cyrilfiggis

[SP](RHS) RHS Showcases

Hey guys,

I always wondered what ArmA 3 would look like had BIS kept contemporary units. Well, thanks to RHS, now we can find out! I have done unit replacements for the first four showcases, and I have to say, so far it looks pretty darn good. I can't take credit for the missions, that was all BIS. All I did was swap the original units out for the RHS ones. I will not be converting the DLC showcases as I am probably already on shaky ground modifying the base missions.

Contains the following showcases

• Infantry
  • SCUBA
  • Vehicles
  • Helicopters
  • Combined Arms (Co-op 8)
  • Commanding
  • Night
  • Supports
  • Tanks
  • Armed Assault
  • Drones
  • Gunships
  • Fixed Wings

Download

Patch 3

Mega

Armaholic

Steam Workshop

Earlier Versions

Patch 2

Mega

Armaholic

Steam Workshop

Patch 1

Mega

Original

Mega

Requirements

RHS Escalation (AFRF + USAF)

Changelog

Patch 2

Changes

• Gunships - Swapped Ka50 for Mi24V due to transport limitations on the Ka :(

Earlier Changelogs

Patch 2

Additions

• Tanks
  • Armed Assault
  • Drones
  • Gunships
  • Fixed Wings

Patch 1

Additions

• Combined Arms
  • Commanding
  • Night
  • Supports

Fixes

• Fixed issue where both friendly and enemy AI were being issued vanilla scopes

Known/Suspected Issues

I can't figure out how activateKey is called (it seems to be in a function outside of the mission), so the little green dot next to the mission will light up for the official BIS showcase if you play the RHS missions.

Thanks

RHS for an awesome mod

BIS for an awesome game

Edited by CyrilFiggis
Patch 3 - Armaholic Mirror
  • Like 1

Convert the whole West Wind Campaign and everybody will love you CyrilFiggis ... or at least I will (heterossexually, fraternal love I mean ;) But if you convert all showcases, you´d be already my personnal hero!

Post on steamworkshop if you want more visibility, but get ready for a lot of noobness and unexpected (but ignorable) negative/confuse feedback =)

cheers!

Thanks for this! This will be even better once RHS finishes their USMC faction (Especially those plain SPCs!). Noticed on the Infantry showcase the rest of your team still have the A3 optics instead of ACOGs n' shit, kind of bothered me, but not a huge deal.

Good to know there is interest, I'll post a few more tonight then :)

Convert the whole West Wind Campaign and everybody will love you CyrilFiggis ... or at least I will (heterossexually, fraternal love I mean But if you convert all showcases, you´d be already my personnal hero!

Post on steamworkshop if you want more visibility, but get ready for a lot of noobness and unexpected (but ignorable) negative/confuse feedback =)

cheers!

Glad to see you are excited! Once I do the Showcases, I will probably move on to the West Wind campaign or work on a related idea that has been sitting in my head. I'll post to steam workshop once I have all of them pretty much finalized so I don't have to do too much fiddling / hear too much complaining every time I update. That being said, definitely report bugs. I'm not perfect, I may have even missed conversions (such as the scopes 5harp5hot pointed out in the Infantry Showcase. )

Thanks for this! This will be even better once RHS finishes their USMC faction (Especially those plain SPCs!). Noticed on the Infantry showcase the rest of your team still have the A3 optics instead of ACOGs n' shit, kind of bothered me, but not a huge deal.

Yeah, I'm excited to see the next big update. Some of the missions are going to be done with the US Army as they are more complete. The scopes are the kind of stuff that I miss! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll put out an update containing a fix for this, and the next 4 missions, later tonight.

Cool! Your thread got me wondering about if Arma 3 was to be set in modern times but in the same setting. I wish someone would make a total modification that wasn't a reskin, but an expansion (similar to RHS) that would represent all the factions in A3 in modern times, the current day Greek Military, the current day Iranian army, even the rebels could do some work, the US wouldn't need to be touched since we already have RHS! Some things we can only dream of. (sigh)

Interesting idea, I'll certainly try them, and the ones that will come :)

Patch 1 as promised!

