Sign in to follow this  
Yapab

Notifications for new Beta releases

Hi,

When the first beta's came out I made a small script which emails me when a new beta patch is released. A few of my friends use it and I decided to make a frontend for it and let anyone sign up for this email notification.

It's worked great on the last two betas so anyone is welcome to check it out:

http://www.qbasix.com/ARMA2

You can also easily remove yourself incase you lose interest in the betas!

I posted it on other forums and got a good response so hopefully it helps some people get the latest beta fixes early as not everyone browses the forums daily.

Thanks,

Yapa

Over 60 views and no other comment? Shame on you people :p

Thanks Yapa, that's a useful thing.

Nice idea but the information you are gathering is it now secure once you have it stored ?

Nice idea but the information you are gathering is it now secure once you have it stored ?

Yes the information gets stored in a secure database at a business grade host so unless I'm malicious it will be safe! I guess if someone is really paranoid then they would not sign up.

Its only storing your email address and name/game alias so not really personal information!

Thanks guys! hope it lets you get that beta patch sooner :)

Yes the information gets stored in a secure database at a business grade host so unless I'm malicious it will be safe! I guess if someone is really paranoid then they would not sign up.

Its only storing your email address and name/game alias so not really personal information!

Thanks guys! hope it lets you get that beta patch sooner :)

Cool. Was just checking, no harm in asking, now where do I put my credit card detail again ? ;) j/k

heheheh thats ok I understand your concerns :) and will be upgrading it to include inputs for your credit card number ;)

Just got notified about another beta, seems BIS are busy!

Yapa

Superb idea Yapab, thanks for doing this, signed up :)

Great idea. Signed up too !

In fact all releases from BIs should be covered in this :)

Do you post on Whirlpool?

Hello Mudkip, yes I post on Whirlpool too :) and a few people from there signed up too although the thread has become a bit quiet recently.

Thanks for the feedback, and to anyone who has signed up please make sure to mark the first "sign-up" email as safe because web services such as hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc might make the email as spam so you will not get the update email.

Yapa

Hello markushaze,

I've had a look and not sure which sub-forum to post it in.

Please feel free to post the link and details since you probably know German and the forum better :)

Yapa

Great idea, signed up.. now dont go and abuse our mailboxes ya hear :P

Thanks Yapab great idea indeed. Are you posting to PC Games Hardware?

Edited by connos

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll see if I can update it when time permits to show patch version and possibly change log in the email.

connos, yes I'm the same Yapa from PCGH :) I get around ;)

Any chance of RSS feed for the betas? (RSS feed is much easier for end user than email).

Any chance of RSS feed for the betas? (RSS feed is much easier for end user than email).

Not really because I think another user has already made an RSS feed for the betas!

Now that we have both systems everyone will be informed! I for example get emails on my phone, I can also get RSS feeds on the phone but emails are easier for me than looking at RSS feeds as they give a signal when a new email comes in.

Yapa

Thanks Yapa, very handy service! Especially yesterday when there were two beta releases, I got warned again after downloading the first one :)