the L96 and download our L115 instead. The only reason the L96 was left in the crates was as Da12th has pointed out to not break anyones old missions that has it in.

L115A3 - http://www.pukf.net/forum/index.php?topic=2387.0

Khaos[=-;1703723']I have some problems with the L96s.

"cannot load texture ukf_ukweps\black_sum.pac."' date=' there are no pictures for the magazines.

ps: i have those problems with all l96-variants.[/quote']

Same issue here and for everyone else in our group. Is there any chance this will be fixed at a later date Jonny?

If you don't want to break old missions, perhaps hide the actual gun in the crates but still let it be called by classname? That way we dont have to use a broken gun, and old missions will still work fine.

As for the overall release, it's very good.

I already downloaded the L115, it fckn roxx! But i wanted to try out the L96s, too. ;D

Hehe, you're not missing much, the L96a is still the old Operation Flashpoint model - it is in there because, before we released V1.0 of the new weapons, the old OFP pack was ported, both into ArmA1 and ArmA2. So, as not to break missions people made with the old OFP port, we kept the L96a in there.

But i'm sure we'll hotfix the error at some point, even if it is an outdated model of an obscelescant rifle.

Nice weapon pack, just feel the L85 black part(such as:barrel) is too dark and without any gloss even if under a sunshine, and the sound of L85 is weird, without punchy feeling. Could you fix them?

Nice weapon pack, just feel the L85 black part(such as:barrel) is too dark and without any gloss even if under a sunshine, and the sound of L85 is weird, without punchy feeling. Could you fix them?

But thats what they sound like, the sounds are recorded from the real life weapons. As for the black parts if you look at L85A2s its not glossy at all but quite a matt black.

L85's are very matt black in real life. They done have any shine or reflection to speak of.

And the sound is pretty realistic from the first person perspective in my opinion. I'm sure Pathy will correct me if im wrong but I think they are actual L85 sounds. Regardless, Pathy, Jonny and quite a few others in VCB and UKF have actually fired real live L85s and are sticklers for accuracy so I doubt they are wrong. Jonny would moan like a bitch if they were ;)

But thats what they sound like, the sounds are recorded from the real life weapons. As for the black parts if you look at L85A2s its not glossy at all but quite a matt black.

----I've seen some video about BAF in Afghanistan, and some youtube video about testing L85, whatever they fire the L85 rifles which's sound are quite different from yours. But your sniper L115A3 is really a masterpiece better than the one from BAF DLC.:)

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

L85's are very matt black in real life. They done have any shine or reflection to speak of.

And the sound is pretty realistic from the first person perspective in my opinion. I'm sure Pathy will correct me if im wrong but I think they are actual L85 sounds. Regardless, Pathy, Jonny and quite a few others in VCB and UKF have actually fired real live L85s and are sticklers for accuracy so I doubt they are wrong. Jonny would moan like a bitch if they were ;)

-------TBO, I might be wrong, after all I've never fire a real L85's. You really did a good job. And I'm still expecting a better textured Challenger 2.:bounce3:

----I've seen some video about BAF in Afghanistan, and some youtube video about testing L85, whatever they fire the L85 rifles which's sound are quite different from yours. But your sniper L115A3 is really a masterpiece better than the one from BAF DLC.:)

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

-------TBO, I might be wrong, after all I've never fire a real L85's. You really did a good job. And I'm still expecting a better textured Challenger 2.:bounce3:

The weapons are nothing to do with me mate, but I can assure you the sounds are realistic. :)

Hi Lao Fei Mao. Nice to have fans in far away places! :)

As Monty and Rock (both who have used the L85 irl) have pointed out already, the weapon is rather matt black, so it's an accurate feature.

Abit of development history on the L85 maybe. Whilst I was making the L85, I was also very active with my local OTC. This meant that, I would go away each weekend and spend 48 hours glued to the weapon. I'd then come back, and in the week, between doing uni work, i'd model what i'd seen. I'd then go away the next weekend, and get another view. It was great, because I could waste a few boring hours on stag duty by just examining the weapon in detail and imagining how I was going to recreate it in 3d!

When it came to making the sounds, I did them the day after I had been on a firing range with the rifle, down near Warminster.

Unfortunately, since the rifles have been released, I have had to put up with many many comments of people saying the sounds are wrong and this is wrong, and that is wrong. Usually, they've never fired the weapon, but instead quote youtube at me. "I watched this video on youtube, and yours sound nothing like them".

My weapon sounds aren't perfect. But the thing is, the weapon sounds different if you're stood 100m away, if you're stood 10m away, if you're stood behind the firer, to the left of the firer, to the right, if you are the firer. ArmA models some sound dynamics, but not a lot. This makes it impossible to make a sound that suits all situations. There have been a few people who've fired the rifle, & complained about the UKF sounds, but usually they appreciate this fact.

Ontop of this, if you listen to samples on youtube, not many of them sound like the rifle in person; the recording takes something away. Take the following, I do not think the rifle sounds much like this:

vyCkhp1Q-ws

Nor like this:

Nor like this:

WntG7nd7vMk

The closest I can find on youtube is this:

_eU5TaRuaO4

But, aside from being low quality, even that is missing something, although its a better representation than most other videos i've seen. If nothing else, this should illustrate how different the same rifle can sound, and why i'm more willing to trust my own insight and experience.

I think one of the big issues here is that BIS 5.56 rifles do not sound much like 5.56 rifles, but it's the standard. Infact, I've yet to hear a sound mod that sounds like a 5.56 rifle. When I do, i'll sing it's praises far and wide! But until that time, the UKF rifles will sound "odd" for daring to be different.

Edited by Pathy

Great weapons pack guys! Thank you for the hard work. The guys on my zombie map will love these.

Looking foward to next release.

I saw this weapon pack and i knew it was a must have.:) But before i get this pack i have two questions.

1) Does this pack work with CO+BAF?

2)What is this "hand glitch"?

I think one of the big issues here is that BIS 5.56 rifles do not sound much like 5.56 rifles, but it's the standard. Infact, I've yet to hear a sound mod that sounds like a 5.56 rifle. When I do, i'll sing it's praises far and wide! But until that time, the UKF rifles will sound "odd" for daring to be different.

Well I think there is such a soundmod: VOPsound

It's 5.56 sounds do sound like 5.56, you should try it.

Btw. love this weapon pack + your other stuff. It's way better than what BIS is trying to sell us.