killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Sorry I didn't explain that one too well - I meant in mission development, not inside an addon. Just to use some of the time-savers inside functions. (PARAMS3, PUSH etc.)

I seem to have got it working with the following line, I was just wondering if doing things this way will mess with anything important.

#include "\x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp"

That way you will be missing the mod and component defines so some macros won't work properly.

#define MOD bhaz

#define COMPONENT myMission

before the include would do.

That way you will be missing the mod and component defines so some macros won't work properly.

#define MOD bhaz

#define COMPONENT myMission

before the include would do.

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the help!

anyone getting the nil overridden error still?

im on the latest cba 7.1, still getting the error tho for my mission. i checked and removed any form of null or nil variables in my scripts, but it still appears..

however, this is what i got from the RPT

nil; 
>
 Error position: <nil; 
>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: nil
File x\cba\addons\hashes\fnc_hashEachPair.sqf, line 27
Error in expression < = true;

_logic setvariable ["restart",nil];

if (_debug) then {
xxx = [1,1,-0.>
 Error position: <nil];

if (_debug) then {
xxx = [1,1,-0.>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: nil
Error in expression < = true;

so im guessing it didnt have to do with my scripts at all..

edit****** nm i did have nil present when using the BIS fire function on some objects, seems to be working now. but i still wonder about that log from the rpt...

Edited by Igneous01

Myke;1807320']http://www.dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/files/common/fnc_getTerrainProfile-sqf.html#CBA_fnc_getTerrainProfile

Could someone explain me what this function does/can do?

You supply 2 positions' date=' and then the function returns the terrain profile information in the following format;

[2D Distance, Angle, Terrain Profile']

Terrain Profile seems to be an array of arrays, with format [Relative Altitude, 2D Distance from, 3D Distance from].

I'm guessing it uses the set resolution to build a terrain profile useful for things like radio propagation etc.

Does the source perhaps explain it better?

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/repository/revisions/develop/entry/addons/common/fnc_getTerrainProfile.sqf

Otherwise I think Rommel/Nou will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Edited by Sickboy

You supply 2 positions, and then the function returns the terrain profile information in the following format;

[2D Distance, Angle, Terrain Profile]

Terrain Profile seems to be an array of arrays, with format [Relative Altitude, 2D Distance from, 3D Distance from].

I'm guessing it uses the set resolution to build a terrain profile useful for things like radio propagation etc.

Does the source perhaps explain it better?

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/repository/revisions/develop/entry/addons/common/fnc_getTerrainProfile.sqf

Otherwise I think Rommel/Nou will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Yeah, i see. Hoped it could be used to perform a LOS check but for this it seems to be build up too complicated (and therefor too performance consuming) to be of any use for that matter.

Myke;1807328']Yeah' date=' i see. Hoped it could be used to perform a LOS check but for this it seems to be build up too complicated (and therefor too performance consuming) to be of any use for that matter.[/quote']

For a LOS check (no experience here, but) you might wanna use something like invisible ammo, laser-beam-ish.

Fire the beam from the position towards the wanted position, and track the beam; when the beam is not alive anymore it has hit something in the line of sight, or has reached it's destination.

Hmm...sounds rather impracticable for a radar simulation. Will do some research about it but at the end i guess i will rewrite the above linked function to my needs.

:EDITH:

Meh, already had such a thread opened in the editing forum and Mandoble posted a LOS script. completely forgot about that. I'm getting old. *sigh*

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Ah yes, no, certainly not practical for a radar ;D

Mando LOS sounds gut :)

i think the functions library reference is bugged, it shows up in game when i call it, but nothing from the config files is displayed

i think the functions library reference is bugged, it shows up in game when i call it, but nothing from the config files is displayed
Works fine here, perhaps you are using an old version of CBA.

Please create a ticket with your rpt if you keep having issues.