Changelog

Patch 1

Additions

• Combined Arms (Co-op 8)
  • Commanding
  • Night
  • Supports

Fixes

• Fixed issue where both friendly and enemy AI were being issued vanilla scopes

-----------------------------------------------

Download

Patch 1

Mega

------------------------------------------------

Interesting idea, I'll certainly try them, and the ones that will come

Awesome, thanks!

Cool! Your thread got me wondering about if Arma 3 was to be set in modern times but in the same setting. I wish someone would make a total modification that wasn't a reskin, but an expansion (similar to RHS) that would represent all the factions in A3 in modern times, the current day Greek Military, the current day Iranian army, even the rebels could do some work, the US wouldn't need to be touched since we already have RHS! Some things we can only dream of. (sigh)

That would be pretty cool! I can't wait to see more about the major expansion.

Edited by CyrilFiggis

Wow, that worked great! The only thing I could add is that they´re still scenarios/SP missions, if you could add them on the Showcase tab, that would be awesome and way easier to find (right now it is mixed and lost between my over 4K SP missions lol), some mods already done it... GLT [Legislator] and Kydoymos could help you out how to config them as proper showcases!

Anxious to see you port the whole campaign (or at least the first part or the second) to RHS units... I don´t mind the AAF/CSAT being the Russians or you could use Leights OPFOR (AAF could be the Ultranationalists, RACS or SLA army from LOP_units) too

cheers!

Patch 2 is here. I added the last of the showcases. I will pay attention to any breaking bugs, but it is finals week so I won't be doing anything serious until next week. There should be nothing game breaking at this point though. If everything looks stable next week, I will begin work on a related project that I think people are really going to like :)

Changelog

Patch 2

Additions

• Tanks
  • Armed Assault
  • Drones
  • Gunships
  • Fixed Wings

----------------

Download

Patch 2

Mega

Steam Workshop

Anxious to see you port the whole campaign (or at least the first part or the second) to RHS units... I don´t mind the AAF/CSAT being the Russians or you could use Leights OPFOR (AAF could be the Ultranationalists, RACS or SLA army from LOP_units) too

That would be an interesting idea however may I suggest something else?

For CSAT I would use two things, left them as Iranians, however replace vehicles and weapons with RHS ones, while uniforms with briliant CSAT Modification Mod by TheEvanCat.

It would keep the campaign cohesion intact.

As for AAF I would recomend to keep vanilla uniforms, helmets and vests and replace only some stuff, maybe with Russian vehicles and weapons from RHS. Of course in the end uniforms, helmets and vests also can be replaced.

In such case I would suggest to give CSAT newer equipment and weapons, and AAF older, for example CSAT MBT would be T-80UE-1 and AAF MBT would be T-72B obr.1985, CSAT IFV would be BMP-3, AAF IFV would be BMP-2, CSAT would use newer EMR uniforms, AAF older Flora, and so on. Of course some weapons might be shared as the same for example pistols or assault rifles, the MG's, AAF might use PKM while CSAT PKP. There is plenty of possibilities.

It is all just to keep factions cohesion and how they are presented in the campaign while replacing what should be replaced.

The AAF could also be an older style Western based faction with Russian influences, so the old carryhandle M16s and the like but still use SVDs and PKMs, or maybe they could use the default M14 from the marksmen DLC. Either way I'd be happy to knock up a script for you that can create that kind of custom faction without needing an extra mod (based on the weapons used by RHS). Either way definitely a good idea, I've pretty much played out the showcases but a new take on the campaign could be interesting.

Wow! Please continue this and I will finally play the campaign.

That would be an interesting idea however may I suggest something else?

For CSAT I would use two things, left them as Iranians, however replace vehicles and weapons with RHS ones, while uniforms with briliant CSAT Modification Mod by TheEvanCat.

