Sign in to follow this  
fabio_chavez

Tanoa Particle Effects

i think he's asking for a little update on the particle textures. that's all. i tend to agree. although i think the whole system could use certain, even small, additions that could make a big difference.

Will the same dusty dust from arma2 (or even a1?) blow through the palmtrees of tanoa?

Particles.jpg

Actually, he has a point.  :huh:

If you guys look at the particle effects within DayZ Standalone (e.g. Campfire), you can see that they have made the fire effects more realistic. Since there is many particle effect mods out there on Armaholic, I couldn't agree more on this.

Here is a comparison:

DayZ Standalone:

maxresdefault.jpg

Arma 3:

DD22BE1D5CB5771D6250FB1607099A2A5C85BD07

I'm not sure if just a set of new, better textures will do. ^_^

What about the currently available/implemented particle system itself? Is that still state of the art?

...or, what about 3rd party solutions?

:wacko:

I could agree more, some effects improvements is needed!
Never understand how can arma 3 use this frag explosions, it's looks more like a spaceship explosion. ^_^ Second pic how it should look.

ijhWXaJ.png

• Like 1

The particle system is kind of 1999

Yup. Kinda makes me wanna pull out my lil red corvette and dance in the Purple R.......

I could agree more, some effects improvements is needed!

Never understand how can arma 3 use this frag explosions, it's looks more like a spaceship explosion. ^_^ Second pic how it should look.

ijhWXaJ.png

Most explosions (like grenades) are generally disappointing puffs of dust... Except for the Claymore. That was pretty awesome.

I think its a combination of old technology and bad artistic decisions, plus total neglect of the department (a3 basicly reuses a2 textures) that created the situation, there might be bigger and more important construction sites but these kind of things do shape the player experience a lot and right now there is just no vision behind it... There have been some efforts to make destroyed vehicles look less weird and ugly etc but there is something about inheriting flaws of previous versions of that game that causes a certain blindness of familarity and thats not the ideal fertilizer for visionary game design i guess...

• Like 5

particle effects would benefit from a good looking over. right now the impacts and explosions and resultant smoke looked pretty dated. they are pretty hugely important because they signify interaction with the game world.

But the franchise allways had its very own approach to interactiveness, BI would probably loose brand value if theyd scrap the rotating semi transparent 2D shapes. But hey, after all i think dayzsa and a3 alltogether sold far more copys than they had ever could imagine on the onset of a3 development, maybe that will compensate?

By the way im aware that there are bigger issues, i really just wanted to get the information if particles might be something we could see some progress along with tanoa or not... Just curious!

Agreed, an I find zero tutorials on how to even begin attempting to alter the particles... 

The explosions are basic.  We need some real white poofs, some hand grenade smoke rings shooting up after the blast etc..  

I didn't even know that ground has better bullet holes. Maybe eye catches those wall bullet holes too often.

Spreadable fire to burn out fortified enemies as well as new and more precise blood wounding including spatter tops my Tanoan Particled X-Mas list

Spreadable fire to burn out fortified enemies as well as new and more precise blood wounding including spatter tops my Tanoan Particled X-Mas list

hah that would be cool! remember farcry 2? check this out.

it's sped up for demonstration but i love how the fire "eats" stuff. too detailed for arma large scale of course but i thought i share it since i came across it recently and it fits the topic.

^ That sh*t is glorious. Man sometimes that engine is just awe inspiring.

Eagerly awaiting Pyro The Game on UE4 if not then Babe_Fire will do