Hi i have this message in my server.rpt maybe someone can tell me if is normal

Conflicting addon CA_Support in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\modules_e\ssm\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_Alice2 in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\modules_e\alice2\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_Gita in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\modules_e\gita\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_Jukebox in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\modules_e\jukebox\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_UAV_Heli in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\modules_e\uav_heli\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_Weather in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\modules_e\weather\'

Conflicting addon Warfare2_E in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\warfare2_e\'

Conflicting addon CACharacters_E in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\characters_e\'

Conflicting addon CAWheeled_E in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\wheeled_e\'

Conflicting addon CAAir_E_AH6J in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\air_e\ah6j\'

Conflicting addon CAAir_E_Halo in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\air_e\halo\'

Conflicting addon CA_L39 in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\l39\'

Conflicting addon CAMisc_E in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\', previous definition in 'ca\misc_e\'

Conflicting addon CATracked2_AAV in 'ca\tracked2\aav\', previous definition in 'x\cba_oa\addons\main\'

I need to start my server with @CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2; if i choose only @CBA;@CBA_OA; the server never start.

Sry for my poor english im french Canadian.

Thx you

@DarkEclip: If your server runs ARMA2:CO you should only load @CBA when starting, if your server is OA only use @CBA_OA then.. :)

My server is CO and when i start just with @CBA; he never start

I try all CBA separatly and view the result in .rtp the server start only if i have all CBA on command line:

=====================================================================

== D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\arma2oaserver.exe

== "D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\arma2oaserver.exe" -exThreads=1 -profiles=D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\ -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma2OA.cfg -port=3302 -mod=@CBA;

Exe timestamp: 2010/12/01

Current time: 2010/12/10 02:14:57

Version 1.56.76134

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Warning Message: Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CA_CruiseMissile'

== D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\arma2oaserver.exe

== "D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\arma2oaserver.exe" -exThreads=1 -profiles=D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\ -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma2OA.cfg -port=3302 -mod=@CBA_OA;

Current time: 2010/12/10 02:15:29

Version 1.56.76134

ErrorMessage: Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.

== "D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\arma2oaserver.exe" -exThreads=1 -profiles=D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\ -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma2OA.cfg -port=3302 -mod=@CBA_A2;

Current time: 2010/12/10 02:16:25

Version 1.56.76134

Conflicting addon CAAir_E_AH6J in 'ca\air_e\ah6j\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CAAir_E_Halo in 'ca\air_e\halo\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CACharacters_E in 'ca\characters_e\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_L39 in 'ca\l39\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CAMisc_E in 'ca\misc_e\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_Weather in 'ca\modules_e\weather\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_Alice2 in 'ca\modules_e\alice2\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_UAV_Heli in 'ca\modules_e\uav_heli\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Support in 'ca\modules_e\ssm\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_Jukebox in 'ca\modules_e\jukebox\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_Gita in 'ca\modules_e\gita\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon Warfare2_E in 'ca\warfare2_e\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CAWheeled_E in 'ca\wheeled_e\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

ErrorMessage: Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_common.hpp not found.

== "D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\arma2oaserver.exe" -exThreads=1 -profiles=D:\UserFiles\DarkEclip\GameServers\TC27300822122565254501510\ -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma2OA.cfg -port=3302 -mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;

Current time: 2010/12/10 02:17:56

Version 1.56.76134

Conflicting addon CAAir_E_AH6J in 'ca\air_e\ah6j\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CAAir_E_Halo in 'ca\air_e\halo\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CACharacters_E in 'ca\characters_e\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_L39 in 'ca\l39\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CAMisc_E in 'ca\misc_e\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_Weather in 'ca\modules_e\weather\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_Alice2 in 'ca\modules_e\alice2\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_UAV_Heli in 'ca\modules_e\uav_heli\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Support in 'ca\modules_e\ssm\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_Jukebox in 'ca\modules_e\jukebox\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CA_Modules_E_Gita in 'ca\modules_e\gita\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon Warfare2_E in 'ca\warfare2_e\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CAWheeled_E in 'ca\wheeled_e\', previous definition in 'x\cba_a2\addons\main\'

Conflicting addon CATracked2_AAV in 'ca\tracked2\aav\', previous definition in 'x\cba_oa\addons\main\'

Thx you for your help :)

Edited by DarkEclip

My server is CO and when i start just with @CBA; he never start

Thx you for your help :)

The readme tells the tale;
What do I need?