It would keep the campaign cohesion intact.

As for AAF I would recomend to keep vanilla uniforms, helmets and vests and replace only some stuff, maybe with Russian vehicles and weapons from RHS. Of course in the end uniforms, helmets and vests also can be replaced.

In such case I would suggest to give CSAT newer equipment and weapons, and AAF older, for example CSAT MBT would be T-80UE-1 and AAF MBT would be T-72B obr.1985, CSAT IFV would be BMP-3, AAF IFV would be BMP-2, CSAT would use newer EMR uniforms, AAF older Flora, and so on. Of course some weapons might be shared as the same for example pistols or assault rifles, the MG's, AAF might use PKM while CSAT PKP. There is plenty of possibilities.

It is all just to keep factions cohesion and how they are presented in the campaign while replacing what should be replaced.

Even better suggestion, Bravo, Damian90! I use EvanCat´s "believable" CSAT mod, and it is very coherent... Damian90´s plan of replacement is perfect indeed!

CyrilFiggis you are officially challenged to make a proper replacement for the Campaign, and many people will play it that way, that´s for sure =)

Cheers!

[EDIT] Cyrill, I´ve got a bad choise of replacement, instead of a bug, to report on the showcase "Gunships": you should have exchanged the Kajman for a MilMi-24, cus the last task to complete the showcase is to rescue a surrounded squadron... you can´t pick up soldiers with the Ka-52, but the Hind can take up to 8 or at least 6 soldiers =P

Without a Hind, we can´t complete the showcase... and the Hind has more rockets and enough AT missiles to complete all the other task! =D

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Ok, so my suggestion in sort of plan. First for CSAT.

CSAT (Iranians).

Uniforms, helmets, vests (2 options):

Option 1: Use RHS EMR camo newer types of uniforms, vests and headgear without Russian markings.

Option 2: Use TheEvanCat's CSAT Modification mod vests, uniforms an headgear.

Weapons:

Use RHS weapons.

Pistol - MP-443 Grach/PYa.

Assault rifle - AK-74M.

Machine gun - PKP.

RPG - RPG-7V with standard PG-7VL anti-armor granades and OG-7L anti-personell granades.

ATGM - We have currently non for Russian faction, so vanilla one can be used, or RPG-7V with PG-7VR tandem anti-armor granades.

Vehicles:

Use newer type of Russian RHS vehicles.

4x4 - GAZ Tigr, however bare in mind we still do not have armed variants.

Trucks - We have Ural and GAZ-66 trucks right now in various variants.

APC - BTR-82/82A.

IFV - BMP-3 series, most likely BMP-3M tough they are not fully ready yet.

MBT - T-80UE-1 seems to be the most appropriate replacement for T-100 Varsuk.

SPAAG - We have curently only ZSU-23-4 tough 2S6 Tunguzka is in development.

Artillery - 2S3M1 is curretly avaiable, in future perhaps more appropriate 2S19 Msta-S will be avaiable as a replacement for 2S9 Sochor.

Transport Heli - we have both heavy Mi-8 family as well as smaller and lighter Ka-60 on which vanilla PO-30 Orca is based.

Attack Heli - For Mi-48 for all intents and purposes our Mi-24V seems to be the best replacement.

CAS Aircraft - We have Su-25, tough To-199 renamed to Yak-130 would be good enough.

AAF.

Uniforms, helmets, vests (2 options):

Option 1: Use RHS Flora camo older types of uniforms, vests and headgear without Russian markings.

Option 2: Use vanilla stuff.

Weapons (2 options):

Use RHS weapons.

Variant 1:

Pistol - MP-443 Grach/PYa.

Assault rifle - AK-74M.

Machine gun - PKM.

RPG - RPG-7V with standard PG-7VL anti-armor granades and OG-7L anti-personell granades.

ATGM - We have currently non for Russian faction, so vanilla one can be used, or RPG-7V with PG-7VR tandem anti-armor granades.

