Sign in to follow this  
VanZant

VanZant's Extended Grenade & Throwable Items (EGTI)

THIS ADDON IS DISCONTINUED

For the good one visit https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184343-vanzants-adjustable-grenades/

VanZant's Extended Grenades & Throwable Items (EGTI)
Current version: 0.54 lite
Required Addons: CBA A3

Direct links: Download
Armaholic: Download

Changelog:

v0.54 29.08.2013

• Fixed. Solved the font error popup.

v0.53 28.08.2013

• Fixed. The height above elevated structures was not calculated properly.
  • Fixed. Aiming below the horizon line no longer causes the trajectory is lower than expected.

v0.52 27.08.2013

• Fixed. Cooked an cancelled states were broken while fixing things for v0.51.

v0.51 27.08.2013

• Added. User config system.
  • Added. Setting in user config to change the throw key.
  • Added. Setting in user config to show the force info on screen.
  • Added. Indicators for cooked and cancelled states.
  • Fixed. Now when cancelled the magazine is not lost.
  • Fixed. Under certain conditions the item dissapeared.

v0.50 25.08.2013

• First release.

This is a small experiment to boost the gameplay experience with such items. It affects all the throwable items like grenades, smoke, ... I was not going to release this since BIS is supposedly changing the grenade system, for the next millenium :P, but later I thought it could be interesting.

Installation notes:
  • By default the addon is configured to use the key G, which is the default one for throwing items in the game. If you changed the key mapping don't forget to check the config file and set up your configuration. Both keys, game and addon, must be the same!.

Working features:

• Progressive throw force with realistic delays.
  • Force and status indicator (by default deactivated, check the config file).
  • Ability to cook (not potatos).
  • Ability to cancel the throw.
  • Real physic properties for each item. Mass, drag forces, ... Smoke shells are heavier than grenades, chemlights are very light but be aware as they are more affected by drag forces and wind.
  • Increased the max. elevation from the default 60º up to 85º. Full 90º was very dangerous because without references it is almost impossible to aim.
  • Environment simulation & non linear response curves. In prone position don't expect to put a grenade 30 meters away or if you are aiming upwards don't expect to reach the stars.

Known issues:

• No animation yet.
  • No stance deviation yet.

Usage (for the default key):

• To throw: Press "G" and hold the time needed. You can hold the time you need because the throw will be effective once the key is released. It takes about 2 seconds to reach the maximum force.
  • To cook: Press "G" and hold, without releasing the key, when you think the force is the needed click once the middle mouse button to start cooking, the force is now memorized and time passes, keep holding the key and release it when you want.
  • To cancel: Only works if it is not cooked. Press "G" and hold, click once the secondary mouse button and release the key.
Edited by VanZant

Nice. This is really going to enhance the grenade experience. Can't wait to try this, assuming that you're releasing it.

so awesome! exactly the concept i had in mind. this is how grenades should be handled in a game like this.

Nice job :cool:, that goes right into my folder of addons. It takes some time getting used to (careful not to tap g with grenades selected:eek: ) but it's much better, it's nice to be able to do short throws.

Wow, realy nice modification. This is what is missed in vanilla again.

Thank you!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

just had to check this before i left home. !! Thanks ALOT we all NEEDED this Desperately!!

Is this going to be available via steam workshop?

Is this going to be available via steam workshop?

I haven't taken a look yet but i thought it is only for missions.

This is an awesome mod, that has one Major drawback.. the Keybinds.... Please please Please make it user configurable as to what keys we use... I use "g" for my inventory. and "T" to throw .. When i press t a grenade appears in front of me then disappears.. I press g a grande drops infront of me and my gear menu pops up. I was looking foreword to using this, minus this one draback, its awesome!! Thanks again..

Mod looks awesome mate. Think I'm doing something wrong - I don't seem to get the percentage info displayed and doesn't appear to cook. The mod appears to be active as I'm not getting any animation of the throw. CBA active too.

Cheers

I have the same as petek. Mod installed correctly. Possible conflict with another mod ... will investigate.

Hi Kremator - on closer inspection the mod does seem to work (and it's great) It seems only the percentage power display isn't working for me. I can cook etc..

cheers

The mod is configured to use the default throw key G. I think all those problems come from there. The next update will include the possibility to change the key.

For now the mouse controls will remain as is. I don't see a better solution. Using more keys for cook and cancel actions would be excessive, those options are not used enough to need two dedicated keys.

The force indicator was removed from the release version for two reasons. In real life there is no force indicator, and to not interfere with other addons or missions. Mostly it is a debug feature that is using the hint panel and could overlap to other messages.

VanZant, in real life you know how far you're going to throw something. Holding a key on a keyboard, hell, I have no idea... (God knows I've blown myself up a few times :) )

But I love your mod. Would be nice to have some sort of force indicator visible. A graphic arc, numerical values, anything so we have a better idea.

Force indicator is prolly a good idea to leave in, as it will help those that need it (ie me ;) ) Could it be made as a dialog ?

I like the idea of a small bar or icon, but it will take time. I'll check it.

The user settings system is now implemented. I added the setting to enable the info hint until the dialog solution.

Stay tuned

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
mirror updated with latest version

Major bug in 0.51, y broke everything xD. 0.52 uploaded.

Sorry Foxhound.