===============

* You should always install the @CBA mod folder by copying it to your ArmA II installation

folder.

* If you have a "merged", Combined Operations installation with both the old ArmA II

content and the new Arrowhead expansion, you're done - you only need the @CBA mod folder.

* If you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation, you need both the @CBA

and the @CBA_OA folders loaded.

* If you only have the older ArmA II installed, you need both the @CBA and the

@CBA_A2 folders loaded.

Perhaps your installation is broken, and you are missing the addon that contains CA_CruiseMissile.

I think i have find the problem I`ve compared the two addons folder and i find a missing files Air2.pbo, i upload it atm. Thx you :yay:

Edited by DarkEclip

I think i have find the problem I`ve compared the two addons folder and i find a missing files Air2.pbo, i upload it atm. Thx you :yay:
Correct, that's the one :yay:

Hi,

I continually get the following error whenever previewing a mission;

"Warning: CBA requires extended event handlers (@XEH) at version [3,0,5] or higher. No version found"

current cba installed 0.7.1. Following the install and recommended mod folder for A2 + OA. CBA given priority on load.

Mods installed @cba @I44 (latest ver) @TheFew and @zeus_ai.

complete reinstall of A2 and OA and updated to 1.56 with BAF. I'm currently trying to work out why my entire game freezes requiring an ctrl+alt+del to shut it down. This may be a separate issue but thought i'd mention it.

I also have a few nul= execVM ["blah..."] in quite a few editor placed objects to call scripts for the mission, but I doubt this is the cause.

Any suggestions appreciated.

*edit - no cba required for I44... doh

cheers

Edited by Ebolavirus

Delete all old CBA_Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo's that you have laying around in your modfolders. Only leave the one in @CBA (latest version).

OK I do not want to be a dumb ass but If I have both Arma 2 and Arrow Head that I bought from steam as One purchase do I follow the instructions for a stand alone arrow head install or my install is different?

Follow instructions from readme.txt

You'll find it quoted at the top of this thread page.

OK I will try and write down these errors I am getting and explain them as I go as this is a new install and I am trying to get addons in a few at a time to make sure each is installed properly. I do have the steam version so I have two folders 1 for Arma2 and one For Arrowhead each version. And the way they are laid out makes me question wether or not you see them as a stand alone or merged. I ran one folder of the @CBA in the ARma2 folder and left the OA folder with nothing in it and when I added the RTE is was calling for items from the main folder I tried to put the @CBA_OA folder in the OA folder and the regualr @CBA in the Arma2 folder but when I tried to start it up it still wanted something from the main one "@CBA" So I put them both into the OA folder and well then the RTE worked right and as soon as I left the RTE and went to do something else a regular addon was calling for the @CBA from the Arma2 Folder. I cant tell you, I know for sure because I'm a definate noob to some of this but as soon as I moved it back no problems. I am a little confused as I used to run the @CBA in the Arma 2 folder the @CBA_OA in the arrowhead folder and never had a problem so I am not sure of what to do. I am running this version of the RTE..

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1812750#post1812750

Any help to get it all running right is very much appreciated.

Edited by Breeze

Ok I am sorry to drive you crazy I now see what I was screwing up. When I use the RTE I launch it from its own Icon or program and it doesn't have the ability to search the two root folders only 1 so it only sees the addons in OA,

So in a nutshell can I run the regular CBA addon folder the way you have always said but can I run it in both the OA and Arma2 folders without any problems. I am of course just going to try it but was not sure if it might screw something up that I can't see.