Variant 2:

Pistol - M1911A1.

Assault rifle - M16A4.

Machine gun - M240 or M249.

RPG - M136.

ATGM - FGM-148 Javelin.

Or use vanilla stuff which is good enough, maybe besides machine gun, AAF should not use M200/Mk200 but M249 or M240.

Vehicles:

Variant 1:

Use different types of RHS vehicles.

4x4 - GAZ Tigr, HMMWV variants.

Trucks - Ural or FMTV.

APC - BTR-82/82A.

IFV - BMP-2 series.

MBT - T-72B obr.1985, T-72B obr.1989 or T-72B3.

Transport Heli - Vanilla is good enough.

Attack Heli - Vanilla is good enough.

CAS Aircraft - Vanilla is good enough.

Variant 2:

Keep all vehicles as vanilla.

Cyrill, I´ve got a bad choise of replacement, instead of a bug, to report on the showcase "Gunships": you should have exchanged the Kajman for a MilMi-24, cus the last task to complete the showcase is to rescue a surrounded squadron... you can´t pick up soldiers with the Ka-52, but the Hind can take up to 8 or at least 6 soldiers =P

Expect a fix later today. I have a final in about an hour, I'll patch right after, so look for it around 4PM EST. Thanks for reporting, super silly mistake on my part!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the rest: It is finals week which means that I have tests that determine my future and get kicked out of my on-campus apartment for the summer over the span of the next three days. Please know that while I may not respond in depth to your excellent suggestions, I am reading them and will definitely take them into consideration. Damian, you did a ton of leg work with unit selection! It looks good, I have to check out that CSAT mod for sure.

I'm sorry I can't be as attentive as I would like. Probably should have waited until after finals to release, but I was excited :) Glad to see there is so much interest though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added Armaholic Mirror

Edited by CyrilFiggis

Focus on your exams mate. We will be here afterwards ;)

Presenting Patch 3!

Patch 2

Changes

• Gunships - Swapped Ka50 for Mi24V due to transport limitations on the Ka :(

Download

Patch 3

Mega

Steam Workshop

-------------------------------------------------------

Finals are over :) Thanks for all the encouragement guys, its good to see you guys like it! I'll be focusing on a more.... dynamic... way of doing the conversions. You should see something that players and mission makers alike will like quite a bit in the coming weeks!

Finals are over :) Thanks for all the encouragement guys, its good to see you guys like it! I'll be focusing on a more.... dynamic... way of doing the conversions. You should see something that players and mission makers alike will like quite a bit in the coming weeks!

We´re counting on it, Cyril! Is it a replacement config? So far only Armscor have done it... and don´t take me wrong, CephasPetras, but I don´t want play Arma3 campaign using south african Galils lol... if it is, that would be awesome, Cyril!

BTW, somebody is already working on a remake of East Wind using RHS -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191955-The-East-Wind-RHS-Remake&p=2939856#post2939856

So it is better to be a replacement config, so we can have RHS on any vanilla missions or other campaigns (as In Out Time, Bell tolls, MERCS, Dying Ember and Resist!)

Keep it up!

Cheers!

• Like 1

;2939960']

So it is better to be a replacement config' date=' so we can have RHS on any vanilla missions or other campaigns (as In Out Time, Bell tolls, MERCS, Dying Ember and Resist!)

[/quote']

I don't think you'll be disappointed....

I don't think you'll be disappointed....

Super-dupper-awesomeness then ;) Virtual hugs of gratitude to you!

cheers!

This looks great!i am currently using massi's simple CSAT replacement which just changes the existing CSAT units uniforms.i would love to see the campaign re-done with RHS ect.9My biggest hope is that someone will get the campaign from A2 functioning in A3 ...hint hint)Keep up the good work-converting the scenarios is an amazing start!

@ineptaphid I tried that, but got stuck on the missions when the mobile HQ is introduced... If anyone's got ideas for that, feel free to share :]

Regards,

DenyWilCo.